Unsure

Unsure
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I’ve had a rough day. Time for Netflix and takeout.” you said to your friend A-Tom.

Today was almost the beginning of the end of your senior year in high school & you were feeling stressed out from everything from grades, graduating, & trying to figure out what college you wanted to attend.

Once the school day ended, you & A-Tom went to go grab yourselves something to munch on from one of the school's vending machines.

“Netflix?” A-Tom asked curiously. “You're not gonna go to prom tonight?”

When you both arrived at a vending machine, you pulled 2 bucks out of your wallet & got what you usually ate after school. “I didn't plan on going. I mean, I've thought about going but I'm not going.”

After A-Tom got himself something from the vending machine, he followed you to your locker so you could put away everything you didn't need for the weekend.

“How come? It's our last week of being seniors & this last prom is like a really big deal to most of the seniors here. After tonight, the beginning of adulthood starts basically." He said as he took a bite out of his sugar cookie.

“A-Tom," you chuckled. "I just don't wanna go. The right person hasn't even asked me yet & if I ask him, he'll probably say "no" & make up an excuse as to why he "wish" I would've asked sooner." Once you put away your things, you & A-Tom began walking home.

“You don't actually need a date you know. You could just go with friends like the single people in movies do.”

“I guess.” you mumbled.

“What's this "right guy" like anyway hm?" A-Tom playfully poked your sides, causing you to giggle a bit & blush. "Do I know him?"

You shrugged your shoulders at A-Tom's second question & began vaguely describing the guy you wanted to take you to prom. 

"I won't reveal a lot... But he's funny, he dresses nicely.... A little odd sometimes, but nicely. He's in 3 of my classes, & he's a cool dude." You smiled to yourself as you were thinking of your crush.

A-Tom wiggled his eyebrows as he confidently responded with, "Sounds like me."

You raised a brow & chuckled as you playfully shoved A-Tom's shoulder. "Boy, please. Besides, don't you have a date for the prom already? ”

"I was supposed to go with Nakta since he didn't get any luck finding a date. But when he did get a date, he told me I could still join him & his girl, but I didn't wanna be the third wheel so I told him no. But yeah, I'm going." He smiled.

Your eyes grew big when you were still stuck on how A-Tom said that Nakta had gotten himself a date. It's not that he's unattractive or anything, he just has a hard time getting girls that's all. “Wow..." You thought out loud.

"Wow, what?" A-Tom said.

“Nakta's always been awkward with girls & around girls, so I'm surprised that he got a date." You chuckled.

"Same, but I'm happy for him.” when you & A-Tom arrived at your place, you found a note on the front door of the house from your parents that read, “Your dad & I are gonna be gone for the weekend. Have fun at prom & see you on Monday. Love you! -Mom & Dad".

After you read the letter & shoved it in your bag, while letting yourself & A-Tom into the house, locking the door behind you. " So what time are you leaving here to get ready for prom?"

“Probably now." He sighed as he checked the time on his watch. "It's already going on 5:45 PM, so I should go freshen up & stuff.”

You kicked your shoes off & plopped down on the couch with your laptop on your lap. “Ok." You muttered. "Lock the door on your way out please."

"Yeah..." & with that, A-Tom waved goodbye & left feeling a bit sad.

When A-Tom left, you sat on the couch for about 30 minutes wishing that you would've asked "the right guy" to prom. Even though you claimed you weren't gonna go, you secretly had just about everything you needed to go.

You had a beautiful dress, the perfect shoes, the perfect bag to go with your dress, transportation, & money if the food . As you were browsing around on Facebook, Instagram, & Snapchat, you felt yourself getting sad because everyone you knew seemed to be out having fun except you.

“This is so stupid." You said to yourself sheepishly. "Here I am on the couch upset that the right guy didn't ask me, but I could actually go if I wanted to, you know?" You closed your laptop & put it to the side as you headed up the stairs to get ready for prom. " it. Date or no date, I'm going.” After you freshened up & was prom ready from head to toe, you drove safely to the location of where the prom was being held.

When you arrived at the location, you saw some of your friends & other seniors hanging around outside the venue, photographers taking everyone's pictures, people laughing & socializing, & people who seemed to be enjoying themselves.

