fake it, love it

Best of Both Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It was one of those typical mornings where the two would originally stay silent, peaceful and civil. It has been two weeks that they had this set up. Yet, someone is in menopausal stage, having hot flashes and is too hot tempered that he can't help to yell at Kyungsoo without a reason. 

"Can you not grin by yourself? You look like a psycho." Jongin says as he stares at Kyungsoo out of nowhere while reviewing for his damn Psychology quiz. He suddenly wants to piss someone off because since his café talk with Chanyeol, he can't sit still, knowing how people get a love life effortlessly, not like him who needs to act gay in order to be in par with her madness. 

"The world is cruel and hot but your long face but short temper make it worse. Shut the up, Jong-out." Kyungsoo can't help himself but sass out and retort back. He's still mad how Jongin kept his grudge on him for years just because he thought Kyungsoo was ogling at him while being harassed and does nothing. Kyungsoo might be real gay but Jongin ain't his type and even he is the last man standing to be his lover, he will kick his fat to Mars and just live on Earth by himself.

Like dude, what the is wrong with that menopausal ahjumma? Can't he calm down and leave Kyungsoo alone? What is wrong with reading a funny comic he's been a subscriber for years? Even Jongin makes the funniest and dumbest things, he will never have the capacity to make Kyungsoo laugh like this comic does. 

Jongin stood and wanted to rip Kyungsoo for answering back. "You-"

"Don't you me. Can you stop being childish, Jongin?" Kyungsoo said more of a surrender. "I am so tired with this bickering relationship. I just want a normal conversation throughout the day. Can we?"

Jongin smirked. "No. Because I hate you to the core."

 

Kyungsoo doesn't know why but the filth Jongin's feeling right now must be the reason why he wanted every string of connection to be cut off. 

"If that's what you want," Kyungsoo closed the book he's reading. "I'm leaving. Don't expect me to comeback soon."

Jongin felt so bad yet fine that a person he loathes is leaving. It'll be less difficult for him.

He went back to his bed and plucked in his headset with a forced, painful grin.

"I will."

 

 

 

Kyungsoo kept his word. It has been three days that Jongin is alone, without anyone. He finds it convenient yet a feeling of emptiness fills him up. The question that prevailed in his conciousness is why does he hate Kyungsoo so much? The latter even agreed to be civil despite of the rudeness Jongin's attitude is manifesting. He still showed that he cares since he's always bought and stock the energy drink they both love even though they're in that kind of casual set up. 

The senior already clarified that it wasn't Jongin he's ogling at that time but the person at the back which was Junmyeon. And if he's ogling, what is it to Jongin? Men together in the shower area would normally talk about that stuff and trapping him for other guys to "witness'' his mascunality isn't supposed to be a big issue. Jongin just felt uncomfortable that time but when Kyungsoo said it was Junmyeon he's ogling it, he had a fiery, scorching pain in his chest as if the idea of Kyungsoo ogling only him could've sufficed his continouosly, bloating ego. 

 

He's confused. The past three days, it was only Do Kyungsoo who consumed the entirety of his daily thoughts. What was Kyungsoo really to him? 

Jongin would prefer to neglect than to know the real answer. He is so defensive that he's in war with himself, continously lying that Kyungsoo is just another gross gay who is harming Jongin and his identity. Being gay was never wrong. His bestfriend, Chanyeol, is even gay and he's genuinely happy and rooting for him. 

But when Kyungsoo came out that night, he felt as if his love is a sin; that he shouldn't be happy because Kyungsoo as a gay makes Jongin uncomfortable. Jongin is illogical and just splashed his raging emotions to Kyungsoo.

Why would the older leave when Jongin instructed him to? Can he be more boisterous, yelling that they both ing pay and share the necessities the dorm could provide? How could he just go away for three days? Was he with Junmyeon? 

 

"Jongin, damn you." The brunette felt exhausted as if he's being chased by thoughts, drown and torn. 

 

To: Ogling Maniac Ex-Council Pres

You need to comeback here. Please. Like right now. 

 

Jongin typed the whole thing and at an split second, sent it without hesitations. But a minute after, he wanted to kill himself for being needy, stupid, and complicated. Why does the text looked like he's begging and was on the wrong side?

 

After 15 minutes, a message was received. 

 

From: Ogling Maniac Ex-Council Pres

Miss me already? ;) 

 

"How the ???" The guy who's already in pajamas ressurected his upper body from the bed. Was that walk out planned? Kyungsoo seems to take this leaving-for-three-days part as a joke while it killed Jongin's mental state. He needed a reason. He started roaming down the whole four corners and thanked the heavens because he has a legit reason. 

 

To: Ogling Maniac Ex-Council Pres

In no ing way, moron. You're stupid to think that I miss your annoying presence. 

 

P.S: Pay the bills instead of buying gluttonous meals to pig out. You look flabby already. It's just been three days, Do Kyungsoo.

 

 

 

It was in a flash when Jongin decided who would suit as his fake boyfriend. 

"Do Kyungsoo," Jongin was shaking saying that name in front of his beloved. "Chanhee, this guy beside me is my..."

"my...."

"I am his boyfriend, Do Kyungsoo." He bites his lips (enough to bleed because this is highly gross) as he leans his head on the seme's broad shoulder. They are now sitting on a bench in the theme park as the girl wanted Jongin to show everyone to publicize his new found love.

Her eyes can be seen twinkling in happiness. "Jongin you don't know how happy I am!" 

That's all it takes to make Jongin smile as well. Her mangas are coming to life and he likes how he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter