Home

A loving home for every child
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 


 

Attachment   .

An emotion he could never feel for his parents , rather his preschool teacher . He used to spend most of his time with her and not his actual parents . How saddening . Is that why they say  reality is harsh  ?

 


 

One of many .

He knew he was one of  many children out there , neglected by their family and seeking comfort in a stranger’s home .


 

Home  .

They teach children that home is a place where you feel safe , loved and precious . But he didn’t feel any of those . Were they lying ? Or was he the problem ?

 

 

 

 

Care .

He yearned to be cared for . They should have showed him more of that , if not then why did they even give birth to him  ?? His little brain couldn't come up with an answer .

 

 

Attention  .

He wanted his parents' concern , love and care . He wanted their attention .. Or anyone's . 

 

 

Loneliness  .

Is something he learned to live with .  Even amidst his toys , he felt the usual pang of  solitude . They bought him toys , lots of them . But never joined him , never played with him , never spared some of their time for him .

Sometimes they would promise to , but then they wouldn't .

 

Disappointment  .

A surge of disappointment floods his tiny being every time they break their promises . But he still looked forward to it . Because when they do so , they kiss his forehead apologetically . The very gentle and brief display of affection helps sate his thirst for a very short time until he starts yearning for them even more .

 

 

Shyness .

His personality didn't help him make friends fast  .

He finds himself wondering if such was the case because he never had a chance to pick up anyone's habits , he couldn't shape up his own . He didn't wake up to his father and mother 's love .

He never witnessed them interacting much because he never had enough time to be with them .

 

 

Darkened  .

His childhood felt like a darkened , deserted and cold place .

Until one day , his parents decided to leave him with one of their friends’ son .


 

Unexpected .

The way this guy talked to him was .. Unexpected . He wasn't talking in a fake  childish tone so as to appeal to him yet he wasn't talking in a formal way reserved for elders or strangers either  .  It was simply endearing .

 

Ache .

That alone made little Byunghun’s heart  ache very softly yearning for what he had long wished for .. Care , attention and maybe even love .  The way Chanhee talked to him , for starters , made him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter