You're Just a Liar

I Didn't Lie

"So you're an idol."

I nod.

"After all this time, you tell me now?"

I nod.

"You liar."

I look up.

"Excuse me? A liar?"

"You didn't tell me you're an idol! You liar!" I feel myself being pushed back with each comment.

A liar?

Me?

I push her off me.

"I'm not a liar."

"Yes you-"

"You said so yourself, I never told you. That is true, and I am guilty for it. But, I didn't lie to you." Those skeptical eyes continue to bore into my soul. I shrug. It's true,

I didn't lie.

"You told me you're a normal human being!"

I look down at myself, then back up.

"Well, do I look like an alien to you?" I could see blood rushing up and steam coming out of those ears.

Mad.

"Look, I know you're mad that I didn't tell you." I receive a nod. "And I'm sorry that I didn't tell you, but I just want to say before you break it off, that I'm only guilty of not telling you, not lying."

"Before I break it off?" 

I nod.

"Who says I was going to break it off?" 

I give her a look.

"I say. Because I know you were going to break it off before I mentioned it." Your eyes say everything.

"I... I..."

"If you deny it, then you'll be the one guilty of lying now, not me. I never was." I can see a hand coming my way.

I stop it. I can feel the hand tense in anger.

"Let go of me."

I don't.

"I said let go."

I don't.

"I said, LET. GO." The hand pulls itself out of my grasp.

I don't say anything.

"You know what? Maybe right now I'm feeling hate towards you because you're a celebrity, but even if you weren't, even if you were a regular citizen-"

"What makes you think I'm not a regular citizen?"

"What?"

I look straight into those angry eyes.

"I said, what makes you think I'm not a regular citizen?"

"You're an idol."

"Yes, but does that not make me a citizen? I'm just as much a citizen as you are."

If looks could kill, I'm not sure which one would be dead.

"You know what I mean!"

"Actually, I don't." I see the hand come towards me yet again.

I step back. The hand finds nothing, and pulls the rest of the body with it down to the ground.

Stupid.

"Don't look at me like that. You won't even help me up after I've fallen?"

"Why should I?"

"Because I'm a lady!"

A lady? How about a ? Or maybe toy is the right term.

"I don't see anything but trash. I'd rather not dirty my hands. Can't risk HIV. After all, I'm a celebrity."

Another hand would come if it weren't on the ground.

"Trash? Trash? You think I'm trash?"

"Yes."

The hands push down on the ground as the feet stand.

"You think I'm trash."

"If you think I haven't seen you crawling over other men then you thought wrong." The hand fists itself. "I think, instead of me, you are guilty of lying." I point an offending finger ahead. An offended face looks straight back at me.

"Jinwook, I can use our relationship, what you're saying, all of this, against you." 

I tilt my head.

"Who'll believe you?"

"Everyone-"

"You're a nobody. A simple citizen with no title. Nobody knows you. If you post our relationship, you'll become nothing but the girl who attempted to sue Jisoo from Lovelyz. You are nothing, and you'll always be nothing. You don't understand the power of a fandom."

I hear a scoff.

"Your fandom isn't even that big."

"Ah, but I still have one. Do you?"

The feet fidget.

"Would I?"

"Exactly. You wouldn't. Because you're a nobody. You have no title and nobody knows you."

I'm repeating myself.

"You! You!" The empty space that once held my offending finger is replaced with the other. A point towards me. I raise my brows.

"Did I lie?"

One tear drops.

Another falls.

And another.

And another.

And another.

Tears of defeat.

I didn't lie.

I never did.

I'm guilty of nothing but speaking the truth.

Harsh? I think not.

It's only harsh when the male speaks the truth isn't it?

It's only harsh when the male makes the girl cry isn't it?

It's never harsh when the girl slaps the male.

It's never harsh when the girl cheats on the male.

It's never harsh when the girl lies.

It's only ever harsh when the male wins in a battle of honesty.

 

You'd be lying if you denied that's true.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


A/n

my intent wasn't to make this as hmm what's the word, mean?

my purpose when I created this wasn't to target the female character and discriminate.

My sole purpose was just to prove that mc(aka jinhoo) didn't lie. Because, this happens a lot. (not a celebrity dating a non celebrity and then harshly breaking up with them) Whenever a girl finds out something abouts the male for the first time, she automatically accuses him for lying. When the truth is, he just never told her. One more thing is, the girl never waits for an explanation. She always only ever accuses, and never listens.

This is why females are discriminated against. This is why so many males make fun of females. This is why so many males underlook females. This is why males think feminism is stupid.

Whenever a fight like this happens between a male and a girl, I could only think that this is what the male thinks when arguing back to the female. I know most people who read this will be female and will probably throw some at me but, this is the truth.

I'm not sorry at all for throwing the harsh truth at you. I wish for all of you to read this story with an open mind.

Though I know I'm only going to receive , I'd like some feedback.

If you're still reading this note, I thank you for wasting your time with me. If you wouldn't mind doing so, please leave a comment. I'd like to know what you think.

This story goes out to all those males who have been falsely accused of things that led to their break up.

-K.o