Final

Thank You for the Music
Please log in to read the full chapter
Jaehyun Imagine #2: Thank You for the Music

As the Swedish pop group ABBA's song 'Thank You for the Music' goes, "Who can live without it? I ask in all honesty, what would life be?" Someone agrees with them. Without music, he cannot visualize his life today. Will he be in college studying a science course? Will he be out there in a café or restaurant working part-time? Will he be able to meet his mates, the same people who sing and dance with him, the same people who had become his brothers, the same people he promised to stay with through thick and thin? He doesn't know, and he doesn't want to know. 

For Jung Yoonoh, more popularly known as the infinitely open and growing worldwide group NCT's Jaehyun, music is something he cannot live without. It has played a vital part in his life since he was in his diapers up to now that he's standing on stage, performing for thousands of people, as part of Neo Culture Technology.  

Ever since Jaehyun came out of his mother's womb, he was already exposed to music. His mother is his favorite singer. His mother's voice is his favorite lullaby. And without it, there would be no peace inside the Jung residence at midnight. Jaehyun, when he was an infant, was the type to not sleep without hearing his mother's soothing voice. In fact, today, there are still times when Jaehyun longs for his mom's voice. Other than milk and his parents' touches, his mother's voice is an important tool in making little Jaehyun calm and quiet. Music also made him move some parts of his body. And that is just one of the charms of little Jaehyun.  

On his first birthday, Jaehyun's parents prepared eight different items for the Doljabi, or an event that foretells a child's future. The eight items prepared were a microphone, soccer ball, stethoscope, mini piggy bank, ruler, thread, small cooking pot, and police baton. Unsurprisingly, he grabbed the mic, symbolizing that he might be a performing artist in the future. Little Jaehyun was confused at first though. It looked like he was choosing from the ruler, the small cooking pot, and the microphone. His dad was hoping that he'd choose the ruler, because being an architect looked like a very promising profession for his son. His mother just looked at his son lovingly, and promised a very bright future for him. From then on, the two loving parents did their very best to  support their only son, Jaehyun, on his interests. 

During pre-school, he loved the different nursery rhymes he sang with his little play mates. Aside from getting to know other kids, little Jaehyun was always excited about attending pre-school because of all the candies he gets and all the songs he learns. Plus, those nursery rhymes often came with cute actions. And to tell you the truth, Jaehyun has always managed to get the attention of the young girls and even the older girls with his adorable performances. 

Christmas is his favorite holiday. Even though his speaking skills weren't that great yet, he'd always get the right tune of every Christmas carol that he performed in front of his relatives. Little Jaehyun, being the youngest in the family that time, was their shining star. The light that kept their families together. The light that kept them smiling through ups and downs. 

He was at elementary when the Jungs decided to go to America. They stayed at the suburbs of Connecticut. He learned their language well. And being surrounded by calming trees and animals, he learned to love the nature. Jaehyun had a hard time coping up with his peers. His only way of being free and expressing himself was through music. Music did wonders to the struggling boy. He was able to gain friends who shared the same passion with him. They learned instruments, they tried composing, and they performed their hearts out like nothing in this world could stop them until Jaehyun or Jay had to go back to South Korea. Four years ago, Jaehyun was the reserved and self-conscious boy who came to a land unknown to him. He could barely speak their language. He was a boy that didn't know how to approach his peers. Four years later, he came back to South Korea with a proud grin and a blaring confidence, ready to unfold another chapter of his life. 

He was in 8th grade when he entered SM Entertainment. It was a new world for him. He had to keep up with his studies as well as his exhausting trainings. He didn't mind them, it was all for his dreams after all. Here, he met the people he knew he'd grow with. Taeyong is one of his best pals. Despite their differences, they had each others backs and they learned from each others experiences. Month by month, their whole team grew bigger. But from time to time there were those who cannot keep up with the stressful life of being a trainee. 

Aside from excelling in performing arts, he also showed interest in sports. He loves the water. He swims occasionally to calm his mind and  wipe off all the stress in his body. He also plays basketball with his hyungs and he is also a part of a basketball team in his school. He gained more attention from his schoolmates and also from other people when he was introduced as a part of SM's pre-debut group, SMROOKIES. Many opportunities came to Jaehyun's hands. He promoted with his group through a live show and even performed at SMTOWN concerts in South Korea and abroad. He was also a part of a music show as an emcee together with Doyoung. Jaehyun had a chance to showcase his unending talents. His parents could not be prouder now of his achievements despite his young age. 

At 2016, Jaehyun debuted with his group, NCT. He was ecstatic to finally be able to perform for his fam

Please log in to read the full chapter