Chance

Sleepless Night

MOON POV

“I feel like want to eat chocolate” I told my mom while rubbing my throat, seriously I feel like I really need a chocolate right now.

“I will tell appa” My mom was about to stand up but then my dad come in

“Oh appa! Is that chocolate?” I look at his hand

“I was about to ask you to buy them” My mom stand up

“Jagiya let’s go out for a while, this is for you” My dad handed me my favorite chocolate and banana milk but wait, a letter?

“Appa what is this?” My dad just look at me and ask me to read, he then bring my mom out from the room

“What is this?” I take a bite of the chocolate and take a sip of the milk, then I open the letter.

My dear Moon,

How are you? I hope you’re fine, I saw you last month and you look happy. I’m glad you are finally happy with your life but please take care of yourself. How many time should I remind you to not coming home late? Look, this is what happen when you didn’t take older people advice. You should find a strong man like me to take care of you or you already found one? If yes that guy must be because look at you now.

I really want to visit you but I know you don’t want to see me right? So I hope this letter will be the proof that I still care for you, at least as a friend. Make sure you take your medicine and do some simple exercise so that you won’t gain any fat belly. You can keep on hating me but If you need any help, you can always call me and I will always be there for you,

Sincerely,

Yeonggam-nim

“This old man never fail me” I chuckled and fold the paper, I feel so bad every time I remember that break up moment. I’m such a fool, I should think that more and now I already lost someone who really care about me.

Actually whenever we fought, we actually become closer but because I’m so stupid and can’t even handle that I lost a great diamond in this world. A shining diamond that shine brightly in my heart, even he sometime thorny and always make me hurt but deep inside he have a lot of love and care toward me.

After that day, I keep received this motivation letter. Today is my last day in hospital so I told my parents if he come don’t tell him that I’m coming out today. I get out from the room and wait for him to come, I hide myself at the corridor corner.

After a few minute I can see him walking toward my door, he try to search for my parent. While he busy peeking at the door I stand at his back.

“Stalker” I said and he stop peeking, he then slowly turn around

“So is this your part time work now?” I cross my arm while looking at him, he clearing his throat before he start talking

“What are you doing here? You should be rest inside” I can see that he nervous, just like how we first met in the past.

“It’s my last day today in here, I’m going home today” I take a sit at the bench

“Really? Erm *cough* that’s a good news” He look so awkward standing there

“Oppa, why did you do this?” I look at him and he just standing there while rubbing the back of his neck

“Do what?” He smile awkwardly

“Stop caring about me, Stop making me regret breaking up with you” I look down to avoid eye contact with him

“I’m—I’m sorry, I just miss you” He then walk and sit right in front of me

“We are no longer together, don’t you know that? Don’t you hate me for what I did? I clearly dumping you, I’m the one who give up in this relationship” He then sit beside me and take my hand

“No, you did the right thing. I just can’t help from not seeing you. Maybe that is my bad habit? I didn’t hate you, not even once. So stop blaming yourself, it’s no one fault. Maybe we are not meant to be together?” He my hand slowly

“Then you should leave me, go and find someone else. Fix your bad habit” I pull my hand from him

“Don’t you want to give it another try?” I turn my head to him and look into his eyes

“No, you said maybe we are not meant to be together” I look away

“I said maybe, that’s why we need to give it another try” I really don’t know what to say, I suddenly become speechless.

“It’s okay, we can continue this later. I will give you more time to think, so if you ready to give an answer just call me ok but I will consider you reject me if you didn’t call me within 2 week and I will not bother you anymore” He then stand up, patting my head and slowly walk away left me at the bench alone.

***

1 week already past and I still didn’t contact Jinki, I try to not think about it because I need to focus on my college since I already missed many thing and I need to catch up.

“Munyoung-ssi can you send this to the musical department, we need to finish this today” one of my sunbae give me a file. I just nod and get myself out to the musical department, I keep praying that I will not going to meet Jinki there.

Finally I arrived at the musical department, I knock the door and hear someone say come in. I twist the door knob and Jinki is sitting in the room alone. “” I said that to myself while walking toward him

“This is some task sheet from fashion department, make sure to give this to the musical head of department” I put the file on the table and turn around to get out.

“I’m still waiting” He shout and I continue walk without looking at him

As soon as I leave the room I lean my back at wall and my hearbeat beating fast, why am I like this?

JINKI POV

I chuckled when I saw her totally ignore me and left, I take the file and look at the contain. It’s seem like fashion department and music department going to collaborate. I put back the file and get out from the room.

“Hyung, did you know they vote you for manage this upcoming event” Taemin suddenly pop out from nowhere

“Yah you surprised me, I almost got a heart attack” I rub my chest

“Did you hear what am saying?”

“What event?” I look at him and doesn’t show any amusement because I already know it’s going to be fashion show

“Fashion show! They say Moon noona is one of the designer” I laugh and already expecting this, it’s going to be fun event.

“Why are you laughing?” Taemin furrowed while looking at me

“Nothing, so did you meet our head department yet? I’ve been searching for him since this morning”

“I just me him just now, he is the one said that you’re going to lead the event for the music side”

“Where did you met him?”

“At cafeteria”

“Arasso, gomawo Taeminie” I ruffle his hair and go to the cafeteria

After meeting with the head department, he assign me a few work and I will start prepare the event for only 1 week. I will need to go the fashion department for a meeting, so the next morning I go to the fashion department.

I arrive quiet late because everyone from other department already in the meeting room, I take a sit and unintentionally make an eye contact with Moon who sit a few away from me. She doesn’t look pleased when she see me come in.

I didn’t put any hope on her, I know she will not contact me and I’m ready to move on. The meeting is taking more time than I expected, after the meeting end I rush to my department to report it to my head department.

Then I start to choose a few student to help me on this event, I will do some composing with Jonghyun since he is really good at it while other will help me on the event day.

One week already past and today also is the last day for Moon to give her answer, I’m really nervous and I couldn’t stand still. I keep checking the music and then I see Moon, she look busy with the model.

Why is she so pretty? I can’t stop staring at her not until Minho surprised me from my back, I almost jump and fall.

“Aish, where’s Taemin? Everything working properly?” I ask him, he still can’t stop laughing at me

“Stop it Minho” I fold my arm while looking at him

“Taemin will stay at the music room, don’t worry hyung everything going to be alright. I met Kibum just now and he look more nervous than you”

“Really? I forgot to meet him. Let’s go” We both walk to the backstage where all designer and model busy preparing their self, I stop walking when I see Kibum talking with Moon at the corner of the room.

“Hyung, should we visit him later?” Minho know and decide to take me back to the music room

"Yeah i think we should" We both get out from the room and go back to check some audio

The guest seat already full and the event will start soon, I'm about to get out from the room but then Kibum stop me. He smirking and punch my arm

"What is this for?" I rub my arm while looking at him

"Nothing, well don't you want to wish me good luck or anything hyung?" He look at me then start to fixing my shirt 

"Good luck Kibum, now move please. I need to check on the speaker" I push him away and walk toward speaker. I know that he know something because judging from his smirk I know he might hide something from. He's quite close to Moon because they both are in the same department, i shake my head and try to focus on my work. While busy checking the speaker suddenly I hear a familiar voice calling my name and I automatically smile before turing my head to voice.