Shy (Sakurai Sho One-Shot)

Shy (Sakurai Sho One-Shot)

 

“Tadaima!”(I’m home) you call, walking into the house.

“Okaeri, Aya!”(Welcome home) your older brother answers.

“Onii-chan? Doko?” (brother? Where are you?)

“In the kitchen!” he answers.

“Hey! You’re supposed to be practicing your Japanese, remember?” you yell at him.

“But it’s sooo hard, Aya! Really, how do you say ‘in thekitchen’ in Japanese?”

“You could just say ‘kicchin’, ya know…” you mumble. “You at least know that, right?”

“Whatever. How was school today? Oh, wait! I mean, how was gakkou today?”

“You’re an idiot, ya know that?” you ask sweetly.

“I don’t care.”

“We’re living in Japan. You should at least make an effort to speak the language! Just cuz you didn’t want to learn it earlier…”

“I did know Japanese! But I forgot cuz I never spoke it. Some people don’t have amazing memory, Aya-chan,” he tells you.

“Don’t call me, ‘Aya-chan’. I’m your sister.”

“Oh, right… I forgot… wait! Oboite, ne? Ne?”

“Ee… jozu, jozu, onii-chan!” (Yeah, good job, good job, brother)

“So then why do you call me ‘onii-chan’? Why not just ‘oni’?”

“Oni? Like, demon? I think you mean ‘onii’, right?”

“Whatever.” Your brother ignores you.

“I’m not having this conversation,” you tell him, standing up. “I’m going out tonight. I’ll be back kinda late,” you tell him.

“Where are you going?”

“DETO ga aru,” (I have a date) you tell him quickly so he can’t understand.

“Ok then, have fun!” your brother says, acting like he understood.

You walk out the front door and the warm spring air rushes towards you. You shiver despite the heat. You’re nervous. It’s your very first date with him. Your first date with Sakurai Sho. You knew him because one of your friends has known Masaki Aiba since she was little. You walk through the busy Tokyo streets to where Sakurai had told you to meet him. You look around, trying to find him. But he’s not there.

You pull out your phone to call him, but a firm hand closes your phone just as you press the first number. “Sorry,” he apologizes. “I couldn’t get away. We were shooting for a music video.”

“It’s fine!” you say. “I wasn’t waiting for that long. So it’s ok.”

“Uh, what do you want to do first?” he asks.

“I… how long can you stay?”

“As long as you want me to.”

“Really? Masaki-kun said that you had an audition tomorrow. You don’t have to get up early for that?” you ask.

“N-no! It’s fine, really. That audition doesn’t start until pretty late anyways.”

“Ok then. Come with me!”

“Where are we going?” Sho asks.

“You’ll see!” you laugh, pulling on his arm. He follows you to the nearest bus stop. On the bus, you’re quiet and you keep looking down.

“Is something wrong?” he asks.

“I’m fine. Just nervous, I guess,” you admit.

“About what?”

“Well… you’re famous, ya know. And I’m… I’m just me,” you respond sourly.

“Aw, come on! You’re great!” Sho says.

“But…”

“Listen. I like you… a lot. So it’s ok. Even if you’re not famous. Got it?”

“Yeah,” you answer, a small smile creeping onto your lips.

“Good.”

“Ah, this is our stop!” you say as the bus slows down.

“O-okay. Where are we going?”

“You’ll see! Don’t worry!” you tell him, laughing. You grab his arm and he runs behind you through the large crowds of people.

“Here.” You stop at a large park. It’s quiet, but not empty. There are a few people walking around or sleeping in the shade.

At first, Sho looks confused. But then realization begins to show on his face. “This is where…”

“So you do remember?” you ask, squeezing his hand.

“Of course I do!” he answers, smiling. Sho kisses you on the top of your head, making you blush. “I’ll never forget this place,” he adds honestly. “Where we first met…”

“I was scared of you,” you say, giggling.

“I remember that, too! I don’t see why I was so scary…”

“I don’t know why… I wonder,” you muse. “Maybe just cuz you’re scary.”

“I am not!” He shoves you playfully then grabs you around your shoulders. “Am I?”

“No! Of course not. You’re…” you stop yourself from finishing.

“I’m what?” he prods.

“Amazing,” you say softly.

“Hm? I couldn’t hear you,” he chuckles. You blush and shake your head. Sho smiles and grips your hand. “Come on.”

“Where are we going?”

“It’s a surprise,” he teases.

“Awww, Sakurai-san!!!” Sho stops running and your bump into him. “Ow! What is it?”

“Don’t call me ‘Sakurai-san’, please. Just call me Sho. Ok?”

“But I-”

“It’s fine. Just say it. Sho. It’s not that hard! Only one syllable. Do it!”

“Sho.”

“Good.”

“Sho-kun?”

“No, just Sho. Now let’s go.” You follow him to a large cherry blossom tree.

“It’s beautiful,” you say softly.

“Remember this?”

“Yeah. I do.” You look up at him and smile.

The sun has already set. The sky is black with the twinkle of stars and the full moon. “Look at the sky,” Sho says.

“Hm? You don’t turn into a werewolf at the full moon, do you?”

“Would you hate me if I did?”

“No.”

“Well, I don’t. But the full moon…” Sho stops and turns towards you.

“Yeah?” you ask. Sho smirks and crashes his lips against yours. The kiss is gentle and timid. His lips are soft and smooth. You kiss him back because you can’t help yourself. But as soon as he was there, he’s gone. His cheeks are bright red and he has s bashful smile plastered on his face.

“Sorry,” he apologizes.

“It’s fine. I liked it,” you answer, cheeks burning. “A-anyways, it’s getting late. We should head back.”

“Yeah” Sho nods. As you arrive in the busier part of the city, Sho puts on sunglasses and a hat.

“Genius,” you scoff.

“What?”

“It’s dark. So obvious, Sho.”

“What do you want me to do? Wear a mask?”

“No. Please don’t cover you’re face,” you tell him, smirking. Sho hides his blush, making you smirk more.

You sit in the back with Sho. The bus is almost empty. There are just a few other passengers besides you and Sho. “Hey, Sho?”

“What is it?” he asks.

“Well, in the park. Why’d you get so shy after you kissed me?” you press.

“H-huh? Well, I…”

“What? Is it really embarrassing?”

“I’ve never kissed a girl besides when I’m acting. Maybe once or twice. But I don’t remember it well.”

“Oh?”

“Yeah, and… well, sorry. If you want someone more experienced, I-” You kiss him softly on the lips to cut him off.

“I want you,” you tell him. “Just you.”

Sho smiles and puts his arm around your shoulders, pulling you closer to him.