Chapter 3

Opposites Distract (Jungkook x Yoojung)

SORRY FOR THE DELAY. I love you all TuT

 

==

 

 

*Chapter 3*

 
"Are you always like that?"
 
"Aren't you happy that you're with the most handsome guy here in our city?"
 
"Yah, not interested? You really won't talk?"
 
I stared for a while before I rolled my eyes and definitely ignored Jungkook. It was unlikely for me to go somewhere with someone I don't like, but my annoyance with my dad made me go with him.
 
"Yah, Jeon. Why me?" I suddenly asked after I took a sip on my soda.
 
He flashed an obviously amused smile at me. "You remember my surname, not interested?"
 
"Yes, so what?" I asked like it wasn't a big deal. It's been five days since I first met him so there's no way that I could forget his name.
 
"Nothing. It's unlikely for you to remember people that's why I'm surprised."
 
I frowned at him. "How can you say that? Have... have we met before?"
 
He gave me a meaningful smile. "Have you seen someone so handsome before like me? If not, then I guess we haven't met before."
 
"Why do you always bring up your so-called handsomeness?" I asked. "It's really annoying, you know."
 
"I'm just telling the truth. Since when did being honest become so bad?" He retorted back.
 
"It's really bad if it's coming from you. You're such an arrogant and annoying mundane." I took another sip from my soda's glass and eventually finished it until its last drop.
 
"Do you really want to know why I keep on bugging you?" I nodded at him. He stared at me for a while like he was studying me.
 
"Because you look like a dragon when you're annoyed. I really like to make fun of you because you look like there's a fire coming out of your nose." I glared at him when he said that. This freaking arrogant guy!
 
He laughed at me after he saw my reaction. This guy's really getting into my nerves.
 
"I should go home. It's a bit late." I said, and he eventually stopped me.
 
"I'll take you home." He said just in time as I stood up.
 
I looked at him hesitantly. It's unlikely for him to be a gentleman.
 
"No, thanks. I could handle myself." I said, trying to shush him again.
 
"I know you could, I just want to make sure that you'll arrive home safely." He insisted.
 
"You really won't stop, huh? You're wasting your time on me, you know?" He walked behind me as we went out of the convinience store. His hands were tucked in his pockets and he walked beside me.
 
"Yoojung-ah, how can you say that spending time with you means wasting anyone's time?" He suddenly asked.
 
"Because I'm not worth anyone's time. That's it." I answered him surely.
 
I heard him hissed under his breath for what I said. There's no way that he's disagreeing with what I said.
 
Jeon Jungkook is definitely not in the same world as mine. He has everything, I have nothing. I don't even think that our worlds would ever collide.
 
Minutes of silence have passed and we finally arrived at my place. "So... bye." I said to him.
 
He barely smiled at me but he nodded. "Yeah, it was nice to drink soda with you."
 
He turned his back on me and started walking away.
 
"Jungkook?"
 
He stopped walking and he looked back.
 
"Yeah?" He asked.
 
"Thank you for this night."