Final

Hurt

*PG-16
*RATED FOR LANGUAGE AND BLOOD

~Final~

       “Oh Sehun, please? You love boba tea! I heard that the shop is really popular!” Eunhye pleaded her boyfriend. She shot a pout towards his three friends, urging for them to make him agree with her.

       “Yeah, Sehun. You’ve been too stiff lately. I think you should rest,” Kai said, Sehun’s sworn brother.

       There were twelve leaders, all sworn brothers, of the EXO gang. Sehun, Kai, Luhan, and Tao were together with Eunhye. Eunhye, Kai, Luhan, and Tao had been trying to get Sehun to calm down. He had been on edge lately. His sixth sense had been bothering him for days. And because the four of them were leaders of a gang, they couldn’t be carelessly seen at a boba tea shop, even though they had done so before. Sehun had woken up every single day with a bad feeling. He felt like something was going to happen. He didn’t know what, but he just knew it.

       Sehun had first met Eunhye whenever she spilled coffee onto him when he was walking into a café where she worked. He had thrown a tantrum, and Eunhye had immediately apologized. She offered to clean his shirt for him. She right then and there, he had taken off his shirt, showing his smooth abs that were turning red from the hot coffee.

       Everyone in the coffee shop was shocked at the boy’s bold actions. Sehun had expected the girl to get shy and stare at his body and drool. He hated dirty clothes, and what he hated most were girls that ogled at his body. But, with the hot coffee was burning his body he knew that he had to take the shirt off immediately.

       But, Sehun was stunned when the girl grabbed onto his wrist and forced him to follow her into the employee’s work room. She made him sit down before she ran a clean rag under cold water and wrenched it out. She frowned as she walked over to Sehun and set the rag on his stomach. Sehun looked at her in confusion. She only continued to ramble about how dangerous that was and that his stomach was red from the hot coffee. She began to wash his shirt with her hands, but then suddenly, Sehun stood up, walked over to her, and held her hands as he examined them.

       “Are you okay?”

       He had asked her a simple question and yet she felt her insides melt. No one had ever cared about her well-being. Not her parents. Not her co-workers. Not her classmates. And, certainly never a stranger. So, when Sehun held her hands dearly and looked her deep in the eyes, Eunhye had fallen hard for a stranger that seemed like a douche bag.

       That was where their story began. Sehun had frequently visited Eunhye at work and soon they became a couple.

       Sehun loved Eunhye dearly, but there were times where he wanted her to realize that the life he lived wasn’t safe. He wanted her to always be safe. But, if she was with him, she would always be in harm’s way. Eunhye never seemed to care though.

       “I guess,” Sehun spoke reluctantly.

       Eunhye beamed and clutched onto his arm.

       “Yes! Let’s go! We can try that mocha one that they have. I heard that it’s the bomb!”

       Sehun smiled at his girlfriend’s enthusiasm. He wanted to be as happy as her, but there was just something picking him at the back of the head, making him feel worried.

       The five of them drove over to the boba tea café that Eunhye had recommended. Eunhye was happy to finally get Sehun out of the house. The twelve males lived together with their girlfriends in a mansion deep in the woods to hide from other gangs. The only three men that weren’t taken yet were Kai, Luhan, and Tao, hence the reason why they tried to make Sehun go out. They didn’t have much else to do. And besides, they were closest with the youngest.

       They walked into the café. The four mafia leaders scanned the area for any suspicious people. They relaxed their tense shoulders once everything checked out to be okay. There was only a harmless couple sitting by the window. There were multiple empty tables with benches, and a few with wooden chairs. It was still early in the morning.

       “I need to go to the bathroom,” Tao muttered and quickly hurried to the restroom with his legs almost held tightly together.

       “He’s been saying that ever since we left the house,” Luhan chuckled.

       “Let’s go order,” Eunhye smiled and kept her arm clutched around Sehun’s.

       Tao ran into the bathroom. All open stalls were taken. He ran into an enclosed stall and quickly did his business. He zipped up his pants and was about to walk out, but then he heard two men say EXO.

       “They expect nothing. They’re stupid. EXO thinks that they’re all that because they claim to be the strongest gang, but that’s going to end soon.”

       “Boss said that we’ll start moving tomorrow morning.”

       “I can’t wait.”

