eleven

7 Years
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Why did you..."

 

"Hyuna, I'm sorr-" 

 

Hyuna stared down at her coat. The juice they bought earlier now all over her. All the efforts she made now gone. Joonyoung didn't even try to see what efforts she pulled. He didn't even acknowledge her cute outfit. Nor the romantic gestures she tried to showcase. "Just.. what's your problem?!" 
"I tried I really tried! But why.." Hyuna was speechless. She couldn't find the right words for the first time. Ever since they were here, didn't he say anything nice about the day nor to her. He was quiet and never held a conversation longer than 5 minutes with her. 

"Why are you like that? You know how I'm bad at this things. How- how I hate to do this!" Hyuna exclaimed. And after all the hard work she pulled, managed Joonyoung to pour half of his juice on top of her coat. "I'm sorry, okey! I'm really sorry!" Joonyoung retorted and stared at her. "You weren't happy about the date.. were you?" Hyuna asked. All the other couples around her, were in a lovey dovey mood just they weren't. They couldn't. Joonyoung his dry lips before facing her again. "It's my fault, okey? You looked so pretty today and you did amazing with this date. It's just.." 

"It's just what?" Hyuna returned the look to him. "I can't anymore, Hyuna." Joonyoung said softly. However, the girl heard him clearly. "I can't give you more than this.. I-"

"Is it because of the audition?" Hyuna interrupted him. "How do you-" "Mino tells me more about you than you lately." She said bitterly. "Then, let's break up. Go ahead." Hyuna said now completely exhausted from everything. Although, the date barely started. She had enough of this night. Enough of Joonyoung. "Hyuna, this isn't-" "What you meant? What is 'I can't anymore' supposed to mean, then? Just leave me alone, Joonyoung." However, just when the girl was about to go held he her back. He couldn't let her go like that. Not when it wasn't the full truth she knew.

"Let me go." She hissed before pushing him away from her. "Hyuna, that's not it- I-" 

"You want a break up, right? If not, you would have already said otherwise." She pointed out. She was just so mad and.. hurt, that he iniated the break up between them. She couldn't bare to listen to him at the moment. She was too angry to, too hurt to. "Let's break up." 

 

 

"How about we stop by at the stall over there before heading to the ferris wheel?" Sungkyung exclaimed. She looked cute with the redness on her cheek, due to the cold, and her wide eyes. She looked as excited as a little child. She might have looked cute to the other boys around her but that wasn't the case with Joongki. He barely smiled at her. She took him suddenly by the hand and pulled him to the stand with the fried chicken. Joongki stood a bit further away from her and waited for her. He really liked Sungkyung as a friend. But no matter how charming she was, he didn't feel more for her than just as friend.

Joongki sighed. They were walking around mindlessly with Sungkyung talking about the university, their friends and Ah-In sometimes. Sungkyung noticed Joongki's indifferent behaviour. He was less cheery than usual, which meant Sungkyung had to pull all her strings.

"I'm not getting to you, huh." 

"Huh?" Joongki turned around to her, when he didn't feel Sungkyung tugging on his jacket anymore. She stood still as she stared back at him. Sungkyung wasn't the type to give up but with Joongki being like this? What outcome would come out, if she continued this?

"I am pushy aren't I?" Sungkyung asked. 

Joongki turned now fully to her. The girl, who stood in front of him, wasn't the confident Lee Sung Kyung but the shy version of her. Maybe even the rare version of Sungkyung. "Will you ever like me, Joongki?"

Joongki smiled gently at her before ruffling her hair. "The real 'you' is much cuter, you know?" 

"I like you, Sungkyung. I really do." He started. "But not more than just a friend. 

"I somehow knew that already.." She whispered.

"Anyways, do you have someone you like?" She asked. "You do, right?" 

Joongki chuckled upon hearing that. That sounded more like the Sungkyung he knew. "Why are you asking suddenly?" 

"You just rejected me I deserve to know, right?" Sungkyung pointed out. Although, she already had a feeling that, that was just the case. 

Joongki found it amusing how Sungkyung recovered so quickly. He was about to respond too but something or someone stopped him from that. Sungkyung was about to call for his attention, when she noticed what had caught his attention. It ran pass them towards the ferris wheel with a boy running after her. Sungkyung stepped back as she watched Joongki run after them. She smiled bitterly before finally admitting defeat. 

Hyuna run quickly up the stairs to the ferris wheel. However, she was unaware of a guy right behind her. Joonyoung, who run after stopped in his tracks and stared at them. Joongki entered right after Hyuna before the doors closed behind them. The staff member wished them fun before turning to the next customers. Joonyoung was pushed aside and he stepped back. He watched the cabin of Hyuna and Joongki getting higher and higher until he couldn't see into their cabin anymore. 

"I guess you are the boyfriend." 

Joonyoung glanced at the female. Sungkyung was the other party, who was left alone like that. "Who are you?" 

"Someone, whose in the same position as you." Sungkyung replied before looking up at the ferris wheel. "They have something we can never cross."

"I know." Joonyoung breathed before leaving the spot with that. To say that, that wasn't painful would be a lie. He hadn't came across such a heartbreak yet in his years. 

"That I lost to a teenager.." Sungkyung sighed before turning around. 

 

"Joongki?!" Hyuna startled upon seeing the man. Her tears now totally dry due to the cold. She stared at Joongki in disbelief. Where did the guy come from suddenly?! Joongki slid beside her before taking the seat opposite from her. "Man, it's cold." He muttered. 

"What are you doing here?!" Hyuna exclaimed and slapped him. "Ow! What was that for?" He retorted as he glared at her. "Why are you here? How did you find me?" Hyuna asked instead as she looked at him seriously. "You were running pass me, idiot." He said and flicked her forehead lightly before leaning back in his seat. "What did that bastard do to you?" He asked while his gaze was directed at the night view. "He- nothing. And don't say bastard!" Hyuna's breath hitched as soon as she said that. Joongki was facing her again but this time as close as possible. He wiped the last tear away from her cheek before looking at her. "And why are you crying?" 

"I'm not!" She said and quickly wiped the other tear away, that was threatening to fall. Joongki leaned slowly back while looking at her. "You were."

"I wasn't." "You were." "I wasn't." "You were." "I wasn't." "You were." "I wasn't." "You were." "I wasn't." "You were." "I wasn't." "You were." 

Hyuna blew the lost strand of hair away from her face before replying. "I wasn't. Stupid Joongki." 

"You don't wanna talk about it?" Joongki asked finally. "Do I look like I wanna?" She muttered, admitting silently that he was right. Joongki watched her for a little more before sighing.

"Fine, then can we talk about my last exam?" He asked suddenly, which threw Hyuna off-guard. "It was so hard. Good that I studied. But Kwangsoo that idiot- you know what he did?" He was smiling as he remembered what Kwangsoo pulled off for a stunt last time and in the middle of the exam as well. "He sneezed into the face of the lecturer. Ew, it was disgusting. I didn't know you could get detention in our university. But he somehow managed to. Disgusting, right?" 

"And then he-" 

"I don't wanna talk about your stupid friend!" Hyuna suddenly exclaimed. "My boyfriend just left me and you wanna talk about what that airhead did in your class?!" 

"Aha." Joongki deadpanned her. Hyuna, who bit onto her tongue before she could say more sighed inwardly. Gawd, she was so stupid sometimes. "That bastard dares to break up with you?" Hyuna turned her gaze away from him. She stared outside as she remembered Joonyoung. He would leave her sooner or later and he wanted to do it now before they commited into anything. But that he chose to leave her for a entertainment company. She could've supported him. She could've been there for him and yet. And yet... 

"You'll find a better one, Hyuna. There are way better guys out there." 

"I don't wanna hear that." Hyuna muttered while wiping her new tears silently away

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter