Lost Stars

Lost Stars
 

 

 

 

     "I think I like you."    

 

    

 

    Little misty eyes lit up to the soft and smoky breath burning the side of her face close to her ear - and a different heat, friendlier - spread inside her body when tiny fingers touched her jeans.

 

Rubbing out the present tiredness in her eyes in a blink, she turned toward her guest waiting soundly beside her - without much meaning her knee in a circular motion.

 

    "What?" She cleared briefly surprised by her very husky voice.

 

Those same big shining eyes stared at her and with the same tone she repeated again:

 

    "I think I like you."

 

The silence fell on both of them, different from the music’s boom-boom resonating indoors followed with screams and the usual brouhaha. The headache hammering her thoughts from before was ready to come back soon.

 

    "I think you are drunk."

 

Answered Sunny on a weary tone, frowning her eyebrows to the throbbing inside her skull.

 

    "But I like you." The young woman argued, still staring at Sunny.

 

The concerned one did not preferred to answer, not in the mood to go on with which was looking like a beginning of a conversation and not wanting to go further in Taeyeon’s weird game.

 

She tightened the bottle in her hand and brought it to her lips, humming the aroma who had the capacity to calm her down in any situation. At least, rather the second smell. She peeped at her right side then soaked her lungs with this suave and marbled fragrance. 

A hand wrapped brusquely around her wrist the moment she was going to drink some of it.

 

    "Stop drinking."

 

Sunny slid her gaze on the side, right inside a chocolate sea mixed with a concerned latte glow.

 

    "Is it always drunk Taeyeon talking to me?"

 

Taeyeon sneaked her hand up the neck’s bottle taking it gently but securely out the younger’s girl wrist. "Who knows?"

 

Sunny shrugged and let the silence hanged over them. A soft breeze her rosy cheeks and brushed some locks of hair, cooling down her well too tortured mind tonight again.

 

    Though, this moment was short when she saw the girl beside her take directly a long lump from her bottle.

 

"And you told me not to drink?" Called Sunny, somehow skeptical by her friend’s undoubtedly very strange behavior. Eliciting no answer except an another sip - this one more longer - Sunny tried again. "Yah, stop it."

 

She snatched the bottle when the latter refuted her again. "Are you crazy? In your condition-"

 

"If this is the only way to have your attention." Taeyeon coughed, hitting many times her chest with her fist. She closed her eyes to the liquid boiling inside while she was stopping the tears threatening to fall down her cheeks.

 

    "What are you talking about?"

 

    "Nothing." Taeyeon hinted a smile and Sunny couldn’t read the expression on her face once more. Maybe the annoyance because she told her many times to drink less, the sadness when she caught her dreaming before a stage or when eyes crossed each other without saying nothing more.

 

    "Alcool trash." Sunny simply answered picking the bottle up, happy to have her good friend back in hand.

 

    Taeyeon stayed unusually silent and looked up toward the sky where the stars were beginning to show up despite some clouds still present in the air.

Sunny mimed her posture enjoying this summer evening and the change of temperature slowly falling as the night was appearing. She felt therefore Taeyeon’s head on her shoulder and the warmth of their two bodies fusing little by little.

 

Unconsciously, Sunny titled her head on hers rubbing her nose and breathing the scent emanating from her blonde hair. With every breaths, her body was increasingly relaxing, bringing her in a torpor. Contrasting with her restless mind not permitting this kind of contact anymore. It was well too dangerous.

 

    Pushing away the idea to hold the hand still on her knee, she finally parted some minutes later keeping a close but descent distance between them.

 

It didn’t go unnoticed by Taeyeon who observed her an instant before plunging back her eyes toward the lit sky.

 

"That’s exactly how I feel, in fact." Taeyeon talked after a long moment. Sunny instantly followed her with her eyes.

 

The blonde girl was always watching the sky with a dreamy look. "When I watch the stars."

 

The red haired girl creased her forehead but said nothing. Taeyeon talking about her deepest thoughts, it was not common. At least, no more with Sunny.

 

"So close but so far."

 

Taeyeon gazed anew toward Sunny showing a certain melancholy in her eyes and Sunny discerned it, at the back of those dark orbs, the little shining and so hopeful star. Which disappeared in a bat of eyelashes when Taeyeon lowered her eyes on the space between both of their hands. As if a hidden barrier did not allow any contact between them.

 

"You’re more funny when you’re drunk, you know that?"

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"I don’t know," A hint of smile drew itself on Sunny’s lips. "You just say some funny things."

 

Watching her some seconds, Taeyeon shook slowly her head from the left to the right with a giggle. "The beer’s power probably."

 

"It’s a cocktail. A mixture of mine. So respect my work." Sunny joked on a light tone taking an umpteenth gulp. 

 

"It must be the reason why you drink so much." The blonde asserted.

 

Sunny rotated her eyes right away towards those same twinkling eyes when the words were out . Taeyeon did not weaken when she read the annoyance on Sunny’s face et she would certainly not hesitate provoking her if it was for her to talk. Just like before. The alcool setting alight her veins was giving her enough courage to ignite something - anything else that this simple face, almost unknown that she was looking at.

 

"I would not have this discussion with you."

 

"I just want to-"

 

"But you can’t." Sunny objected sharply massaging her skull. That was it, her headache was back. Not surprising, it was always the same thing when Taeyeon was speaking to her.

 

She groaned, annoyed by the thoughts invading her mind and this little voice ensuring her to lower her guard and just let herself be carried by the younger woman’s presence beside her. To listen and talk to her for hours.

 

    Like before.

 

But it was way dangerous. And she would be the only one hurt in this situation.

 

Too caught up in her thoughts, she didn’t have time to anticipate two hands which wrapped around her head, exactly where the pain was drumming against her skull bone.

 

"It’s okay, I’m here." The blonde murmured somewhere against her ear.

 

    Shivering, Sunny could have cry hearing this so soft voice she would have bathe inside, healing the recent wounds and erasing the exhaustion still slaughtering her mind. Or well savoring her until she was enough sober to realize the situation.

 

"Eh, that’s fine. Everything alright." Taeyeon whispered softly with a reassuring smile. "You can rest too, you know."

 

She brought Sunny’s head closer to her, the latter still eyes closed as she continued to her skull. She grinned when she felt the red hair girl’s body fussing under her fingers running on her head.

 

    The more Sunny wanted to step back the more she was drawing in towards Taeyeon. Her irresistible fragrance was gently teasing her nostrils and each warm whiff touching her face appeased little by little her horrible headache. 

 

Like a placebo effect.

 

    Taeyeon’s effect.

 

    Shrugging off the little voice screaming « danger » in a corner of her head, Sunny let the blonde girl do whatever she wanted who took advantage and brought her back to her, pressing her head against her shoulder. She rubbed tenderly the red hair whereas her other hand went down her back to do the same thing.

All while leaving Sunny bury her nose in the fine hair and breath their delicate perfume while she was tentatively circling her waist.

 

 "Are you feeling better?" Taeyeon whispered against her cheek.

 

    "Hm," Sunny whimpered weakly sending a shiver beside her ear and down the leader’s spine.

 

Sunny knew she didn’t deserve all of that. This warmth, this comfort but didn’t have she the right to closer her eyes five seconds just to have the strength to push her away then?

 

"Sunny"

 

"Hm?"

 

"I broke up with Baekhyun."

 

Brown eyes widened for few seconds before they regained their previous forms. Heart beginning to vibrate again.

 

Don’t get too excited about it. It doesn’t mean anything.

 

"Why?" She answered simply.

 

The taller took a long breath. "He is not the good one for me."

 

Sunny pulled back from the embrace and nodded strongly. "I agree. He doesn’t deserve you."

 

"Oh?" Taeyeon smiled, walking her fingers on the beautiful woman’s face. 

 

Sunny shuddered in contact with the hot fingers. "He is simply not the ideal type who matches with you." She shrugged.

 

"Then, who have you in mind?" Taeyeon’s eyes were black and so intense that Sunny surprised herself to admire her under the glory of the stars. In all her fragile beauty.

 

"I don’t know. Just-" Her thumb brushed against her lips and it’s at this moment that Sunny realized how close their faces were.

 

"Just tell me." Taeyeon whispered suavely, her breath burning and full of alcool spurring Sunny to talk.

 

She her lips coming back to her senses. "You need someone who knows how to take care of you."

 

"I agree." Smiled Taeyeon, eyes semi-closed carried away by Sunny’s voice.

 

"Strong." 

 

"Yes."

 

"But tender at the same time."

 

Taeyeon nodded.

 

"And who can make you smile like before."

 

    The blonde’s eyes opened again searching for the red’s ones who was carefully avoiding those two piercing orbs.

 

She gazed long at Sunny, clear surprise on her face. She knew what this look meant but preferred to ignore it. Her head was way too hurting her and she did not want to embarrass herself once more with useless comments.

 

    Her spirit was fogging more and more; she almost didn’t distinguish the truth from the reality and the caresses on the back of her neck massaging her slowly all while her hair were sending millions of sparkles down each part of her body.

 

"Then who must be in my heart?" Taeyeon muttered, breath brushing against Sunny’s ajar lips.

 

"I don’t know." Sunny diverted her eyes.

 

    Too dangerous.

 

Taeyeon forced her to look at her, taking her chin between her fingers shortening more and more the distance between them. 

 

    "I love you Sunny."

 

Ah…She had been waiting for those words since a long time.

 

"Do not fool me." The latter retorted sharply trying to free herself from her grip.

 

"No!" The blonde cried out while catching her up. She took a long jerky deep breath and immersed her teary eyes in the red’s ones, contrasting with her smile as if she was not believing it. "t’s you. It always has been."

 

Sunny stayed silent, confused and the heart beating loudly with this sudden confession which seemed very true.

 

    "You gotta believe me, Soonkyu." Taeyeon continued tightening her grip on her wrists until their fingers were intwined.

 

    Everything was moving too quickly and Sunny didn’t understand anything. The fire mixing with the butterflies were running along her stomach twirling toward her heart and making her very bad.

 

Taeyeon pressed their foreheads together, the breath soaked with alcool reflecting on Sunny’s lips. "I really love you."

 

    She sounds way too sober after drinking so much in such a short time. Or maybe is she pitying me.

 

Sunny shook her head from the dark thoughts invading her mind.

 

    Those same hands squeezed her cheeks and Sunny closed her eyes against this so familiar touch, too close to be a simple consolation. The other young woman sighed in content and sank forward her until their lips touched each other.

 

It was soft but bitter at the same time. No the first thing Taeyeon would have thought while kissing Sunny. But maybe the alcool stil existent on her lips was contributing to it. Her first instinct was to lean even more forward wanting the most contact with Sunny and she slid instinctively her hand toward the back of her neck spurring her on to continue. But Sunny did the opposite while leaning back brusquely.

 

"Sorry," She exhaled shakily. "I don’t know why I-"

 

Taeyeon cut her taking her face between her fingers. "No. Let’s continue." She pressed slightly their lips together. "I want to do it."

 

    Sunny protested until Taeyeon pried their lips together and she obliged in silence. The blonde tightened her hug on the other woman’s neck and the latter placed awkwardly her hands on her hips relaxing more and more under the oldest lips caresses. Lowering one more time her guard whereas she promised herself to maintain the most of distance between them.

 

A moan resonated in once the tip of Taeyeon’s tongue moved on her lower lip and Sunny couldn’t resist the assaults on once again. The wet contact between their mouths and the burning fire was creating a weird sensation and she wondered if she could control herself. After all, both of them were drunk, Taeyeon definitively more than her (ou maybe the contrary) therefore why not letting herself taunt?

 

"Hm," She heard the blonde whimper when their tongues grazed each other.

 

Sunny broke away to take her breath before Taeyeon brought her back, grabbing her by the collar of her shirt not wanting to lose this hot contact in all her body - echoing through her veins and beating at the same rhythm than her heart’s.

Sunny answered with the same intensity forgetting the danger sign she had just crossed. 

 

    Lips still stuck, Taeyeon straightened and crawled until her legs were each side of Sunny’s hips who tensed instantly. The blonde’s movements were way too vivid and mechanical for her to be only intoxicated by the alcool.

 

    "Taeyeon ah," Sunny said merely breaking the kiss.

 

"Shh.." Taeyeon answered kissing many times the corner of Sunny's lips before dragging her lips toward the girl’s neck under her.

 

    Sinking in more and more heavily toward her tormentor, Sunny slid her hands down the girl’s thighs encouraging her obliviously to pursue whereas they had to cease this at all cost. That would be a error to go further.

 

    "I love you." 

 

Sunny cursed her heart to still beat loudly on those words. 

 

Taeyeon afresh pressed her lips against Sunny while the latter was still in her thoughts. The same little voice playing over and over in her head.

 

"I really do love you, Sunny." Taeyeon mumbled putting more kisses in the woman’s neck.

 

    Yes, but until when?

 

"You’re the only one for me." 

 

    Until the next one shows up.

 

Taeyeon pressed a last kiss behind the youngest ear who was struggling to not close her eyes as the pleasure was evident but the words uncertain. 

 

    She would never love you as much as you do.

 

Sunny shook briskly her head trying to push away the negative thoughts away from her mind.

 

Taeyeon lowered her hands on Sunny’s shirt tipping the fabric with her fingertips but without much meaning while her lips were still glued on her skin.

 

    Or else, she will never love you.

 

Taeyeon sat up straight to stare right in Sunny’s eyes and smiled at her lovingly before leading her in another kiss. 

 

Sunny didn’t answer this time.

 

    Taeyeon pulled on her lower lip and Sunny broke away, holding her off gently away from her. The younger woman confused, sputtered out words not understanding this sudden change of attitude.

 

"Huh? Did I do something w-?"

 

Sunny parted from the blonde but the latter followed having a hard time to make sense about her buddy’s behavior.

