one

yes i'm a bad boy

Jeongguk sighs, resting his head on his desk. Only thirty more minutes, he thinks to himself. It's not that he hates math, oh no. It's just that his class is stressful. It's not like he asked to be in an advanced ing math class full of upperclassmen, he'd rather listen to Taehyung ramble about his weird avengers fanfiction for 3 hours (he's been through it before, its horrifying). His parents seem to think it was a great idea though. It doesn't help that Jeongguk has a limited circle of friends, all 3 of them refusing to take "loser math" as they affectionately call it. They're the only ones who weren't terrified of him.

 

Somehow, the entire school thinks Jeongguk is some kind of delinquent. So what if he likes the color black and leather jackets more than usual? Or that he has enough piercings to drive metal detectors crazy? That doesn't make him a bad kid, but somehow the entire student body is convinced that Jeon Jeongguk is a dangerous rebel. The fact that Jeongguk severely lacks any kind of human social skill probably doesn't help his case, as Taehyung loves to about.

 

He glances at the clock once again. Twenty minutes to go. He considers slamming his head into the wall, at least he'd be more entertained by that.

 

He sneaks his phone out of his jacket pocket, slipping it under his desk. Maybe beating his high score on Love Live! (yes he knows he's playing a game about japanese pop idol school girls, sue him) would make time pass faster. He's so gonna beat Taehyung's this time. Or at least he was, until he hears an irritated sounding cough coming from the front of the room. He looks up to see Mr. Kwon, his balding math teacher from hell, scowling at him. "Mr. Jeon, I see you've forgotten our no cell phone policy?" he says in a mocking voice, eyebrow raised questioningly. Jeongguk sits up in his chair, reluctantly turning off his phone and handing it to the teacher. "Sorry sir," he says flatly, though clearly anybody could see that he wasn't the least bit sorry.

 

The bell rings, ending class after what seemed like hours. Jeongguk almost cries in relief. As he shoves his books back into his bag, he glances over to the row of desks next to his, the very last desk on the row to be specific. He watches as Park Jimin, a cheerful and friendly junior, packs up his desk. Jeongguk sighs. He's been crushing on him for forever, probably longer than Jimin himself has been crushing on another kid. That "kid" is Min Yoongi, a sleepy senior who coincidentally has ended up in the same class as both him and Jimin. Jeongguk can't stand him. Nothing annoys him more than Min Yoongi's trademark bluntness and pompous attitude. He has no idea what Jimin sees in that grumpy punk. 

 

As Jeongguk walks to his teacher's desk to grab his phone, he sees Jimin nervously pass by rows of desks to stop in front of Yoongi's. Jeongguk quietly shuffles back to his desk, taking an unnecessary amount of time to grab his bag in order to listen in on their conversation.  

 

Jimin seems nervous, Jeonguuk can see his hands shaking all the way from his own desk. "Y-you wanted to talk after class?" Jimin stutters nervously. He can see Yoongi, being the pompous that he is, casually tipping his chair back and eyeing Jimin lazily. "Yeah. Look Jimin, I know you like me," Jimin's eyes widen almost comically. Jeongguk holds his breath. Before Jimin can get anything out, Yoongi continues. "Sorry kid, you're not my type. I was getting sick of the lovesick puppy stares though, so I had to say something."

 

Jeongguk clenches his fists angrily. He decides to do something Very Stupid.

 

The loud scraping sound of a chair being pushed in interrupts the two.

 

Yoongi's eyes widen, falling on Jeongguk with surprise (and probably a bit of fear). Jimin looks behind him, and looks even more surprised than Yoongi. Jeongguk walks up to them with his bag carelessly thrown over his shoulder. He knows he's intimidating. He's decked out in a black leather jacket, ripped black jeans, and silver ear piercings to top it all off, further adding to the stupid rumors that the other students make about him.


"Hey babe," he says, slinging his arm around Jimin's shoulders. He tilts his chin towards Yoongi. "This guy giving you any trouble?" He hopes to god that they can't hear his heart pounding crazily. He's never spoken to Jimin once, and now he's calling him "babe"? He silently prays for himself.


"Sorry bro, he's taken," Jeongguk continues, smirking at Yoongi. "O-oh I'm so sorry.. I didn't mean- never mind," Yoongi mumbles, almost falling out of his seat. He scurries away faster than Jeongguk's ever seen him move in his entire life.


He unhooks his arm from Jimin's shoulders and grins. "You just saved my life," Jimin sighs. "Thanks, uh-"



"Jeon Jeongguk" he says, flashing a bright smile. He doesn't know how in the world he pulled that off, he must have been a saint in a past life, which is great and all, except now he's totally ed. He can barely order pizza online, how is he gonna survive actually talking to his three year crush?

 

Jimin smiles back at him, and Jeongguk know's he's probably gonna die. How the hell does anyone look like that? He looks like an angel or some , the ? "You're a sophomore, right? And you're the kid who dances! You're amazing!" Jimin gushes, oblivious to Jeongguk's internal meltdown.



Jeongguk stares dumbly at him. Jimin clears his throat, and Jeongguk remembers that he should probably say something. He can feel his ears burning. "I'm not that good, sunbae," he mumbles. "Oh, it's sunbae now? What happened to 'babe'?" Jimin smiles, poking him teasingly. "You can just call me hyung, Jeongguk," he ruffles Jeongguk's hair.



Jeongguk ducks his head down. "I said that to save you hyung," he grumbles, cheeks burning. Jimin laughs. "Thanks though, really. That was so humiliating," Jimin sighs.  "It's okay hyung," Jeonguuk says, awkwardly patting his shoulder, unsure of how to comfort him. "At least he thinks you're dating a cool guy like me," he almost chokes on the word "cool", but Jimin didn't seem to notice. 


Jimin sinks into his desk chair, shoulders shaking from laughter. "Oh yeah, you-you're so cool Jeongguk," Jimin gasps out. His eyes tear up from laughing so hard.


"I'm way ing cool hyung, why are you laughing?" Jeongguk says defensively. "Yeah," Jimin wheezes, "says the kid who raps about the sine formula."


, he swore nobody was around when he did that. "That was one time, how else would I remember it?" Jeongguk glares at him. Jimin just smiles. "You're cute, Jeongukkie."


Jeongguk tries not to die in his seat. Jeongguk? Cute? He's more badass than cute, but hey he'll take what he can get. "Whatever hyung," he mumbles. "And don't call me that."


"Gukkie," Jimin coos, ruffling his hair again. Jeongguk swats his hands away, scowling at the nickname. "Anyways, you owe me now," he smiles sinisterly at Jimin. Jimin shudders. "Wh-what do I owe you?" Jimin stutters, thinking of all the times Hoseok has told him the rumors about Jeongguk. He prays that Jeongguk isn't actually a violent criminal like everyone says.


"You have to buy me ice cream," Jeongguk smiles at Jimin unnervingly.

 

Jimin bursts out laughing. Jeongguk is definitely not anything like what the rumors say. "That's it? Okay, let's go-" Jeongguk puts a finger to Jimin's lips. "And," he says, grinning even wider, "you're paying for ALL of it. Don't underestimate my eating skills, hyung."


Jimin might not be terrified anymore, but he could still feel his poor wallet crying already. For some reason though, he didn't mind all that much. "Let's go then, gukkie-ah."

 

Jeongguk silently fist pumps when Jimin's not looking. He may not be able to order pizza online, but hell, he scored free ice cream with the cutest boy he knows.