Once you stepped inside of the building, you took in all of your beautiful surroundings & noticed that your right guy was walking towards you alone, smiling from cheek to cheek. “Wow! Is that who I think it is?" The guy asked excitedly as you two were now standing face to face.

Your palms started to feel a bit sweaty as you took in your right guy's sweet scent of cinnamon with a hint of vanilla, & you tried your best to not make yourself look like a fool in front of him. “H-hey Jenissi." you said nervously.

"Hey! You look really beautiful tonight.” Jenissi replied as he embraced you with a hug by wrapping both of his arms around your waist.

“Thank you!" You blushed as you took in what Jenissi was wearing. You bit your bottom lip a bit, admiring how he looked in his white tuxedo that fit him well. His hair was perfectly combed over & slicked back, & he looked pretty darn handsome to be honest.

“Are you having a good time tonight?” he asked you happily as he danced a little to the music playing in the background.

You nodded accidentally. "Oh, I just got here actually... ” you laughed nervously. "Are you having a nice time though?"

Jenissi nodded happily. "I am now since you're here." He blushed.

The minute you heard that response leave his lips, you felt as if you were gonna just melt into a puddle of rainbows & every happy feeling that you could think of. Especially since Jenissi was your crush & you couldn't believe that he was still standing here in front of you, having a bit of a conversation with you.

“Oh goodness.” you giggled out of nervousness. Before you & Jenissi could continue talking, you felt someone tap your shoulder twice & call your name. When you turned around to see who or what was tapping you, it turned out to be one of your closest friends who appeared to be looking a tad bit jealous.

“A-Tom!” you squealed as you both hugged each other.

“You look really beautiful tonight, you know?" he blushed.

"Thank you, thank you." You giggled.

“So... What made you decide to come to prom tonight?” A-Tom interjected as he noticed how Jenissi intertwined his hand with yours. You liked the way that his soft hand felt in yours & thought that you were gonna faint the moment he gently brushed his thumb across your hand.

“Well," you sighed. "I had a bit of a moment & just decided to go. Date or no date." You nodded to A-Tom as Jenissi placed his arm around your waist.

Jenissi raised a brow. "Whoa, you don't have a date?" He questioned.

You shook your head no twice & glanced at both A-Tom & Jenissi. "No."

"Well..." A-Tom slightly yelled as he grabbed your other hand in an attempt to kind of get you away from Jenissi. “Like I told you earlier today, you could always just go & have fun with a friend like me." He said forcing a fake smile.

“Or she should hang out with me tonight." Jenissi smiled as he turned to you.

"Hey man," A-Tom was slightly getting annoyed with Jenissi & how he wouldn't get his arms off of you. 

“Wait, what?" You replied surprised.

Jenissi flashed his adorable smile as he gently squeezed your hand. “Would you be my date for the rest of tonight's prom?”

As much as A-Tom didn't wanna ruin your last prom & this moment that you were enjoying with Jenissi so far, he pulled you to the side, causing you to almost trip over your own feet & fall.

Jenissi stood there confused as he watched you & A-Tom having a conversation a few feet away from.

"A-Tom, what the hell are you doing?" You snapped as you punched A-Tom's chest a tad bit hard, causing him to put a hand over his chest in pain. “Did you not see what was going on just now? Did you not see who I was talking to?"

"Look, I just..." He sighed. "I have some things to get off of my chest tonight & if I don't say what I need to say to you, I might regret waiting until the last minute.” he informed you.

“A-Tom you have my number, we're friends on Instagram, Snapchat, & Facebook... I mean, can't this wait until after prom or something?" You asked a bit annoyingly.

A-Tom shook his head no in desperation as he took his hand off his chest.

“Well, it's gonna have to wait because I just got asked by my crush to be his date." You pouted. I'm sorry A-Tom. But hey, meet me by my car at the end of prom so you can tell me what you wanted to say ok?"

A-Tom looked at the ground looking a bit sad as he rubbed the back of his neck at a loss of words.

"I'll text you later ok?" You assured him.

"....Yeah, yeah.” A-Tom replied coldly as he walked off into another direction leaving you & Jenissi to yourselves again.

"What was that about? Is everything ok?” Jenissi looked a bit concerned but you assured him that everything was fine.

About two hours into enjoying prom with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter