fin

(Cat)hy

“Someone please tell me why is there a cat bowl in the kitchen?” Pointing at the direction of the said place, Nayoung asks no one in particular.

 

“Uh because there’s a cat?” Doyeon who’s lying on the couch, cranes her neck to look at the leader.

 

Nayoung eyes the younger, brows creasing, “Since when do we have a cat?”

 

“Since now.” Yoojung walks in, holding a rather tall and heavy scratching post in her arms. Although having tons of questions in mind, Nayoung still dashes up to help the younger who’s obviously struggling.

 

Right behind Yoojung is a rather nonchalant Chaeyeon, one hand holding a cup of half finished strawberry latte and the other a carrier basket.

 

“Is that…the cat?” Nayoung looks skeptically at the pink basket.

 

Yoojung turns her head to where the older is looking and curtly nods. “And actually that’s not any cat.”

 

“What do you mean by that?” Nayoung asks while putting the scratch post down beside the TV cabinets.

 

“Ask Chaeyeon unnie~” Doyeon sings out still lying lazily on the couch. “And you’re not going to believe it~” The shorter of the dodaeng duo chimes in.

 

“Chaeyeon?” Nayoung looks to the girl who just casually walked into the kitchen to dispose her finished drink, totally not caring being mentioned.

 

“She told us last night and it took us some time to let the whole thing sink in.” Doyeon who’s now sitting upright answers the confused leader.

 

“O…kay? Wait. Did she tell the managers? The company? Can we keep pets in this building? No. Are we even allowed to have pets?”

 

Yoojung shrugs and drops herself on the couch beside her partner-in-crime, “Well we weren’t stopped by the guards when coming up so…I think it’s fine to keep pets here?”

 

Hey girls!

 

“Did- ”

 

“Yes unnie she just meowed and I’m going to explain everything. But first, ” Chaeyeon appears and crouches down beside the pink basket, opening the little door for the cat to come out. “let’s meet her.”

 

Nayoung expects to see a fluffy white cat to walk out from the pink cage but instead a jet black cat walks out from it, all she sees is a pair of clear yellow eyes staring at her and truth be told she is a bit intimidated (by a cat).

 

“Chaeyeon ah you sure you’re not getting a- a panther?”

 

What!? Are you ing kidding me Im!?

 

Everyone in the living room cracks up hearing the innocent question from the leader. However the black cat snarls (and then Nayoung is convinced it’s a panther), obviously not pleased with the situation.

 

Still giggling, Chaeyeon picks the cat up, holding it securely in her arms and amazingly the cat quiets down and her aggressiveness seconds ago all gone.

 

“Wow how did you…” Nayoung is amazed, she never knew Chaeyeon is that good with animals.

 

“As I said before, it’s not just any cat.” Yoojung smirks.

 

“What?”

 

I’m Ki Heehyun you dense little-

 

Chaeyeon looks down to the meowing cat in her arms and gently runs the back of her hand along the side of its face. “She’s Heehyun unnie.”

 

“WHAT.” For a second Nayoung believes it’s a prank but seeing no one is yet to laugh out loud, she probes further. She looks at Doyeon. “Heehyun as in Ki Heehyun?” A nod from the younger. She then turns to Yoojung. “The Ki Heehyun?” A nod and finally she turns to Chaeyeon. “Your Ki Heehyun?”

 

Yes! Ki Hee Hyun! Her Ki Heehyun!! Stupid Im! How come you’re just as stupid as Kim!

 

“Well I think she’s answering you already.” Chaeyeon looks down to the black cat that is meowing rather rapidly in her arms.

 

“B- but how did…?”

 

“Last night I got a call from Yebin telling me they couldn’t find unnie and instead a black cat was found in her room. She told me the cat was acting weird like she knew the dorm at the back of its hand, roaming at the spots unnie would usually be at. It even refused to use other’s bowls to eat and drink until they gave her Heehyun unnie’s one. More so it had been meowing non-stop in front of my room and that’s when Yebin thought to call.”

 

Nayoung is baffled by how calm Chaeyeon is delivering the situation. “You- you’re not surprised at all? Your human girlfriend turned into a freaking cat?”

 

Yea tell me bout it Im. I think she actually loves it.

 

Everyone looks puzzled at the meowing cat yet Chaeyeon grins and nuzzles her nose on top of the cat’s head. “It’s not that bad, unnie is pretty cute as a cat.”

 

Told you.

 

Nayoung walks closer to the black cat, angling up its chin to have a good look at its face. “O…kay she does look a bit Heehyun to me.”

 

Tsk of course because I AM Heehyun for god’s sake.

 

“Did she just hiss?” Nayoung widens her eyes at the sound the cat just made. “Okay she is Heehyun.”

 

-x-

 

The rest of the I.O.I girls took it quite well with the addition of ‘Heehyun the cat’, the girls were excited (with Sohye exclaiming “Unnie has always looked like a cat!” and Yeunjung squealing like mad at the sight of the black little creature.)

 

After being magically transformed into a cat, Heehyun can totally feel the cat-side creeping all over her. Aside from her food preferences (she prefers ‘table scraps’ than cat food), there is nothing left of her that’s human-like.

 

She now purrs when she feels good, she gets distracted easily because of her wider field of view, her vision shines at night comparing to daytime, she begins to have a thing for warm places (Chaeyeon’s lap is the best source).

 

-x-

 

Curling up on her girlfriend’s lap got to be her no.1 favourite thing at the time being. Chaeyeon’s thighs are so warm and soft that Heehyun doesn’t mind hanging out there all day.

 

“Unnie you look real comfy.” Chaeyeon chuckles and the cat from head to tail.

 

Mm mm~

 

“Omo Heehyun unnie is purring again!” The cat shots its eyes open hearing the loud voice. “Unnie you never purr when I pet you!”

 

You were not petting but hitting Jeon Somi.

 

The maknae reaches out and ‘pets’ the cat. “Chaeyeon unnie you know there’s a funny fact about cats!”

 

Chaeyeon looks puzzled at the youngest, silently asking her to continue.

 

“They love this!” Somi pulls out a laser pointer from behind and points it on the floor.

 

Upon seeing the little red dot, Heehyun slowly rises up from Chaeyeon’s lap, tail wagging back and forth, ears facing backwards. The moving red dot now having her absolute concentration.

 

“See unnie! I tell you, Heehyun unnie is ready to pounce.” The maknae grins evilly.

 

Eyes following the red dot, the cat instinctively bares its claws and leaps forward, paying no attention to the whimper Chaeyeon made when she pushed her legs to jump.

 

“Omo unnie!” It’s when Somi drops the laser pointer and tend to her unnie does Heehyun find out the younger is covering her thigh in pain.

 

What? Chaeyeon?? What’s wrong!

 

Stalking closer to the girl, she can see a set of freshly made scratch marks on her once perfectly white thigh.

 

Oh god.

 

Chaeyeon soothes her thigh with tears b in her eyes and looks at Heehyun with a killer pout, making her girlfriend guiltier than ever.

 

Being a cat .

 

-x-

 

Heehyun is currently lying on her side on the floor, leisurely watching everyone in the I.O.I dorm. Suddenly something blocks her view – a pair of feet (to be honest all she now sees are feet and feet and feet, be it human feet or furniture feet).

 

“Aigoo our Heehyun unnie…” A husky voice calls out.

 

Sejeong. What do you want.

 

Sejeong crouches down and shows her eye-smile hearing the lazy meow, she reaches her hand out and gently rubs on the cat’s chin. “How’s life being a cat?”

 

Don’t remind- yes~ there~ that’s the spot~

 

Heehyun purrs and unconsciously juts her chin out, showing a sign of enjoyment.

 

“I take it you like being a cat then.” Sejeong laughs and picks Heehyun up with one hand under her torso and the other supporting her bottom, “Aw you’re so cute unnie!” and nuzzles her chin on the cat for ten good seconds.

 

Yah yah yah.

 

Although Heehyun voices out her disapproval but all Sejeong hears is some cute form of meowing, her eye-smile grows wider and she eventually kisses the cat on its cheek.

 

From her cat view, Heehyun sees someone is approaching and she knows very well it’s none other than Chaeyeon.

 

Urgh God Sejeong you flirt.

 

“Heehyun unnie~” A sickeningly sweet voice calls but it makes the cat goes stiff in Sejeong’s hands. “Go sleep with Sejeong unnie tonight.”

 

Noooo woman can’t you see it’s her who kissed me!? I didn’t purr on purpose! You know I can’t control it!

 

The cat yowls and thrashes in Sejeong’s hands, trying to wriggle her way out of the tight grip.

 

Put me down you big flirt!

 

Sejeong looks at the hissing cat, she knows what she wants but being the mischievous girl she is she chuckles and smirks. “Aw we are sleeping together tonight~ Don’t you just love the sound of it~?”

 

NO! You big flirt I’m telling Kim about this! W-wait till I turn back into human!

 

“Aw I’ll take those noises you made as delightment!” Heehyun rolls her eyes (if that’s even possible) and finally gives up moving around in the younger’s hands.

 

Being a cat .

 

-x-

 

The girls went through the day peacefully and Heehyun did not flirt with (was not flirted by) any of them, that earn her an affectionate pet from Chaeyeon and the permission to sleep together on the younger’s bed tonight.

 

Heehyun waits impatiently for bedtime, her cat instincts tell her there’s nothing better to do than to hang out around the newly purchased pet fountain. The running water attracts her, making her unconsciously drinks more water from it. Lapping up, she suddenly feels the urge to use the bathroom.

 

She doesn’t have a litter box, rather she uses the bathroom, after all she was a human and she still has the memory of going to a toilet like a normal human being. Hopping on to the toilet she starts releasing herself, not even bother to close the door. Because first, it’s not like she has the strength and second, when you come to think of it she literally walks around the dorm. So why the privacy now.

 

“Oh Heehyun unnie.” The cat turns her head hearing the familiar voice. She sees Chaeyeon holding a towel and a set of pyjamas.

 

The girl doesn’t seem to mind the cat’s presence and starts to undress herself after sliding the bathroom door shut.

 

OH. MY. GOD.

 

Heehyun has agape, drowning in the image that unfolds before her eyes (her cat vision makes everything so much clearer and so much…closer). Because of the hot shower, she feels the room temperature rises, making her hyperventilate and Chaeyeon’s silhouette behind the glass door does not make it better.

 

Never once in Heehyun’s life has she seen the other girl shower in front of her so this is actually a first. She doesn’t know why but for once –

 

Being a cat isn’t so bad.

 

 

 

 


A/N: Sorry about the late update but I hope you like it! <3 CatChae is really ma thing these days. Have you guys watched the latest DIA V-live? I spotted some CatChae skinship huhu

Btw this is how I imagine Heehyun would be like if she was a cat: