time zones.

you in heart.

Title: time zones.
Warning(s): flUFF??? un-proofread.
Inspiration: simple plan's jet lag.


It's three in the morning when Youjin's phone vibrates violently where it laid on his bedside table, a familiar voice singing out from the device. Youjin is jolted awake, and he groans a little as he slaps about the table's surface, searching blindly for his phone. And when he finds it, he brings it to his ear, swiping the screen across to answer without a glance at the caller's ID.

He grunts as a greeting, not able to do much else in his dazed state.

"Morning, Youjin-hyung! Rise and shine!"

Youjin inhales, lets out a large yawn, rubbing his eyes, trying but failing to contain the smile that slowly made it's way onto his lips.

"It's three a.m. here, Inseong."

"Is it? It's three in the afternoon here."

Inseong sounds genuinely surprised, and Youjin rolls his eyes. Of course Inseong would be. The guy probably forgot there was a thing called a time zone. That is when Youjin registers his boyfriend's heavy breaths, the muffled coughs as the receiver was brought away from Inseong.

"How's the tour going?"

Youjin is silent, nodding to himself, as he listens to Inseong prattle on excitedly about his experiences and adventures. He speaks of the fans, of amazing locations he wished Youjin would've seen with him. He goes on and on, seemingly running on an infinite amount of breath, despite having just rehearsed. It was as though he hadn't just being screaming his lungs out as he hit the high notes, or jumped about as he practiced the elaborate dance for their stage.

And then unexpectedly, Inseong stops.

"I miss you, hyung."

It's Youjin's turn to be genuinely surprised, and in a good way. His smile falters, and the bed feels a little colder. He rolls onto his back, staring up at the dark ceiling, then looks to his side, where the bed remained empty and untouched. He answers the other as he continues to gaze at the space.

"I miss you too."

Right then, Youjin hears Inseong's name being called over the phone, asking for the singer to be ready for another round of rehearsals. His heart sinks a little and his frown deepens. He braces himself for the next words.

"I have to go."

Youjin tries not to be disappointed - the last time they'd seen one another had been three weeks ago, before his boyfriend had left on the world tour. He hums a response, unable to tell Inseong to do so, because it would be a lie.

There is a pause, just silence hanging between them, besides the laboured breaths Inseong is letting out. Youjin can almost see the younger staring at the stage he had been dreaming of for years, sweating from the rehearsal and tired, but elated at the sight of the fans that filed into the seats.

"Hey, Youjin-hyung?"

The called man hums once again, a hand over tired eyes.

There's the sound of rustling over the line, and then in a hushed voice, an exaggerated whisper, Inseong spoke.

"I love you."

In the darkness, Youjin breaks out into a smile, a warm feeling bursting in his chest. He laughs breathlessly, listening as Inseong bid him farewell in a hasty manner, obviously embarrassed. He continues to listen as Inseong 'sends him a flying kiss', And he leaves his phone against his ear as Inseong hangs up.

Then silently, Youjin whispers back.

"I love you too, silly."


a/n: first drabble yas. i haven't written in a long time pls bear with me.

i hope you enjoyed. //slapped.