Lips of a saint.

Lips of a saint.

Again.” Namjoon said angrily.

Jimin looked up from his spot on the couch to look at his angry director slightly annoyed.

We have been doing this scene for 3 hours now. Can we please have a break. I think I speak for all of us if I say we are starving.”

No you don't get food until you nail this scene. What is so hard about this. Just convince me you are in love with her, that is all I want.” Namjoon got up from his seat and walked onto the stage.

I am trying. I have been trying for the last 3 hours.” Jimin gets up from his spot on the couch.

Well it is not working. Do you want me to show you how it's done?” Namjoon is now stood in front of Jimin. Jimin looks up to Namjoon's angry eyes meeting his glare head on.

Yes, oh mighty director, show the horrible actor how it's done please.” Jimin mocks Namjoon. Namjoon huffs and pushes Jimin to the side sitting down on the couch next to the actress.

Jimin walks off the stage and sits down on Namjoon's director chair. Namjoon follows the orange haired boy with his eyes and glares when Jimin sits down quickly diverting his attention to the actress trying to focus on showing Jimin how it's done.

-

Jimin and Namjoon met during the first audition Jimin did for this play. When Jimin walked in Namjoon had taken a long look at his profile in front of him questioning how such a young boy could have done all of that. Looking back up Jimin was looking at him shyly as if asking for instructions.

Name, age, part you are reading for and what scene you will be performing please.” Namjoon said.

Park Jimin, 20, Romeo and I decided to do Scene 1 from the exit of Montague and Lady Montague.” Namjoon raised his eyes. He turned over some of the pages of his script looking for the scene Jimin was talking about.

I will speak the part of Benvolio.” Jimin nodded and got ready screaming on the inside. It doesn't matter how many times you do auditions and how many parts you actually get, it will always be nerve wrecking during the first audition. He really wanted this job never having played any of the playwrights plays professionally. When his agent told him about this opportunity to audition for this production he almost hugged her to death.

Good-morrow, cousin.” Namjoon started.

Is the day so young?” Jimin answered dreamily. He had practised his lines multiple times with his housemate and best friend Taehyung and in his head already said the next line before it came from Namjoon's lips. “But new struck nine”

Ay me! sad hours seem long. Was that my father that went hence so fast?” Jimin cursed in his head. The line had rolled of his tongue too fast and too easy forgetting about reaction time. He tried to not let the director and his producers know what just happened and waited for the next line.

Namjoon chuckled in himself seeing the boy ears go red after he messed up. Quickly carrying on hoping the cute boy would not make any mistakes again because he liked him.

It was. What sadness lengthens Romeo's hours?” Namjoon asked Jimin, looking up quickly to see the boy let out a sigh of both love and relieve and go on with his part a little more energetic.

Not having that, which, having, makes them short.” Jimin feels good about his acting after the first screw up.

In love?” Namjoon stopped reading the script, knowing it by heart, concentrating on Jimin and his acting abilities. Jimin looked him straight in the eyes and boldly deviated a little from the common way of delivering his next line, loosing a little bit of the dreamy, in love, look in his eyes.

Out--” He said.

Of love?” Namjoon replied quickly.

Out of her favour, where I am in love.” Jimin said still looking straight into Namjoon's dark eyes. Jimin definitely got his confidence back and waited for his time to shine.

Alas, that love, so gentle in his view, should be so tyrannous and rough in proof!” Namjoon looked back into Jimin's eyes questioning.

Alas, that love, whose view is muffled still,” Jimin looked away from Namjoon's eyes letting out a unnoticed sigh of relieve that he got through it.

“Should, without eyes, see pathways to his will!

Where shall we dine? O me! What fray was here?

Yet tell me not, for I have heard it all.

Here's much to do with hate, but more with love.

Why, then, O brawling love! O loving hate!” Jimin continued. Namjoon looked at the boy with growing intrigue. He liked how the actor made the lines role of his lips like they really were his thoughts not just written script. Jimin managed to make the scene dramatic but not overly heavy like a lot of the other actors he had seen that day had managed to do.

“O any thing, of nothing first create!

O heavy lightness! serious vanity!

Mis-shapen chaos of well-seeming forms!

Feather of lead, bright smoke, cold fire,

sick health!

Still-waking sleep, that is not what it is!

This love feel I, that feel no love in this.

Dost thou not laugh?” Jimin ended looking at Namjoon questioningly.

Let's stop right here. Thank you for auditioning. We will contact your agent about any further involvement in the project.” Namjoon said. Jimin smiled and left the room quickly.

-

He got the role easily. Jimin jumped for joy, literally, when he heard that he got the part. He didn't have to do any call backs because, according to Namjoon, none of the other actors came even close to his level of emotion and immersion. The rehearsals started a week after, giving Jimin enough time to learn all his lines, not that he needed to, playing Romeo was his dream role.

The first day of rehearsal had been interesting to say the least. He had met his Juliet, a girl new to the acting world obviously in her first big role. She was shy and timid and too afraid to lose this job to act boldly and daringly. Jimin didn't mind her she was nice enough and a good actress that listened well to the director.

Actually meeting Namjoon for the first time was the interesting part about the day. He walked up to Namjoon to formally introduce himself.

Hello nice to actually meet you I hope we can have a good time working together, my name is Park Jimin.”

I'm Kim Namjoon welcome.” Namjoon had grumbled in his low voice not making eye contact.

They worked well together; Jimin was a good actor that would bring in his own opinions but took orders quite well and Namjoon was a good director listening to his actors and knowing what works and what doesn't. It all changed however when they came to scene five, the party scene.

Namjoon apparently didn't like any of the things he did complaining about how he didn't believe the love at all. They had been working on the scene ever since 3 o'clock and everybody was tired and hungry which led to Jimin's outburst and Namjoon walking up on the stage to show him how it's done.

Jimin sat down and Namjoon started the scene with the actress.

If I profane with my unworthiest hand

This holy shrine, the gentle fine is this:

My lips, two blushing pilgrims, ready stand

To smooth that rough touch with a tender kiss.” Namjoon started and looked her in the eyes definitely trying to act to be in love, Jimin grinned.

Good pilgrim, you do wrong your hand too much,

Which mannerly devotion shows in this;

For saints have hands that pilgrims' hands do touch,

And palm to palm is holy palmers' kiss.” She replied and looked him in the eyes emotions mixing but with a definite undertone of love.

Have not saints lips, and holy palmers too?” Namjoon replied scooting a little closer to her so that they were almost touching.

Ay, pilgrim, lips that they must use in prayer.” She didn't budge from her seat and kept looking Namjoon in the eyes. Jimin starts feeling a little strange. It is a feeling he is not used to.

O, then, dear saint, let lips do what hands do;

They pray, grant thou, lest faith turn to despair.” Namjoon continued. Jimin decided he definitely didn't imagine the strange twisting of his stomach.

Saints do not move, though grant for prayers' sake.” She moved ever so slightly closer.

Then move not, while my prayer's effect I take.

Thus from my lips, by yours, my sin is purged.” Namjoon moved in and softly touched her unmoving lips with his own, quickly pulling away and looking at Jimin pointedly. Jimin looked him straight in the eyes and for the second time that hour his stomach turned in an unfamiliar twist.

Thank you for showing me. I will do better tomorrow.” Jimin said getting up and walking to the door.

 

Jimin was on the couch, shirtless and with a beer in his hand. Taehyung was also on the couch, shirtless and a beer in hand. They always did this on Thursdays just hang out watch crap television and drink some beers while talking about what they were gonna do this weekend. They had been friends for years and had been living together for two of them, both getting so used to the other one there that things like shirts, and sometimes trousers, were not needed, especially on hot days like today. Sometimes Taehyung's cute boyfriend Jungkook would join them but today it was just the two of them currently watching say yes to the dress and commentating on the horrible dress the current bride-to-be was wearing.

The bell rang and they looked at each other wearily.

Were you expecting someone?” Taehyung asked.

No. You?” Taehyung just raised his shoulders and shook his head.

It might be Kookie. I'll go open the door.” Taehyung got up, still shirtless, and with his beer in hand. He walked out into the hallway out of sight from Jimin, and Jimin went back to looking at the TV. Jimin heard Taehyung open the door and then a surprised shriek before Taehyung runs back into the living room and quickly grabs a blanket to cover up.

Who is it?” Jimin asked turning off the TV.

Well..... I didn't mean to interrupt anything.” Jimin’s eyes widened comically and he slowly turned his head. In the doorway was Namjoon, jacket on bag over his shoulder.

Wha...wha.. how do you..” Jimin stuttered. Namjoon rubbed the back of his neck.

I thought that maybe we could work on the scene some more, maybe talk about it. I was a little mean to you today and I am sorry for that and I also wanted to tell you that but if you are busy with your... boyfriend.....” Namjoon trailed of. Jimin finally found his voice again.

Namjoon-sshi meet my roommate and best friend Kim Taehyung, Tae meet my director and pain in the Kim Namjoon.”

Taehyung took the opportunity to look Namjoon up and down and walked up to him dropping the blanket. He walked around Namjoon and when he was certain Namjoon couldn't see him but Jimin could he put his thumbs up and winked at Jimin pointing at Namjoon. Coming back around to the front Taehyung held out his hand and shook Namjoon's.

Nice to meet you hyung, and now if you will excuse me I am going to put on a shirt and go on my planned visit to my boyfriend.” He walked away from the flabbergasted and blushing Namjoon. Jimin only now realised that he was still not wearing a shirt and quickly ran after Taehyung mumbling something to Namjoon about making himself comfortable and that he would be right back.

Namjoon sits down on the couch awkwardly wondering what he was doing here again. Oh yeah his idiot friends Hoseok and Yoongi had dared him to proof that he felt nothing for Jimin, by going over and talk about the kissing scene without any butterflies. Jimin came back in a tank top and Taehyung on his heels dressed and ready to leave.

Bye hyung it was nice to meet you.” Taehyung left and the apartment was filled with an awkward silence.

D-do you want anything to drink Namjoon-sshi?”

No thank you and please call me hyung, your friend already does.”

Don't mind him he does it with everybody.” Jimin smiled fondly thinking of his mad housemate. Namjoon caught that and a little part of him starts turning and he pushes it down telling himself he doesn't have feelings for the actor. Jimin sits down next to Namjoon on the small couch legs just barely touching.

So your friend seems nice.” Jimin looked up from his lap.

He is.” Jimin smiles and Namjoon coughs. The little part that keeps turning is back and it becomes harder and harder to push it back.

So why did you come here exactly hyung?” Jimin asked picking up his half full bottle of beer again and taking a sip. All Namjoon can do is stare at Jimin's neck swallowing the liquid.

To talk about the scene. To make sure tomorrow we won't waste so much time.”

Okey what do you wanna talk about.”

The kiss. You are a good actor and the emotion is all there when you talk to her but the kiss seems a little off. It just doesn't feel right. Have you ever had a real kiss before?” Jimin's eyes widen.

Not with a girl.” Namjoon's heart jumps a little.

Not from a girl?”

I am gay hyung, and very much so.” Namjoon's heart makes a somersault at Jimin's confession.

Maybe you can pretend that she is the guy you are currently crushing on.” Jimin blushes a nice pink and looks down.

That is impossible.”

Why?” Namjoon looks at him questioningly. The question is left in the air and jimin goes very red, he gets up and walks to the bedroom door.

You can let yourself out hyung. See you tomorrow.” Namjoon jumps up after him and closes the door before Jimin can open it fully.

Why is that impossible Jimin? We have to get through this scene and do it well.” Jimin looks down to the ground and mumbles something.

What? I didn't catch that.” Namjoon moves his head lower to try and catch what Jimin was mumbling.

You are my crush hyung.” Jimin mumbles and Namjoon can just hear it.

What did you say? I still didn't catch that.” Namjoon says with a wide smile on his face.

I CAN'T BECAUSE IT'S YOU YOU .....” Jimin almost screams into Namjoon's face before being cut of by a soft pair of lips on his. It takes him a couple of seconds to realise what is happening and Namjoon takes the opportunity to push him against the door with both hands on either side of his head. Jimin's eyes flutter shut and he kisses back, putting pressure against Namjoon's soft lips. Jimin feels Namjoon's lips widen in a grin. They pull away, foreheads still touching, and Namjoon's big hand comes down to hold on to his face softly.

Thank you for telling me. Now we can work on how to get past this barrier.” Namjoon smirks and Jimin would love to hit it right of but chooses the nicer way. He puts his arm round Namjoon's neck and pulls him down for another kiss.

Let's start with some practice hyung. So that I don't make you jealous tomorrow kissing her.” Namjoon just growls.