 

"Sunny ah, what’s wrong?" 

 

The concerned one stared at Taeyeon a moment; semi-closed eyes and a little dizzy.

 

She smiled sadly.

 

    I’m a fool.

 

She the alcool still lingering on her wet lips and gazed down the ground absently.

 

A soft hand touched her cheek. "Sunny?"

 

Taeyeon smoothly her cheek with her thumb and Sunny melt under the touch.

 

"Stop it." She managed to articulate when Taeyeon approached her face. "It’s wrong."

 

"What do you mean?" Taeyeon answered trying to find Sunny’s eyes.

 

"You’re drunk. And so I am." Sunny retorted sharply. The best was to stay tough in order to get away for real.

 

"N-No!" Taeyeon exclaimed on the verge of crying. She grabbed Sunny’s face between her hands. "I love you. I really do."

 

Sunny didn’t have the time to say something than a pair of lips covered her own immediately. A hurried kiss wanting to express many things but now meaningless for Sunny.

 

    Taking a deep breath inwardly, she took away the hands caressing her cheeks and broke the kiss but stubborn, Taeyeon kept their foreheads stuck together. Shakily but slipping hot smoked breath. 

 

    "I was never drunk, you know." 

 

Sunny looked up toward Taeyeon’s eyes and saw nothing else than truth. With love.

 

"And I know you know it." Taeyeon carried on, voice shattering under each syllables. "So why won’t you believe me?"

 

    Her voice still had the capacity to slip in through Sunny’s heart touching her directly in the place where it was hurting her the most. There was only one solution to lock the doors for ever.

 

"That’s because..." Sunny started. Taeyeon looked up, eyes eager and so hopeful to know. 

 

    One of us would end heartbroken.

 

"I am with someone else."

 

    She concluded on a low but steady tone and seeing Taeyeon’s expression she guessed it was her heart she heard shatter in pieces.

 

    Taeyeon’s warmth hands left her skin.

 

Sunny stayed silent, calm, heart heavy but light at the same time.

 

"Who is it?"

 

Sunny diverted her eyes.

 

"Who, Soonkyu." Taeyeon repeated in a rough tone, restraining herself to not make spit the words out Sunny’s mouth.

 

"It’s none of your business." Sunny stood up wanting to leave the terrace and Taeyeon for good.

 

    At last that what she thought before Taeyeon roughly clutched her hand while she stood up after her.

 

"Why are you behaving like this with me?"

 

    Sunny did not move so Taeyeon went on.

 

"Why am I feeling like you’re not standing by my sides anymore. Like the old times. And way too before the-"

 

    "Because you doesn’t need me anymore, Taeyeon." 

 

    Taeyeon.

 

The blonde shook vigorously her head and tightened her hold on Sunny’s wrist.

 

"What are you talking about? I- I need you!"

 

"Good bye, Taeyeon." Sunny answered on a so monotone tone devoid all of emotions that Taeyeon did not recognize her Sunny anymore.

 

    Sunny removed her hands off Taeyeon’s and the warmth with her, she went away without turning around a last time - Taeyeon full of distress.

 

"Sunny…" She murmured, wanting to catch her but legs falling to follow, wanting to hug her but arms staying by her sides.

 

She sat back on the bench not understanding what just happened. The only thing she figured out what that her body was cold and her muscles tensed.

 

    Everything that was compensating Sunny was not with her anymore.

And it’s in the moment she looked up the sky that she finally cried.

 

 

"Seems like I lost my star."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

    Sunny walked calmly inside the house where the party was still going on fully, members screaming and dancing breathlessly not aware about the events from outside.

 

She strode over cans and beer bottles not forgetting to take one in her walk, rejected Tiffany who wanted to pick her in a Just Dance round and ignored Yoona who was calling her until she closed the door behind her.

 

    She inspired deeply and walked toward her bedroom. Closed the door shut. Buried in darkness. Everything was quiet and peaceful. Only her shaky breathing could be heard.

She closed her eyes. Then slid her hand in her pocket where she took off her phone.

Composing quietly her number, she brought her phone against her ear drinking several sips from the bottle.

 

"Yes?"  Was heard a half asleep and hoarse voice.

 

Sunny felt her heart swelled up to the sound of this voice. She tried to seem the most neutral possible and calmed down the sobs in her voice.

 

"I left her."

 

"What?" There was a movement on the other side of the line.

 

"I gave up."

 

A pause. Then an another sentence.

 

"Come at my house. Right now."

 

"It’s okay, Sica." Sunny smiled a little while nearing the window where she could observe the numerous stars illuminating the sky but reviving nothing more inside her.

 

 

 

 

"I am done loving her."

 

 

 

 

 

Fin.