Just friends

Just Like Everyone Else

This will be the end.  I've decided to make this a two shot.  Actually, I have a lot of unfinished stories from years ago.  I found a long lost flash drive, and will probably be up loading those the next couple of weeks or so.  Since this is a slice of life fanfic, I was thinking of just ending it with the first one shot,  but you(readers) can obviously treat it as you like :) 

 

 

Seo looked around her old room in her parents’ house, fortunately they were away on a trip and she wouldn't have to answer to their question at least for a couple more days.  She had made her decision and was moving out.

After what happened with Luhan she realized she had acted immature, and what better way to grow that to move out?  She had sat on her bed just thinking and thinking.  Telling herself that it was ok to cry and hurt, but it wasn't ok to let herself drown in her sadness, things would get better.  And things did get better. 

Three months had passed since she had broken their friendship, and her heart was still mending.  She still often thought about luhan, but somehow things were different and before she noticed she was also different.  Her heart no longer felt any resentment towards him, but niether did it feel any longing for him.

For Luhan three months had passed differently.

Luhan did what Seo had asked and gave her time and space.  He loved her and had really blown it.  For the first couple of weeks he went out with a couple of girls, just trying to move on in denial of what he felt.  When he became aware of his feelings, he also realized just feelings weren’t strong enough, for love there must be two people that feel strongly about each other.  He had a hard time, and didn’t want to give up.  He gathered his courage to go apologize, before finally admitting to himself what he had already know, that he had lost Seohyun.  He didn’t know how the next couple of years would be, especially since he and Seohyun would be attending the same institution.  He never found out though because he moved back to China.

The once inseparable friends became just two strangers.

To Seohyun like a shining star came love.  She had moved into one of the university dorms and was carrying her last bag into the building when a friendly boy that looked lost approached her.

"Hi. My name is Zhang Yixing!" the cute boy smiled showing his dimples. "Do you need help?"

Seo hyun smiled "Um... nope. I'm already done." Seo hyun said taking notice of the boy’s fallen face, cute.  "But, um Hi I'm Seo Joo Hyun." she said with a smile "I'll see you later I guess."

Yixing nodded.  He ended up following Seohyun to the elevator and even getting off on the same floor.

"Oh, do you stay on this floor too?" she asked thinking it strange, was he following her?

He nodded.

"What room number?"

"Room 143" Yixing said and Seohyun froze "You?" he asked.

Seo looked at him "Are you sure?"

Yixing nodded.

"I'm in the same room." Seo hyun said confused "They let boys and girls room together?"

After calling the university dorm director Seo learned that since she had changed her living arrangements fairly late she would have to settle in with Yixing.

Yixing was studying in the living room.

"Yixing." Seo said approaching him cautiously "We should introduce ourselves."

Yixing nodded happily closing his book.

Seo smiled and sat next to him. "I’m Seo Joo hyun, but you can call me Seohyun."

"You can call me Lay.  I'm from china, but I’m studying abroad for the year." he smiled "I hope we can be friends as I haven't been able to make many friends."  That statement reminded her of Luhan, and she wondered how he was doing.  She hadn’t heard from him or seen him at orientation, but that was normal with the campus being so big.

Seohyun nodded understandingly "Oh, I can speak Chinese!" Seo said excitedly.

What started out like a normal relationship between roommates soon turned into a more romantic relationship.

Seohyun knew it was there no matter how much she denied it.  A ual attraction.  There had been more than a couple of times when she would see him without a shirt, and accidentally openly ogle at him.  Lay seemed to feel it too, sometimes initiating skin ship.  ual attraction though is different from love.  When she started having feeling for him, she didn’t know, but perhaps it was just growing used to being with him.  Yixing was always so gentle, in everything that he did he had a certain aura of grace. 

Yixing was energetic and funny, but also quiet and a bit timid.  Seohyun found him extremely cute, and then incredibly handsome at times.  He was very knowledgeable and they seemed to have similar values.  Somehow learning more about him always lead to statements like, “Really me too!”

It was a day that while walking to Lay's classroom Seo became upset seeing a group of girls talking animatedly with him that Seo discovered her growing feelings were becoming something else besides just a crush.  She confronted him about the situation.

He smiled at her and opened his arms to her, Seo smiled knowing she couldn't stay mad at him and hugged him.  "If I say I like you, will you accept me too?" He asked hugging her tightly.

Seohyun nodded yes with her head still on his shoulders.

Like that with an unofficial question their relationship became official and started to bloom like a delicate flower.

