01! No No No

Fools

01|No No No

Son Naeun

 

“Seulpohajima, no no no

Honjaga anya, no nono

Honjananana nege hangsang bichi dwae jeon geudae~”


I sang under my breath while staring at the rain pouring outside the window of my room. Living in a hospital was depressing, but living in a much colder outside world was worse. Feeling the chills finally coming to my spine, I stood up and jump around my room, as if my knees weren’t tired enough from playing around already.

 

I was walking around while muttering songs under my breath when the door suddenly opened and two girls went in.

 

“What are you doing? You look stupid walking around like that.” Yoon Bomi scoffed the moment her presence entered my dull colored room. She quickly plopped down my bed before turning the TV on, settling on a food program.

Pouting, I threw the nearest pillow I have on her, hitting her straight on the face. “You meanie!”

“Ah jinjja~! YAH SON NAEUN!”

I was about to scream back when another short girl showed her presence next to me, holding my hand and smiling a bit.

“Eunji… you’re here too?”

She nodded her head with a small beam on her eyes.

Noticing the bright expression on her face which is kinda not normal, I asked confusingly. “You seem happy. Did something happen?”

“Oh… uh…” She nodded her head again before opening her bag and searches something on it, casually throwing some trashes here and there until she found her prize... which turns out as a thumb piano. She wiggled it in the air happily, showing it to me.

“Oh… Congratulations then, I guess! You bought that? Or your parents gave you?”

She shook her head as she sat beside Bomi on the bed, I sat next to her.

“Uh… I…”

“She found it in one of the abandoned rooms upstairs. I think the last patient left it.” Bomi spoke for her as her words get fumbled in . "Which is dangerous... the last patient died sooo that could be haunted.... Awwooo~~" she started scaring Eunji and the latter hid behind me, pouting cutely as she tugged my arm.

Smiling at Eunji, I pinched her cheeks and planted a kiss on her forehead.

“Ah…” I sent a glare on Bomi before quickly changing my expression into a sweet smile on Eunji, who seems really happy with the small thing. “Don't worry about Pabomi, Eunji unnie~ Do you know how to play it?”

She nodded happily once again before starting to play some random tunes I can’t decipher. Well it sounds cute to me but Bomi never handles it well. I didn't bother because just seeing Eunji smile was enough. I can never handle seeing her scared or sad. I vowed my whole life to protect her anyway...

 

Like I said earlier, I live in a hospital, a place for sick people… and mentally sick people like us. I never even understand why they labeled us a mentally sick people because even when they classified us as dangerous, I can never handle it seriously. Especially when I look at Eunji unnie. She was diagnosed with autism since she was young and was constantly visiting the hospital for treatments and therapies. She was doing great, except that fact that she refuses to talk to people. She was such a sweet girl but never able to show it for people keeps a distance from her.

 

I wasn’t any better, but wasn’t as much worse at least. I am diagnosed with ADHD. You know that stuff, the kids who can’t sit still on a classroom. I’ve been into many troubles throughout my life time and been kicked out for all the schools I’ve been. When it’s summer, I end up here, in the hospital, mainly because my family can’t take care of me. As if I care for them anyways. I am not a promising child like any of my siblings so they found a great way of getting rid of me… so here I am.

 

As of Yoon Bomi, let’s say she could be the most normal one, and could be the most abnormal one out of the three of us. Yes, and there’s no in between. She was the only one on the three of us who can go in and out of the hospital without telling people, and can go to a university with no problem. But once every now and then, she would get anxiety attacks due to her trauma and when she would get mad, well, she’s really mad.

 

I’ve been in this medical asylum since three years ago and met the two of them, which is the safest way of saying that I found the only genuine friends I could find in this judgmental world. I hope that we could get better too, that at least; we won’t be called crazy freaks in the streets when we go out.

 

After a while of watching TV, I got bored and stood up, stretching my body.

“Hey! Where are you going?”

I turned my head while grinning at Bomi, “I’ll just go out for fresh air!”

She was about to scoff something again when Eunji hit her shin and pretended not to, making all of Yoon Bomi’s attention turn to her.

 

Yes, I am going out to get some fresh air… Hmmm… maybe not exactly as simple as that.

 

“Son Naeun-ssi!! Son Naeun-ssi! Stop!! Take that back to m-me!!!!” the short guy nurse screamed when I suddenly took that furniture something they always carry around with wheels. I sat on top of it and let it roll around hospital grounds.

“Woooohooo! This is fun!!! Much better than a wheelchair hahaha!!!” I screamed in triumph before turning the thing to the left, into the emergency unit.

“Son Naeun-ssi, please!!!” more nurses came after me but I just stuck my tongue at them.

“Whatever, you losers!!!” I screamed, still cheering for the ride I am having.

 

Everything was really fun, really trust me. It wasn’t until my ride suddenly stopped and I fell from the top of that thing into the floor…

 

Oh wait, scratch that, normally it would’ve been someone arms or body right? Why did I fall into someone… shoes?

 

“Why am I not surprised for my first day?” An unfamiliar voice asked as all the commotion stopped abruptly. My head hit that someone’s shoes pretty badly that I still have a bad reception of things that happened.

 

I told you that it has been three years since I’ve been here, right? So basically I met almost all of the staff in here and knew them, if my memory was correct.

 

And that person really is new.

 

After a while, I get the energy to stand up and rub my head that still hurts. The nurses made some countful of curses behind me as they fixed their stuff that goes with the thing I just held. Sadly some of the medicines broke and spilled sooooooo… uhmm… nah, not my problem.

Instead of focusing on the nurses, my eyes fell on that new person to whom my head fell in her shoes.

Once our eyes met, I felt weird… She seems old though I could say that she’s just an intern and should be young. Her hair was black and has a hint of foreign background on her… still, she was really pretty.

 

Yes, she really is a beauty….

 

She looked back at me with a smile that I can’t decipher. It wasn’t a smile smile but wasn’t a fake one either… I can’t read it.

 

“Who are you?” she asked softly. I was about to answer her when that short nurse spoke up for me.

“I’m sorry, Miss Oh. She’s a patient in the psychiatric department and always gets into trouble like this. I’ll make sure this doesn’t happen again.” With that, he tried to grab my arm but I swat it away.

“Don’t touch me or I’ll kill you.” I threatened, making him shiver in fear. I was expecting that intern to be scared too but she just laughed before extending her arm out for me.

“My name is Oh Hayoung, a new intern in the emergency unit. Nice to meet you, Miss…?”

“Son Naeun…”

“Ah… Then I hope we could meet again, Son Naeun-ssi! Now if you’ll excuse me, I have some things to take care of.” She bowed at me before walking away.

I can’t help but smile as that pretty intern walk away, making me squeal suddenly. The nurse eyed me weirdly but I just stomped on his foot and ran away, starting another chase with them.