       Tao’s face went hard. He peaked through the cracks of the bathroom stall and looked at the back of the two men. They were both of similar height and wore black suits. Both of their hair stood on their head like a haystack. Their skin was tan and rugged. By the tattoo that creeped up their necks, he could tell that they were from the Iron Clan. He waited in the bathroom until the two left. He went to go quickly wash his hands. And then his eyes widened when he remembered that his brothers were still outside. He rushed out of the bathroom.

       Eunhye grabbed the drinks with Sehun’s help. Luhan and Kai had already found an empty table to sit at. The café had approximately ten people inside. Three workers, Luhan, Kai, Sehun, Eunhye, Tao, and the couple.

       Luhan’s face lit up when he saw his beverage and quickly took it from Eunhye’s hands. He saw a black dressed figure come out from the bathroom with his peripheral vision. Thinking that it was Tao, he looked up and met eyes with two men. The two men froze in their steps. Both went rigid.

       Luhan clutched onto his drink tightly, squishing it. When the cold slush of the drink poured onto his hand, he broke out of his glare. When he did so, Sehun, Eunhye, and Kai looked at him in surprise.

       “What’s wrong, Han?” Sehun asked.

       Kai followed his gaze to the two men behind Eunhye and Sehun. Sehun slowly turned around. Right when he did, Tao came running out of the bathroom with widened eyes. Sehun pushed Eunhye behind him, standing in front of her protectively.

       “.”

       The two unexpected men seemed to be swallowed by fear, but slowly, one of them leaned in towards the other.

       “Boss will be happy to know that we weakened some of their leaders.”

       The other only smirked.

       Sehun slightly turned his head to Eunhye, never looking at her.

       “Hide,” he whispered to her.

       Eunhye gulped and began to shake out of fear. She had never been in the middle of a gang fight, but she had witnessed her boyfriend and friends coming home, covered in blood, cuts, and gun wounds. She had seen enough to know that these things never went well. She took in a shaky breath and nodded.

       Kai grabbed onto her arm and slowly pulled her behind him and Luhan.

       “Hide somewhere in a back room until we come and get you. Otherwise, don’t come out.

       Eunhye could feel her eyes water. She slowly took steps back. The two men kept their eyes trained on Eunhye with smirks playing at their lips.

       The couple in the café looked up and saw the tense situation. They both recognized Sehun, Luhan, Tao, and Kai to be leaders of the infamous gang, EXO. They panicked and grabbed their things before rushing out of the café.

       The workers of the café were all the back room, oblivious to what was going on in their workplace.

       One of the men took out a pocket knife and began to twirl it in his hand.

       “We protect Eunhye,” Luhan said.

       “Of course,” Sehun said in a deep tone.

       “Why, does little girly over there not want to join the game?” one of the men snickered, making Eunhye’s blood go cold.

       “We won’t hurt you, honey bun. We’ll play with you nicely and roughly—”

       Sehun growled and ran forwards, planting a punch on the guy’s face. The guy holding the pocket knife quickly pulled out a gun and pointed it at Sehun’s head, making everyone freeze in their spots.

       “Not so tough now, are we?” he asked.

       Eunhye swore her heart stopped.

       The two men were still unaware of Tao’s presence. Tao took this to his advantage and ran up to the guy, kicking him hard in the back. The guy yelped and fell forwards. He dropped the gun. It skidded across the floor and came to a stop under a bench.

       With this, two workers came running out from the back of the café. Their eyes widened at the scene. They looked at each other before running into the back room again. The man was quick to get back up on his feet. He turned around and glared at Tao. Tao only smirked.

       “Oh, I didn’t recognize you in the bathroom, but now I do. Donghoon and Byungho,” Tao growled.

       “You know these s?” Kai asked.

       “They were the ones that tried to break into the system the other day,” Tao clenched his fists.

       “Oh, now I remember,” Kai sighed and rolled his fists.

       Byungho, the one with the now bloody nose from Sehun’s punch glared at Sehun.

       “You’ll regret that,” he growled.

       “Make me,” Sehun smirked.

       Byungho ed himself forward and lunged for Sehun’s face. Sehun stepped to the side. The man almost fell forwards. In anger, he took out his own pocket knife and held it out towards Sehun. Sehun smirked. Donghoon turned around to look at Tao. Tao gestured for him to come and get him, only making the man even angrier. He made an animalistic noise before taking out another pocket knife because he had also dropped his other one when he dropped his gun.

       “How many do you even have?” Tao laughed.

       “Ten,” the man smirked.

       Tao frowned.

       “What—”

       He was cut off by what seemed like ten men in black suits running into the café. The four EXO leader’s eyes widened.

       “Not so tough now, huh?” Byungho smirked.

       “You already said that,” Kai rolled his eyes.

        Yells were heard as everyone sprang into action. Eunhye ran towards the far corner of the room and hid under a table. The only back room there was, was behind the counter, and there was no way she could get there without running through the battlefield. The bathrooms were on the other side of the café.

       Sehun grabbed Byungho’s knife out from his hands within seconds and stab the guy in the stomach before kicking his head, making him slump onto the floor, unconscious. Two guys came at him. Sehun threw the knife at one guy, making fall to the ground, while he began to fight fist to fist with the other.

       With Tao being the most experience in fighting, he was able to take down Donghoon with one blow to the head. Two men went after him. Three men went to Luhan, while the last three went to Kai.

       Luhan grabbed onto a pepper shaker that was on one of the tables and opened it. He whisked it at the three men running towards him. One of them groaned and tripped on his own feet, rubbing his eyes. Luhan chuckled and made his hands into fists.

       “Come on, boys.”

       The three men that ran towards Kai ran in a single line, making Kai want to laugh at their idiotic tactics. He kicked the first man in the chest, making him tumble backwards into the other two. The last one stood up and cursed at him.

       “Baby boy has a dirty mouth,” Kai pouted.

       The man growled and ran towards Kai. Kai grabbed onto him and kneed him in the stomach and kicked him. He slid across the floor, stopping only feet away from Eunhye. He grew unconscious. She whimpered and got as close to the wall as she could.

       Within minutes, Sehun was now at the other side of the room where Eunhye was while Luhan and Tao were on the other. Everyone had cuts and bruises littering their bodies, though none too serious. Kai was with Sehun. They were now each fighting one person. The man Kai was fighting threw a punch at him. Kai stepped to the side and grabbed his arm and threw his head onto a nearby table. The man fell to the ground hard. The man refused to give up—though he was beaten so much to the point that he looked like a different person.

       Kai groaned and kicked him square in the face.

       Tao tried to punch the man he was fighting, but he was as fast as Tao. He swiftly moved back and forth. Angry, Tao picked up a loose chair and threw it at him. The man shielded himself with his arm. The chair hit him and fell onto the ground in pieces. Luhan looked to his left in panic that the one that was hit was Tao. This short distraction was enough to give the man Luhan was fighting a chance to severely injure him. He pulled out his knife and ran towards Luhan and stabbed him in the stomach. Luhan yelped in pain and grabbed onto the man’s hand that was still on the knife.

       Tao looked at Luhan with wide and worried eyes, as well as Kai. Sehun was too preoccupied with the man he was fighting still, but he knew that that was Luhan’s scream. Kai ran towards Luhan and the man. The man smirked and pushed the knife deeper into Luhan.

       Eunhye was almost in tears when she saw Luhan’s face grimace in pain. But, what scared her most was that one of the unconscious men began to move. He slowly got up and crawled over to the long forgotten gun. The man’s head was tilted towards Sehun. Eunhye didn’t take any time to think as she ran towards Sehun that was still fighting another man.

       Kai grabbed a leg of the chair, that had broken when Tao threw it and hit the man, that was hurting Luhan on the head as hard as he could. The man went limp. Luhan yelled out in pain as he pulled the knife out of his stomach. He fell onto the ground and began to take in labored breaths. Tao did an air kick and kicked the man he was still fighting in the chest. The man stumbled backwards. Tao did not waste a second as he bent down and kicked the man at his legs, making him fall and hit his head on the corner of a table in the process, knocking him out.

       Tao turned to Sehun that grunted as a man kicked him in the stomach. Tao didn’t notice Eunhye running towards Sehun, but what he did notice was a man on the ground aiming a gun at Sehun. Tao reacted fast and ran towards the man occupying Sehun and grabbed a knife off the ground. He stabbed the back of the man on the shoulder and threw him to the ground.

       Eunhye ran passed the guy on the ground and reached Sehun in record time. She wrapped her arms around him tightly.

       The trigger was pulled.

       Tao grabbed onto Sehun and pulled him to the ground, making Eunhye fall with them.

       It seemed as though Tao had pulled them down in time. It seemed as though no one was hurt by the gun shot.

       And, because of this, Sehun got up immediately and looked down at Eunhye that was dressed in a black sweater and black skinny jeans. He looked at the man that still had his gun held up. But, the man was slowly growing unconscious again. Sehun ran towards him and kicked the gun out of his hands and kicked the man in the head for good measure. He looked towards Luhan that was now in Kai’s arms as Kai tried to stop the bleeding. He looked at Eunhye that was on the ground with wide eyes as she stared at Luhan with a pained expression.

       Anger boiled up in Sehun.

       This is all her fault!

       “I told you I didn’t want to leave the house!” Sehun screamed at Eunhye, making her wince, both in pain and fear.

       Her entire right shoulder hurt. When the trigger was pulled, Tao had been seconds too late. In the process of protecting Sehun, Eunhye was shot. But, because of her black clothing, no one noticed a single thing.

       Eunhye wasn’t immune to pain, but she had been through enough to know how to endure it.

       Her face went stoic as tears trickled down her cheeks.

       “Sehun, cut the crap! We need to get back to the house, now!” Kai yelled as he pulled Luhan up.

       Luhan was still conscious, but in pain. He winced as Kai wrapped his arm around his shoulder.

       Sehun ignored Eunhye as he opened the door for Kai and Luhan. Tao frowned and looked at Eunhye.

       “Are you okay?” he asked, concerned.

       Eunhye only nodded. She walked out of the café soon after the other three did. Tao looked at the destroyed café once before walking out also. Tao walked over to his car right as Kai got Luhan into Sehun’s car. Eunhye was going to get in the car with Sehun, Kai, and Luhan, but then Sehun glared at her.

       “Go with Tao,” he spoke in anger and forced Kai to close the door as he sped off down the street.

       Eunhye slowly turned to Tao that was now in his car. He opened the passenger door for her from inside the car. He gave her an apologetic look. Eunhye quickly got in and closed the door. Her entire body hurt now, but she didn’t make a noise. She was relieved that the seats in the car were black, masking her blood. She hid her right arm from him, blood already trickling down her right arm.

       Tao began to speed through the streets of Seoul. He pulled out his phone and dialed a number.

       “Kris. Luhan, Kai, Sehun, Eunhye, and I were attacked by the Iron Clan at the boba tea shop we went to. Send men over there to clean it up.”

       “What the hell? Did anyone get hurt?”

       “Luhan got it pretty badly. We’re on our way. He’s with Sehun. Everyone else is okay.”

       “Okay. I’ll tell Lay and release the men.”

       “Wait!” Tao shouted.

       “What?” Kris asked worriedly.

       “Something’s up. Remember Donghoon and Byungho? I saw them. I think they were trying to break into the system because they were trying to find our hideouts. They’ve found one of them, or more. They plan to attack soon. Release more men for extra caution and put out more traps. Find out what the hell is happening.”

       “Roger that.”

       Kris hung up, and Tao threw his phone in the back seat.

       Eunhye clutched onto her leg as she felt her wound constantly bleeding. She bit the inside of her bottom lip to stop her cries. Tao was too worried about Luhan to notice a thing.

       Minutes later, the five of them reached the mansion in the woods. Lay and Chen ran out of the mansion with worried faces. Chen ran to Sehun’s car and helped Kai carry Luhan into the mansion. They all ran into the living room where everyone was.

       Lay’s girlfriend shook her head in disapproval as she cut Luhan’s shirt off with scissors.

       “Hey, Anna,” Luhan grinned.

       “Oh, shut it,” she rolled her eyes.

       “He’s fine. He can still flirt,” Lay barked.

       Chen’s girlfriend, Lina, ran up to Kai, Sehun, and Tao, making sure that their wounds weren’t too bad. She tried to check if Eunhye was fine, but she only shook her head and urged for her to go check on Luhan. Lina sighed and gave her a stern look.

       “They’re fine. Just little cuts and bruises,” she confirmed and went to help Anna with Luhan.

       Sehun looked at Luhan as he screamed when Anna pour hydrogen peroxide onto his cut. Sehun grew angry and turned towards Eunhye that was now standing at the back of the room, away from everybody with her head down.

       “This is your fault,” he growled, pointing an accusing finger at her.

       My fault. All my fault.

       Eunhye shivered. Her heart shattered. She swore she could hear it break. Guilt was eating her up.

       I almost killed Luhan.

       “Oh Sehun,” Suho spoke with authority.

       Sehun ignored him.

       “If you hadn’t insisted that we go to that place, Luhan would have never gotten hurt!” he screamed, flaring his arms in the air, completely taken over by anger.

       Eunhye stepped back in shock and whimpered. Sehun had never yelled at her before. He had never raised his voice at her before, even when she had accidently set an alarm off once. He had never looked at her with so much hatred and anger before. Tears stung at her eyes as she kept her head down. The living room was dimly lit where she was standing, not allowing anyone to see the rugged state she was in.

       “I-I didn’t mean for any of this to hap—”

       “Well, it did!” Sehun was about to walk up to her, but then Kris held him back.

       Eunhye cried and began to shake.

       “Stop it. You’re scaring her. And, it was a good thing that you went there, of we would have never found out that the Iron Clan was planning a surprise attack on us.”

       “What?” Sehun furrowed his eyebrows and stared at Kris. “What are you talking about?”

       “I overheard them in the bathroom and asked Kris to check it out. Their activity level is rising,” Tao said and held onto his stomach when D.O.’s girlfriend walk up to him and poked him in the ribs. “Watch it,” he hissed.

       “Don’t talk to my girl like that,” D.O. shot at him.

       Suho’s girlfriend, Hana sighed and walked up to Eunhye. Eunhye’s head was still down. She began to waver back and forth. Her vision began to blur. She felt cold. Her head hurt. She wanted to throw up.

       Sehun couldn’t help but stay angry. He turned around and looked at Eunhye.

       “And next time, stay when I tell you to! If there were more people, you could have gotten us all killed!” he yelled. He needed to take his anger out on somebody. He turned to look at Luhan that was now glaring at him.

       “Hun, shut the up. Nothing was her fault. Stop getting angry at her!” he bellowed.

       “Hey, honey. Are you okay?” Hana wrapped her arm around Eunhye and patted her right arm.

       Eunhye winced. Hana frowned at Eunhye’s wet sweater and looked at her hand and arm that was now covered in blood, Eunhye’s blood.

       Hana gasped and gently shook Eunhye.

       “Where are you hurting?” she turned serious.

       No one heard her as Luhan screamed when Anna began to stitch up his cut.

       Hana pulled Eunhye’s chin up. Eunhye’s lips were blue and her face was pale white. Hana’s eyes widened when Eunhye’s knees buckled as her legs gave out. Her eyes rolled back. Hana fell to her knees with Eunhye in her arms.

       “. Lay! She’s going into hypovolemic shock! Hurry!”

       This grabbed everyone’s attention. Everyone’s eyes widened in horror at Hana’s bloodied state and Eunhye’s pale face and blue lips.

       “Find the source!” Lay yelled as he ran towards them.

       Sehun eyes widened. His legs felt weak. His heart stopped. The entire world seemed to stop. He looked at the blood on Hana’s arm. He held his breath in shock. He tried to walk towards Eunhye, but his legs suddenly felt weak.

       “Eunhye!” Sehun whispered. Kai grabbed onto him.

       “Stop, you’re only going to delay the process,” he hissed.

       Sehun pushed him away and ran towards her. He grabbed onto her right hand that was covered in blood and fell to his knees. He shook his head rapidly.

       “How the hell did you guys miss her getting hurt?” Lay yelled as he tried to help Hana find the source of the bleeding.

       Sehun’s mind went blank. His whole body shook. Anger was wiped from his body and was replaced with fear and pain. He held tightly onto Eunhye’s hand as he cried.

       “No,” he shook his head. “No. No. No. No! S-She was okay. She was okay!!!"

       He thought of how he yelled at her instead of asking her if she was okay. He thought of how he blamed Luhan’s injury on her when he knew damn well that nothing was her fault. Oh how much he wished he could take back every single word. He was just so frustrated. He felt like something bad was going to happen. Eunhye was just trying to make him feel better, and yet he yelled at her. He didn’t care for her. He didn’t ask her if she was okay when she obviously wasn’t.

       Thinking back to her pained expressions, her crystal clear tears, and her pale complexion. Sehun just wanted to kill himself.

       “No, Eunhye,” Sehun shook his head and wrapped his arms around her. “Wake up. Wake up, baby. Wake up. I’m so sorry,” he cried.

       Hana pried Sehun’s arms off of Eunhye’s body.

       “Somebody, take him away!” she yelled.

       Tao furrowed his eyebrows.

       Eunhye ran. The gun man. The gun shot. Tao, himself running. The three of them falling.

       Tao’s eyes widened.

       “She got shot!” he yelled.

       “What the hell?” Chanyeol yelled as he and Baekhyun ran towards Sehun.

       Sehun froze in his spot.

       Seconds before the gun shot being heard, he felt Eunhye hug him from behind. It all came to him. Guilt ate him up. This time, his heart shattered into millions of pieces. He took in labored breaths and shook from crying so hard.

       “This is all my fault,” he spoke in horror, looking at Eunhye’s blood that now covered his arms.

       Chanyeol grabbed Sehun’s left arm while Baekhyun grabbed his right.

       “No!” Sehun yelled as they began to drag him away.

       “Lay! Her pulse is weak!” Hana yelled.

       “,” Lay muttered. He began to take Eunhye’s sweater and shirt off.

       Eunhye almost seemed lifeless.

       Sehun thrashed and kicked his legs as he screamed.

       “Let me go! Dammit! Let me go!” he cried, trying to break free from Chanyeol and Baekhyun.

       “Sehun! Calm down!” Baekhyun yelled.

       “No! I need her! She needs me!” Sehun sobbed. “I’m horrible. I-I,” Sehun chocked on his words. “Eunhye, please! Open your eyes!”

       “Oh Sehun! Stop moving!” Chanyeol yelled.

       “Eunhye! L-Lee Eunhye! You o-o-open your eyes! P-Please! I’m here! Don’t l-leave me, Eunhye!” Sehun yelled in between sobs. He was hysteric. He thrashed his entire body around, just wanting to hold her in his arms.

       “We’re losing her, Lay!” Hana yelled.

       Chen and Suho had ran into another room, getting more medical supplies.

       The entire living room was in chaos. Luhan had fallen unconscious. Anna was trying to wake him up with the help of some of the others. Five people were huddled around Eunhye, trying their best to help her. Chanyeol and Baekhyun were trying to hold Sehun down.

        “What’s her blood type?” Lay yelled to no one in particular.

       “B!” Sehun yelled. “B positive!”

       “I have B positive!” Chen yelled as he ran back into the room with Suho.

       “Yoojin,” Lay turned to Baekhyun’s girlfriend. “Get Chen hooked up to the blood transfusion machine, now.”

       Yoojin nodded and ran towards a certain room, knowing that Chen was following her closely behind.

       “She was trying to save me,” Sehun cried. “She got shot instead of me!” Sehun yelled. He wished so much to be the one laying there in a pool of blood.

       “Someone, calm him the down!” Lay yelled.

       Xiumin ran over to Sehun and put a syringe in his arm with the help of D.O. and Chanyeol. Sehun was too emotional too notice. And slowly, his world grew blurry as he went unconscious.

       The last thing he saw was Lay removing the bullet from Eunhye’s shoulder.

***

       Sehun’s head throbbed with pain. He moved his fingers and arms. He slowly opened his eyes and stared at the white ceiling of his room. It took him a while to process his thoughts.

       Blood. Eunhye. Hurt. Pain. Gun shot. Blood. Eunhye . . . Eunhye!

       Sehun sprung up from the bed and grimaced in pain when his migraine intensified. He squinted his eyes and held his head.

       “Oh good, you’re up,” a voice sighed.

       Sehun looked to his right and saw Lay standing there with his arms crossed. Sehun’s eyes widened.

       “Eunhye, where is she?” Sehun desperately asked.

       Lay sighed and gestured to the area behind Sehun with his chin. Sehun quickly turned around and saw Eunhye laying beside him with her eyes peacefully closed. Sehun gasped and quickly grabbed onto her hand and caressed her cheek gently.

       “How is she?” he asked.

       “Better. She’ll be awake tomorrow,” Lay sighed.

       Sehun frowned and looked at Lay.

       “Are you sure? She should rest more.”       

       “Do you even know how long you were out?” Lay asked with raised eyebrows.

       Sehun furrowed his eyebrows.

       “No.”

       “A week.”

       “What?” Sehun yelled. “Why did you put me under for a week!”

       “Because if you were awake, you would have stayed by her side without eating or drinking, meaning you would have been weak by the time she woke up,” Lay sighed and messaged his temples.

       Sehun sighed and rolled his eyes. He looked back down at Eunhye and smiled affectionately as he caressed her face again.

       “Think of what to say to her. I let you wake up today so you could gather your emotions and thoughts,” Lay said.

       Sehun froze and thought about how he yelled at her and blamed her. He clenched his fist and bit his bottom lip, fighting against tears that threatened to fall.

       “I will,” Sehun’s voice broke up.

       “And . . . thank Chen whenever you’re ready. Without him, Eunhye would have never made it.”

       Sehun remembered Chen yelling out that he had blood type B. He remembered Eunhye laying in her own blood. He remembered yelling at her moments after she got shot. He began to shake as he sobbed quietly.

       “I don’t deserve her. S-She sacrificed her life for me, and I yelled at her.  Took her for granted. I-I—”

       “Sehun, she sacrificed her life for you because she loves you. To sacrifice your life for someone so dearly to you, just shows how much that person loves you. Her love for you is irreplaceable. Don’t push her away when she wakes up. Okay? She’ll need you more than ever.”

       Sehun nodded and buried his face into Eunhye’s hand that he held.

       “I won’t.”

***

       Eunhye felt tired, but she wanted to open her eyes. She felt like she had been sleeping for days. Her body felt numb. She slowly moved, trying to regain feeling of her arms and legs again.

       “Baby! You’re awake!”

       A familiar voice rang in her head. She squinted her eyes as they slowly opened. A figure was hovered over her. Slowly her blurry vision cleared out. She widened her eyes when she saw her beloved Sehun looking at her with tears in his eyes.

       She sprang up from the bed and held onto his cheeks.

       “Sehun, are you hurt? Are you okay?” she asked in worry.

       Sehun had been laying beside Eunhye as she slept. He leaned his head on his hand, watching Eunhye sleep with a small smile on his lips. And when she began moving, his heart pumped. He grew nervous. He began to hate himself again for making her like this. If only he had been more cautious, she would have never gotten hurt.

       “You idiot,” Sehun chuckled as tears escaped his eyes. “I should be asking you that.”

       Eunhye sighed and smiled as her eyes brimmed with tears.

       “Sehun,” she whispered with much love as she wiped away his tears.

       Sehun choked on his words and continued to cry.

       “I’m so sorry, Eunhye. I-I-I’m so sorry. You trusted me so much, you loved me so much, but I—”

       “I trust you so much. I love you so much. I still trust and love you, Sehun. Don’t ever think otherwise,” Eunhye leaned her forehead on his, “And . . . I should be the one that’s sorry. I hurt Luhan.”

       “No!” Sehun sat straight up. “You didn’t hurt him! It was those bastards that did! Going there was a good thing! We would have never known that the Iron Clan was going to make a surprise attack on our bases. If you hadn’t insisted that we go, EXO would have been no more. You save all of us, Eunhye. Especially me,” Sehun looked her earnestly in the eyes, not wanting to see an ounce of guilt in them.

       Eunhye thought about how the man pointed the gun at Sehun. She thought about how her life without him flashed before her eyes. She thought of Sehun laying on the ground in a pool of blood. She would never want any of those to happen.

       She lowered her head and whimpered. She hiccupped as she began to cry. She rested her head on Sehun’s shoulder. He rubbed circles on her back and kissed her head.

       “I was scared that you would die. I can’t live without you, Sehun,” Eunhye cried.

       Sehun fought back tears and took in a shaky breath.

       Lay was right.

       Eunhye loved him so much to the point that she was willing to risk her life for him because she would rather die than live in a world without him.

       Sehun forced a smile through his tears that had betrayed him.

       “I know,” Sehun choked on his words. “I know, Eunhye. I’m sorry I yelled at you. I love you more than you could ever imagine.”


Author's Note:

Wow, that was a pretty long one shot. I almost didn't finish it in the beginning.
I hope you enjoyed this long one-shot!!!
Tell me what you thought about it and your favorite parts!
And...let's enjoy these teasers XD

<3 Nubci4