The one semester they were supposed to room together became a year and the one year Lay was to study abroad became two, two years that were nothing less than wonderful.

On the day of Lay's birthday he asked her to spend the whole day with him as his present saying that there was only one thing he wanted.  After blowing out the candle flames Seo asked what he had wished for.

Lay smiled knowing she would ask that.  Usually he would say that it was a secret. "Do you want to know?"

Seo smiled and nodded. She noticed Yixing's big smile and felt happy at the thought of him being just as happy as she was.  Then her expression changed from a happy to confused when she saw him get up, before she could even ask what was going on lay got down on one knee in front of her.

"My wish is that you'll say yes to what I’m about to ask.  Seo Joo hyun, will you marry me?" he said looking at her both lovingly and nervously as he took out the ring.

Seo was taken back that she just embraced him while crying "Can you give me a minute?" she said in between sobs.

150402

Yixing tried to pull away, so he could whipped her tears, but Seo just hugged him tighter.   He chuckled and patted her back while tears were also falling from his eyes.  "I'm so bad, I already made you cry." he joked as he held her.

Seo smiled kissing his tear stained cheeks.  "Zhang Yixing, I also have a question and a present for you." she said giggling a bit while whipping away her own tears.

"Huh?" Yixing said.

Seo felt the box in her pocket once again before turning to Yixing.  She hid his gift behind her back "Sit down." she told him.

Yixing was confused, but complied.

Seo's face went from excited to embarrass to nervous and blushing.  She approached him and standing right in front of him she got down on one knee with her dress and all, while also regretting wearing such high heels.  She surprised Yixing who felt excited and stunned.  “What is this?”

"Zhang Yixing, Will you marry me?" she asked.  "Ugh, embarrassing!" Seo said after a couple of seconds and laid her head on Yixing's lap "Help me up."

Yixing laughed helping her up and then pulling her to sit on his lap.  "I will. You?" he said his hands on her waist smiling.

"I will." she said smiling back at him before giving him a quick peck.

Yixing frowned pointing at his lips before attacking Seohyun with kisses.

“Wait we have to put on the rings.”

He laughed along with her when she slipped the ring on his finger.

Their engagement lasted two years for a couple of reasons.  One wedding planning is hard and they wanted to at least finish their Bachelors. 

The wedding

"Seo! If you don't hurry up, Yixing is going to leave!" sunny yelled at Seohyun.

"No he won't" Seo said grumpy and running out to the car in a hurry.

Before entering the church Seo was nervously pacing around.  "Seo, honey are you ok? Having second thoughts?" her dad asked.

Seo looked up at her father's face and then to the doors that separated them from the many guest and looking forward to a wedding.  Yixing too was on the other side of those doors.  She smiled, took a deep breath and linked her arm with her father.

Walking down the aisle Seohyun felt as if her heart would explode with happiness and seeing Yixing's smile she couldn't help, but blush.  “’I’m getting married!”

Seohyun surprise herself and everyone else when her “I do!" came out very enthusiastically.  Yixing giggled silently as Seo looked down, before kissing her.

Once it was time for the reception Seo looked nervously around for Yixing.  They had arrived in the same car, but were then separated.  "Kris, have you seen Yixing?" she asked.

He nodded no "Have you checked the room at the very end of the hallway?"

"Oh, I'll go check." Seo said.

In the room there stood only two men.  One man just happily married and the other sadly mistaken.  He had received an invitation from his childhood friend.  He had no idea thought that the bride was once also his best friend, after all there are many people with the name Joohyun.

Yixing was being congratulated by his friend that had flown in from China when there was a knock.

“Lay, can I come in?”

“Oh, the bride?” Luhan said.

“Luhan this is my bride Seohyun,” Lay said opening the door.

“Luhan?”

“It’s been a while, huh?” Luhan said looking at Seohyun in her white dress.  “You look stunning.”

“Thank you” She said trying not to be so obviously uncomfortable.  “Yixing, I’ll go talk to the guest, hurry up, ok,” she said before leaving.

“Ge, do you know her?”

“Yes, she and I were…” he paused thoughts flying through his head “best friends in high school.”  Luhan sighed, “Well let’s get out there, after all I don’t want to keep you from celebrating your wedding.”

“Thanks for coming.”  Lay said before going off to find his bride.

“Seohyun and I, after all we were just friends.”  Luhan thought looking at the smiling couple.

 


 

160803

Thank you!!!!!  Especially to aysan-seo, Seohyun-forever, and anazirahs6729 xoxo