final

of course it won't make sense
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

+

 

Eunwoo was drunk, and she was drunk rightfully so. At least, that what she tells herself when she feels the room start to spin, and she trips over nothing (though she blames it on Minkyung, because Minkyung would trip her while she was weak.)

 

Maybe she shouldn't have drank on a Thursday night though. She did have class the next day, and in her drunken state of mind she recalls she did have something she had to do, but couldn't recall what. She groans loudly, placing her head on the table that everyone, (minus 2) had stationed themselves at, UNO cards spread across the table. From somewhere, Minkyung laughs.

 

“Babe…” She hears someone call before they rub her back, and she turns her head slightly so she can see. It’s Shannon, her face showing nothing but concern. She sloppily cuddles up next to the other, and closes her eyes. The room is spinning a lot.

 

“It’s not fair…” Eunwoo whines, shaking her entire body. “Why can't I ever get the girl?” Shannon doesn't respond, only rubs Eunwoo’s head playfully. Shannon was always a good sense of comfort, quiet, but there.

 

“No one ever gets the girl,” she hears another voice, Siyeon, grumble, and the sound of cards landing on the table louder than needed. She hears another girl, Nayoung, gasp, which causes her to glance up. She starts laughing loudly when she sees that Nayoung has to take four more cards. Nayoung glares at her, reaching over and slapping her thigh, hard, before slowly taking more cards. “The movies have been lying to you Eun.”

 

“I’ll get you for this.” Nayoung whispers, causing Siyeon to give a small laugh, running her hands towards her hair.

 

Eunwoo stops laughing and glares at the younger girl, her head wobbling from side to side. “Aren't you and me on the same boat?” Eunwoo hiccups. “I mean, you can't get your girl, and I can't get my girl.” Siyeon narrows her eyes at her, before eyeing her cards even harder.

 

“Leave me alone.”

 

Eunwoo cackles at that, before flopping her head back down and whining. “It’s not fair! Why can't she see me?”

 

“It’s not like she's dating Chaeyeon or anything.” Yebin speaks, but Eunwoo doesn't feel like glancing up again, so she just listens. “I heard Chaeyeon has her sights on someone else right now.”

 

“That would though, if Qiong liked Chaeyeon but she liked someone else.” Minkyung chimes in, all sober and bored. Eunwoo doesn't even know who invited her when she didn't even like to drink that much.

 

Eunwoo doesn't respond, only staring hard at the wooden table in a drunken haze. “Hey, you are so not helping right now?” Nayoung phrases the statement as a question, and Minkyung smacks her lips in response.

 

“I'm surrounded by lovesick babies. I could puke.”

 

“Please don't,” Shannon chimes in. “I really do not feel like cleaning anyone’s throw up off the floor.” Minkyung laughs at that, and Shannon sighs, squeezing Eunwoo closer to her. “Plus, I’m already gonna have to take care of this lovesick baby tonight.”

 

Eunwoo groans. This headache tomorrow is gonna be a .

 

+

 

“Please forgive my stupid self, I got really drunk and couldn't type up anything when I woke at like four in the morning. I’ll buy you anything, anything, so please don't kill me.”

 

Eunwoo has ended up on the floor, with her head to the ground, eyes shut closed, begging for forgiveness. She hears boots tap on the floor in some type of beat, and she doesn't dare open her eyes until she feels a hand pat her back and pull her up. She holds her breathe in (because she couldn't resist) and stares at the girl, who rolls her eyes.

 

“I had a feeling you would do some type of like this.”

 

Jieqiong was never one who would let Eunwoo off the hook, and Eunwoo has to remind herself that if she breaks eye contact with Jieqiong it was a sign of weakness. (Even though she was always weak around the girl.) Jieqiong eyes her with sharp, strong eyes, Eunwoo bites her lip nervously.

 

“I knew you would some something stupid like this,” Jieqiong says, patting her hands on her thighs, and shakes her head. “So I typed your part last night, falling asleep at four in the morning.” Eunwoo opens to respond, to apologize again, but Jieqiong holds a hand up to stop her. “Stop asking me to team up with you on projects because the answer will be no.” Eunwoo pouts.  

 

Jieqiong and Eunwoo would usually team up during projects, mainly because Eunwoo considered them a good pair. Eunwoo would get the physical part of the project done, and Jieqiong would do all the research and find answers for it. For this project though, it was a group paper, and Eunwoo wasn't good at expressing herself with words, or even getting a point across in words. She didn't mean to leave the project up to Jieqiong though.

 

Jieqiong slaps her shoulder, hard, so hard that it stings, and Eunwoo hisses. “Can you stop biting your lip so hard? You're gonna bleed again.” Eunwoo sets her bottom lip free form her teeth, and Jieqiong sighs.

 

“I’m really sorry though.” Eunwoo speaks out again, because Jieqiong didn't let her know if she was off the hook or not. But the other girl hadn't smiled at her yet, so the safest answer to assume was no, she want not off the hook. She rubs her hand against her shoulder that Jieqiong hit, the place still stinging.

 

“How much money do you have?” Jieqiong questions after a moment of silence, and Eunwoo spaces out before she thinks for a moment.

 

“Wha- why?”

 

“I'm hungry.” Jieqiong states, before turning on one heel and walking away. Eunwoo stares at her retreating back for a moment, before she slowly starts to walk after her.

 

+

 

They end up in some place with a name that Eunwoo can't pronounce, and she’s currently watching Jieqiong chow down on some pasta.

 

“Vernon told me about this place!” She says excitedly in between bites, and Eunwoo only nods slowly in response, before reaching for her glass of water and drinking. The food here was ing expensive, which caused Eunwoo to only order for Jieqiong, and hopes that a glass of water can fill her up for a while. Jieqiong finishes everything off her plate, and leaning back into her chair, sighing deeply.

 

“Damn.”

 

They say it at the same time, Eunwoo in shock and Jieqiong stuffed. “Thanks sugar, that helped a lot!” Jieqiong picks up a napkin and cleans with it, before balling it up and throwing it onto the plate. “I have late night classes tonight and I won't be out until two.”

 

“Two?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter