Prologue

Different Girl

"ChanYeol?" You called. 

You looked around in the living room. It was dim, lighten by some yellowish lights. Mostly of the room was painted in creamy peach. The couch is brownish, designed by an Italian interior designer. There's an old antique radio placed on the white shelves, emitting some screeching annoying sounds. The rough rug under your feet felt so soft between your tiny toes although it was just made from regular wool. On top of the coffee table in front of you was scattered with some woman magazines and some pre-schooler drawing and coloring book. Obviously those drawing and coloring books were ChanYeol's. 

But you didn't see any of ChanYeol's sign. 

You played with the hem of the satin that was used to pack the ricecake your eomma asked you to give to the Park's family. You shifted on your seat as you felt heat started to creep onto your body for sitting on the cosy couch for such a long time. You sighed.

ChanYeol promised.

Yesterday you guys promised to play together at his house exactly at 8 o' clock. Well, you don't mind about what you're going to play cause anything would do and you enjoyed spending time with him. He was caring, he would take good care of you everytime you're with him. He would make jokes that would brighten up your day. Although it was just some lame jokes kid make, but that didn't stop you to make you take him as your real 'Oppa' albeit you guys were peer. 

Yes. ChanYeol was special.

You were busy reminiscene your playtime with him yesterday which he tripped over a dog which chasing a ball that suddenly ran in front of him, making his left knee bled terribly after it landed on a stone. He was probably hissing in pain. A velvety voice disturbed your thoughts by calling your name, you turned your head behind to find a familiar woman watching you on the staircase.

"Annyeonghaseyo." You stood up from your seat and bowed to her to show respects to your elderly. She smiled, she was happy that her son had such great friend. It was ChanYeol's eomma. Just like his son, she took good care of you whenever your appa went outstation. 

"I'm sorry to have you waiting for ChanYeol. He was sleeping after I put some ointment on his knee. You can come upstairs to look at him." You nodded while handing her the ricecake you were holding. "Eomma asked me to give it to you." 

She walked down as she hugged you, taking the gift you brought. "Thank you. Now go upstairs, okay?" She broke her embrace and made her way to the kitchen located just beside the dining room. You nodded before she left and paced upstairs to ChanYeol's room. 

You knocked on the wooden door, waiting patiently for answers. 

"Yes!" Typically ChanYeol would always answer that. You twisted the doorknob and pushed it to catch him playing with his toy car on his blue bed. With a plate of banana next to him.

That banana kid. 

"Oh!" He exclaimed as he saw you coming in. "Come in come in." He chanted.

You walked to him and sat at the edge of his bed to check his injured knee. "How was your day?" You pulled up his shorts to examine his knee. 

It seemed better than yesterday of course. It was plastered and you could see some yellowish tint beside the plaster. It was the ointment. 

"Nothing. Just lying on bed as I couldn't walk much. I wanna play but eomma was stubborn." 

You frowned. 

"Your eomma is not stubborn. I think you're the one who is stubborn." You said. He averted his attention to you and his eyebrows knitted together. "Why?" 

"Cause your eomma said that to make sure you won't get any worse." You explained to have him scoffed. "Okay then." He answered unsatisfyingly. 

You observed the room. It was like your second bedroom already. You frequently step into his bedroom. Having sleepover and play some naughty game that would always get onto his eomma's nerve. But well, his eomma loved the two of you. 

"What are you looking at?" He inquired unexpectedly. "It's not your first time seeing my room, isn't it?" 

You stared at him and his expressions' changed. You exhaled.

"You do know that I will always care about you, don't you?" 

"Yes. And I'll always care about you too."

*****

"BaekHyun-ah!" 

He tilted his head towards the source of the voice, well he wasn't the only one that turned his head to the direction. Everyone along the corridor did. 

Who didn't know that guy? Hello~~ It's the school's clown coming.

Good morning Park ChanYeol.

"Good morning BaekHyun!!" He waved up in the air to BaekHyun, yelling loud as if the school belonged to his appa. BaekHyun shook his head.

BaekHyun had enough of his nonsense. 

He glared to the person next to his locker. "Wait. Do you know that guy?" The person cocked his eyebrow. He started hesitately "Ermmm.. No?" 

BaekHyun scoffed "Don't even ask me. Please. I don't know him." 

"BAEKHYUN!!" 

Please, Park ChanYeol. Stop embarassing me. BaekHyun pressed his lips together, trying hard not to just scream to the tall guy. He gripped onto his sleeve. 

"Your name tag says 'Byun BaekHyun'. Isn't he's calling you?" The guy asked. "! I said I don't know him!" BaekHyun crashed his locker and walked away. 

"BaekHyun!!" ChanYeol swung his lanky hand around BaekHyun's shoulder, flashing a oh-so-good-morning smile to the shorter one. BaekHyun sighed.

He knew he couldn't escape that ChanYeol guy.

"What do you want?" 

"Nothing! Just I'm so spirited for the Pop-Quiz Mrs. Han is going to do today!!!" 

Who the hell would like Pop-Quiz? You weirdo. 

BaekHyun rolled his eyes. At least he could prepare for the Pop-Quiz.

*****

"Baby, I hope you can accept this." 

You sighed. Why is life being like this? Cruel. 

"No, Appa. It's just. Why would I move to Seoul? Cause I think I'm happy here. In Jeju." 

"Happy? You don't even have friends!" He muttered.

Well. That held your tongue up. 

But you were not going to give up that easily. 

"But Appa. I don't need friends in my life. I'm happy by myself. By the way, it's hard if I move to Seoul. I need to get use to the environment and that is not an effortless task, okayyy??" You protested. 

"Please. Look... "

"Look what?" You shrieked. 

"You'd been there." He admitted.

You'd been there?

"No Appa. I'd never been in Seoul ever in my life." You denied. 

"I swear. I swear. Once you've got there, you won't ever feel strange. That place is for you." He placed his palm on top of yours. 

He knew that this could reassure you. 

"Okay then. You know the best for me." You gave up. His lips curved upwards which soothed you down looking at it. 

"Thanks, sweetheart." 

He's the only one there now to take care of you. 

Your eomma had- You never knew about what happened to your eomma. The first thing you knew since you woke up on the hospital's bed was a man holding your petite hand tight. That time you knew he is your appa. 

But- You had never thought of asking about your eomma. You lost your memory. You didn't remember anyone that had ever been in your life. 

 Including ChanYeol.