Date

CODE 27: 309 x 801
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Long time no see, I hope you like this random fluff I came up with! 

***

Tiffany sighed as she continued listening to the other girl in the room rambling.

“I managed to ask her out for a birthday celebration next Saturday but I don’t know what to do. Help me, Fany.”

“How do you want me to help exactly? I can’t go on the date for you, can I?”

“I don’t know… Practice with me?”

“Practice?”

“Go on a date with me.”

“With you?!”

Taeyeon nodded. “Like a dry run? You’re the expert in relationship so you can tell me what I have to improve on after the date.”

Tiffany contemplated.

“If I can move you, that means I will be able to move her, right?”

Tiffany shrugged. But it’s really not that hard to move me if you’re the one doing it, Taeyeon-ah.

“So please? Go on a date with me?”

“Fine, okay.”

“Yes!” Taeyeon exclaimed. “Are you free this weekend?”

“Should be.”

“Great! I’ll text you the details.”

“Sure.”

“Thank you, Fany-ah.”

Tiffany only smiled. At least I can experience a fake date with you.

===

Saturday came quickly.

Tiffany walked out of her apartment quickly to where Taeyeon was.

“Sorry for being late.”

“No worries.” Taeyeon stepped aside and opened the door to the passenger’s seat. “Hop on.”

Tiffany blushed slightly unconsciously at this new, attentive side of Taeyeon that she has never seen. So this is how you’re like when you’re on a date. 

“Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.”

Taeyeon went to the driver’s seat and started the engine.

“Where are we going?”

“Dinner. I took the liberty and picked the restaurant though. Hope Italian’s okay with you?”

“Of course.”

“Great.” Taeyeon smiled.

It turned silent after and Tiffany spoke up after a few minutes.

“You have to keep talking, Taeyeon.”

“But I don’t know what to talk to her about!” Taeyeon sighed. “I’m so bad at this dating thing.”

“Anything. Not work, of course. Ask her things you’re curious about but don’t get too personal. Or just talk about how your day went or what you did before going on this date with her. Just anything.”

“Okay. Point noted. So what did you do today?”

“I slept late yesterday so I didn’t wake up till noon. Did a bit of chores and work until you came. I’m really boring huh?”

“No, not at all!” Taeyeon quickly replied. “I’m pretty much the same. I’m a really boring person too.”

“Really?”

“Really.”

“Then what did you do today?”

“I didn’t wake up till noon either.”

“You slept late too?”

“I couldn’t sleep.”

“Why is that?”

“Because…” Taeyeon’s cheeks turned pink. “I was nervous about today.” 

Tiffany blushed along and suppressed a smile. “Oh.”

“Please don’t think I’m creepy?”

“I won’t.” Tiffany chuckled. “You’re doing good.”

“Really? Thank God. I’m so nervous and my heart can’t stop pounding.”

Tiffany raised her brows. “Even if it’s just me?”

“I uh…” Taeyeon cleared . “I think the role playing got to me too much.”

“Oh.” Tiffany masked the slight but expected disappointment in her voice.

“Here we are,” Taeyeon said as she turned into a car park. “I hope you don’t mind walking a bit because the restaurant is further in and there are no parking lots there.”

“I don’t mind.”

Taeyeon parked her car swiftly, unbuckled her seatbelt, got out of the car before opening the door for Tiffany.

“Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.” 

“You do know what to do on dates. Plus points for this.”

“Am I doing well then?”

“So far so good.”

“Phew.” Taeyeon smiled. “Let’s go then.”

===

They were walking to the restaurant while making casual conversation along the way. The both of them had to pretend that they didn’t know anything about each other, despite having been already friends and colleagues for almost two years.

“Look, a dog!”

Taeyeon chuckled as she looked at Tiffany running towards the golden retriever that was sitting near them. She followed her the latter.

“Hi, what’s your name?”

Tiffany was about to pet the dog when it stood up all of a sudden and opened its mouth, ready to attack. Taeyeon’s eyes widened in shock but quickly regained her composure. She started to run and the golden retriever ran after her, slowly getting away from Tiffany.

Taeyeon turned behind and saw the dog hot on her trail. She muttered a curse. Why did I even do this?

Her legs gave way as she fell on a nearby bench, too breathless to continue running. She turned again but did not see the golden retriever anymore. She heaved a sigh of relief and slumped back onto the bench, panting.

“So much for saying you’re doing well.”

She heard the familiar voice and opened her eyes, still panting a bit.

“You’re supposed to protect her, Taeyeon. Not run away like this. I’m minusing points.”

“I just thought that if I ran, the dog will stop attacking you.”

“What?”

“I ran so that the dog would stop attacking you.”

“You… You ran to protect me?”

Taeyeon nodded. “There will still be a chance of you get

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter