iii/iii

city lights

Their time together races past, and before long, SeHun only has about four, five more days to spend in China with LuHan.

Much to his dismay, SeHun starts falling for LuHan. Hard.

He calls up Jongin one night when LuHan is out of the room, and Jongin merely laughs his off.

“Good Lord, Oh SeHun, not even two weeks and you’ve already fallen for your tour guide? Ha! I bet that you’d want him to show you a tour of where all of his sweet spots are…”

SeHun screams at Jongin through the phone, face flaming and bright red.

 

LuHan comes back in moments later and laughs at SeHun’s face.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

--




 

SeHun decides to confess to LuHan when he has two days left, when they're on a boat trip along the coast of Beijing.

LuHan’s white hair is flying from the wind, and SeHun decides that this is a good time.

“Hyung, I have something to tell you?”

LuHan chuckles.

“Is that a question?”

SeHun blushes and excuses himself with a ‘nevermind’. He thinks that confessing shouldn't be this hard to do, because and erratic beating heart and a clouded mind just make it harder to do.

SeHun tries again after dinner, but screws up his word choice again.

By the time dinner finishes, SeHun promises to buy the next dinner, rather than a promise to spend the rest of his life with LuHan.

Frustrated, he hides his face in his pillows, and whines loudly.

LuHan marches out of the bathroom and scolds SeHun for being loud.

LuHan has a toothbrush in hand and his hair is sticking up everywhere from his shower, a loose t-shirt hugging his frame.

SeHun doesn't think LuHan can get any prettier than this.

Except maybe that time when LuHan and he dressed up when they ate at an expensive restaurant.

So he blurts it out.

“LuHan hyung, you are really beautiful and I've liked you for a while now please go out with me.”

LuHan is so stunned he drops his toothbrush.

“Um. Ignore that.” SeHun follows up with and walks out of their hotel room.

LuHan just stares and watches him walk out.


 

When the younger finally returns, he finds LuHan on the bed waiting for him.

“Why didn't you pick up my calls?”

SeHun checks his phone dumbly.

“Oh.” is his only remark when he sees that LuHan had called him a good five times.

An awkward pause is between the two.

LuHan clears his throat.

“SeHun, was that just a joke, or were you serious about what you said? You know what I’ve gone through, and if this is what you see as some sick joke, why would you do this? I’ve trusted love and you throw me this random crap out of nowhere, just what are you trying to play at here? I told you my story because I actually trust you, and you’re trying to toy with me like this?”

LuHan’s voice accelerates as he speaks, a calm voice turning into a frustrated yell.

“LuHan, after what you’ve gone through, why the hell would this be some damned joke?” SeHun asks, fiercely, not raising his voice above a whisper.

LuHan quiets.

SeHun goes for the door.

“I’m sorry, hyung. I’ll ask them if I can book another room for the night.”

LuHan immediately runs up and tells him to stay.

 

SeHun does.



 

--



 

The next day, SeHun is preparing to leave home for Seoul. He spends his last day packing up his things, and LuHan as well. The two of them sleep in in the mornings, eat a brunch in the hotel, and have a lazy dinner in the park a few blocks away.

The two of them chew their sandwiches in silence as the sun slowly falls down.

SeHun clears his throat numerous times, and LuHan fiddles with the edge of the blanket.

Desperate for a conversation, yet not confident enough to start one.

They can hear people walking around them, a high school couple that makes a smart remark.

“Ah, that’s cute. They’re dating, right? Sweet couple.”

SeHun glances up at LuHan and wonders if his red ears are from embarrassment or from the skies.

Slowly, people begin to crowd into the park, and SeHun knits his eyebrows. Without thinking, he speaks.

“Is something going on?”

“I’m not really sure. Maybe a screening in the park?”

LuHan is correct, it’s not before long when people start pushing in a projector screen as the number of people multiply.

When the sun finally bids goodbye and the moon rises, the projector whirrs to life.

 

The sappy Chinese comedy is almost as terrible as SeHun and LuHan’s relationship.


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--




 

The next day, LuHan has the decency to drive SeHun the the airport, SeHun thinks.

He doesn’t show it, but he’s thankful.

LuHan enters the airport with him, and SeHun feels nostalgia, even though it’s only been two weeks.

LuHan is wearing the same thing he was wearing when he picked SeHun up, a loose black t-shirt, tight, ripped black jeans and high gray converse. A band on his left hand, second finger.

His white hair ripples from the soft Beijing winds.

More beautiful than Vivi.

They go through the basic parts and SeHun leaves, and LuHan utters a goodbye, SeHun as well before the younger male turns his back to the older.

LuHan watches as the younger hands over his ticket and passport to check before he disappears into the sea of people forever.

 

 

Or maybe not?





 

 

 

 

 

 

--




 

SeHun tapps on the edge of his seat, headphones in and face mask on, bitter.

He was never going to get to see LuHan again.

At least he had the balls to confess, he thinks.

He starts to fade away and give into the tears when he feels a tap on his shoulder.

LuHan?’ he wants to scream, but it is just the man next to him.

“Boy, your phone has been going off for a good five minutes now.”

Embarrassed, he flips the phone over to look at the screen and sees five missed calls from LuHan.

Déjà vu,’ he muses as he calls the older back.

“Oh SeHun, you get to the edge of the gates right now. And don’t give me any ‘I’ll be late for my flight’ bull because I checked when your flight was, so you better come over here right now.”

LuHan hangs up before SeHun has the chance to utter a word.

The man next to him chuckles.

“Romantic, pretty boy.”

SeHun frowns.

“Go, boy. I’ll watch your stuff.”

 

 


 

--




 

By the time SeHun reaches the edge, he’s breathing hard, but it’s worth it because he’s now able to see LuHan one last time.

“How,” he breathes, “did you sneak”, he huffs, “into here?”

LuHan motions to the sign behind him.

“The airport installed a “cell phone” rest area where we can check on passengers before they leave if we can call them over to this area before they leave.”

SeHun stares.

“Okay, and I had to see you before you left, and say something more meaningful than ‘bye,’ as well as...answer you.”

Both of their faces turn red at LuHan’s last words.

“Oh SeHun, I’ve had my rocky trip with love, and I didn’t really enjoy it, but you hot headed Korean boy swings into my life and shakes it up. I wasn’t expecting anything much from you, but I maybe sort of like you,” the older stammers.

SeHun’s face lights up brilliantly.

“And I know that this is bad timing and I should have maybe answered you earlier, but I’m still not sure I’m ready for this, and my entire body is screaming at me no, but my heart is screaming yes, and that probably sounded corny as but this is important to me.

Oh SeHun, please understand. This doesn’t mean I’m all yours like some kind of doll for you to play with, but I’m just asking for you to please take it slow and maybe I’ll give you a chance?”

LuHan ends his words in a questioning tone, and SeHun moves closer to the older, placing his hands around the older’s waist, noses touching.

“Maybe?” the younger asks, teasingly.

The older’s face flames up, and SeHun can feel the heat radiate off LuHan’s as he mumbles out a, “N-not maybe. Please...um.”

SeHun smiles. “Yes?”

“Please go out with me?” The older finally makes out, avoiding eye contact.

SeHun pulls him in for a kiss, but first kisses LuHan’s nose in a question like way, and then goes for the lips when LuHan tilts his head up in approval.

The two mold together, and LuHan is ecstatic and feels like something has finally ended right as he melts into SeHun’s arms, when the speaker turn on.

“People departing for Seoul, Flight D-12, please begin boarding now.”

LuHan breaks apart.

“That’s you. You should go.”

SeHun replies with a faint, “Yeah.”

LuHan gives SeHun a small smile.

“Let’s see if this long-distance relationship will end up successful.”

SeHun smiles, and runs off, back to his gate after telling the older,

“Wait for me, hyung.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



 

--




 

But LuHan does not know that SeHun means it literally, as in, “Hyung, wait five minutes for me so I can go cancel my flight and return with all my luggage!”, but SeHun does, and LuHan thinks he’s dreaming when SeHun walks back with all of his things. LuHan believes that he’s delirious when SeHun wraps his arms around him and pulls him close. LuHan finally tells himself that this is not a dream when he can feel SeHun’s lips on his own, and decides to wrap his arms around the younger’s shoulders and kiss back.

They break the kiss, and LuHan sighs into their hug, as if they haven’t seen each other in months, when it’s only really been five minutes. Maybe ten. LuHan doesn’t care anymore.

When they pull apart to the yelling of, “ew” from the lady a few feet away, LuHan asks why.

“Maybe our long-distance relationship will end up successful, but I want our short-distance relationship to first work out before we try anything else.”

Wufan is furious, but he relaxes when SeHun spews apologizes and tells him that this break is what he needed. SeHun also throws in numerous compliments, and that seems to soothe the older’s anger.

LuHan is furious by SeHun’s decision, but after about two days, he admits that he is really happy that SeHun is here, and is slightly surprised by the commitment SeHun holds in their new relationship.

Although SeHun only has another week to stay in Beijing, and LuHan’s time as SeHun’s tour has ended, LuHan takes a week long break from work to spend with the younger, who has “moved into” LuHan’s apartment.

LuHan’s neighbor, Jongdae, a fellow Korean laughs because, “Shy, shy, LuHan is in a relationship with a man he’s just met? Is this some sort of joke?”

Jongdae comes over the next morning with an, “Okay, this is not a joke I believe you”, and a, “Please keep your to a minimum next time, I would really like to be able to sleep at night.”

LuHan blushes.

SeHun frowns.

The week flies by faster than the both of them want, and this time when they arrive at the airport, SeHun is leaving for real.

 

 

The both of them hold on to each other until the very end at the back of the cell phone area.

 

 

SeHun looks into LuHan’s eyes one last time before he leaves, and he sees the city lights and cultures of Beijing light up once again in LuHan’s eyes.









 

 

 

End.

---

 

 

 

 

 

wow wow wow that was really super crap so have fun, i hope you liked that horrible piece of trash.

also no offence to yixing, I actually really really love my sweet lamb, I love him very very much.

and please comment. i dont know. :-)