Day 1 - First Meet

100 Days With You

Seoul International Hospital, Seoul, South Korea


“So, how’s my daughter condition, Doctor? Is there any hope or any good progress?” Mrs. Park asked hopefully. Mr. Park – her husband – and their daughter, Park Sooyoung wait the doctor’s answer anxiously.
The doctor sighed, makes Park family more worried. “Honestly, her heart condition is worsened lately. Nothing could helps it except heart transplant operation. But it’s hard to find a heart donor these days and we are race against the time. If she couldn’t get a donor sooner, I’m afraid if...” Mrs. Park cut his sentence off, “No! There must be another way, right? As a doctor, you can’t give up that easily! You must tried hard to save your patient’s life! You have to find another way!” said Mrs. Park with a trembling voice, she tried hard to holds her tears that about streaming down her face. Mr. Park comforted her wife with rubbing her back.


The doctor exhaled a breathe full of desperation. “I’m afraid that’s the only chance, Mrs. Park. I’m sorry, with this case, we, as a medical team can’t do another thing except that. And the succeed probability is just fifty-fifty,” said the doctor.

“Hey, Mr. Doctor, if I couldn’t get the donor, approximately, how much longer I could live in your prediction?” Sooyoung asked. There was no any sad or hopeless tone from her voices. Instead, she sounds so positive.

“Ya! Sooyoung-ie, what did you say? Of course you will get the donor and you will live for a long time! Don’t ask such a stupid question like that!” Mrs. Park scolded her with tears fell down from her eyes.
Sooyoung smiled. “Mom, gwaenchana. We must prepare for a worst condition. I’m not afraid of the death. I’m just afraid that I couldn’t use my remains time wisely. I want grant my several wishes before that time finally comes. It’s okay, Mom,” Sooyoung convinced her mother, holds her hand tightly. Mrs. Park just nodded.

“So, Doctor, what’s your answer?” Sooyoung asked once again. The doctor looked hesitant at first, but finally he opened his mouth, “in medical calculation, you have around 6 months, Park Sooyoung-ssi.”
Sooyoung smiled widely. “Hey, it’s not that short! We can do many things in 180 days. I can grant all of my wishes too!” Sooyoung said cheerfully, as nothing’s bad will happens. Mr. Park and Mrs. Park just could forcing smile when they saw their daughter’s positive thoughts. On the other hand, the doctor silently hoping the best for his favourite patient.

“What exactly are your wishes, Sooyoung-ie? Tell us so we can make it comes true for you.” Mr. Park asked after they left the doctor’s room. They tried their best to look happy in front of their daughter. “Yes, tell us, Sooyoung-ie, you were so happy while talking about that.” said Mrs. Park rubbing her hair.
Sooyoung tilted her head, “it’s not a kind of wishes I would grant with you Mom, Dad, hehe. It’s a secret. I will do those with someone else,” said Sooyoung teasingly. Mr and Mrs. Park just smiled, “ah, really, our little daughter has growing up so fast.”

“Do you really don’t want share it with us?” Mr. Park asked. Sooyoung shook her head. “Not now. You’ll know it soon,” Sooyoung answered. “But we have to know everything you do, Sooyoung-ie. You can’t be too tired. We must watch your health condition too,” Mrs. Park reminded.
Sooyoung looked annoyed. “Ah, jinjja, I’m not even kid anymore, I know what I’m doing. Please don’t treat me differently from the other just because I’m sick. Sometimes I feel like an abnormal who trapped in my own house because you guys too protective to me. It sickened me even more. I just want to feel my teenage days like the other teenagers feel. I just wanna do everything I want. Especially in my remaining time,” said Sooyoung truthfully said what’s in her heart.

“I’m sorry if you feel like that, Sooyoung-ie. You know, we’re being like this because we don’t want to lose our only daughter we have now. You know, you’re our angel, you’re precious to us, and don’t you ever say about your remaining times because... because you will get the donor very soon, I’m sure. You’ll live for a long time, you won’t go anywhere,” her mother almost choked up because she holds her tears.
Sooyoung exhaled her breathe. “I know. I shouldn’t said that. I’m sorry, Mom, Dad,” Sooyoung apologized, she felt a bit guilty.
Mrs. Park nodded. “It’s okay. We understand. Now, let’s we go home,” said Mrs. Park, but Sooyoung shook her head. “Ania. You two just go first, I still have something to do here,” said Sooyoung.

“Wo? What kind of ‘something’? Is it related to your health? Do you feel any pain?” Mrs. Park asked. Sooyoung rolled her eyes. “Here goes your protective mode again. No, I’m fine, Mom. It’s related to my wish. Don’t worry after I finished, I will call our driver to take me home. It won’t take a long time, I promise.”

“Should we just waiting for you?” her mother asked. Sooyoung sighed. “Mom, please...” Sooyoung looked annoyed again. Mr. Park glanced at his wife, giving a sign to her. Mrs. Park sighed, “okay if that’s what you want. We’ll leaving now. Take care of yourself, don’t come home too late, don’t forget to eat your medicines,” said Mrs. Park, actually she is still feels worried, but watching a sparkle inside her daughter eyes, she won’t makes it disappear. Sooyoung nodded happily. After her parents left, she walks to somewhere.


-----


Sooyoung stopped walking when she saw a blonde haired guy standing in front of a big window, stared outside with an empty stares. There he is! Why does he keep standing like that for a long time? thought Sooyoung. She walked towards him.

“Annyeong!” Sooyoung greeted him cheerfully with a big smile shaped on . The guy looks startled, he stared at Sooyoung from the toe to the top confusedly.

“Who are you? Do I know you?” he asked with a cold expression. Sooyoung tilted her head. “No. You don’t know me. Me either. I don’t know about you, yet. So I want to introduce myself. My name is Park Joy,” said Sooyoung introduce herself with a name she made by her own.

“Joy? What kind of a name is that? It doesn’t sounds like Korean at all,” He mumbled tonelessly. Sooyoung nodded. “Yeah, that’s a name I made by myself. Joy is a synonym of happiness in English. I want to be a person who spread happiness everywhere. Simply, I want to be a happy virus. But I have a Korean name too! It’s Sooyoung,” Sooyoung explained it excitedly.

The guy looked at her with an annoyed looks. “I don’t need your explanation anyway. Such a freaky,” he insulted her carelessly then left her. Instead of feeling offended, Sooyoung ran towards him, trying to stop him. “Ya! Where are you going? I just told my name. Where’s your manner? At least, tell me what’s your name!” Sooyoung shouted a little.

The guy stopped his steps. He turned back, looked at Sooyoung expressionless. “Yook Sungjae. That’s my name. Satisfied enough? Now stop following me, Weird Girl,” said Sungjae coldly, then he continued to walks, heading to hospital’s rooftop.

Sooyoung didn’t give up so easily. She still following Sungjae. Knowing that she still behind him, he walked faster. He went to rooftop’s upstairs quickly. Sooyoung tried to manages to chase him. But suddenly, she felt a pain in her chest. She was out of her breath. She gasping for the air.

“H...Help....” Sooyoung asked for helps weakly. Realizing something wrong, Sungjae turned back and saw a ‘weird’ girl in front of him holding her chest, trying to bear an unbearable pain.

“Ya! What happened to you?” Sungjae asked panicky. Sooyoung couldn’t answer as she slowly losing her conscious and fell down. Before her body reach the floor, Sungjae caught her, quickly lifted her up in his arms and ran to Emergency Room immediately.

“Ya! Wake up! Are you pretending to faint? Aish, jinjja, who the hell is this girl? I don’t even know her but she already cause a trouble for me,” Sungjae grumbled. When he reached the Emergency Room, the doctor and nurse immediately giving her a medical examination.

 

-----


Half hour passed, finally, Sooyoung opened her eyes. She tried to focusing her vision. And the first person she could recognized is... that guy, Sungjae.
“Ah, finally you opened your eyes. I’ve been waiting like for ages here. You okay?” Sungjae asked without looking at her. Sooyoung, who haven’t regain her concentrate just nodded. She still confused. Why is he here? Was he waiting for me? She thoughts.

Sungjae nodded, “good then, I’m leaving,” said him, about to leave the room. Immediately, Sooyoung reached his hand. “Wait. Where are you going? Was you just waiting for me?” Sooyoung asked.

Sungjae let go his hand off from Sooyoung’s. “Don’t expecting too much. I waited for you just because I felt a bit responsible. Now you’re conscious and feeling okay, so I’ll leaving,” said him.

“Ani. You’re wrong, I’m not okay now,” Sooyoung lied, tried to makes him stay longer with her. Sungjae grinned, “you think you can fool me with that? Such a lame trick,”
Sooyoung sighed. He’s like a great wall of China, a typical of cold guy with a barrier surrounded him. He’s definitely not an easy man, but that’s not make her want to give up. “Okay, okay, you got me. But please, just stay a bit because I have something to ask you. Ehm, rather a request, actually,” said Sooyoung .

“No, thanks. I still have many things to do, not just paying attention to a weird stranger like you,” Sungjae resisted, started to walks again, but quickly, Sooyoung standing in front of him, blocking the exit door. “Please, it won’t take a long time,” Sooyoung demanded.

Sungjae sighed, give in. “Fine. What now?”

Sooyoung smiled. “I just want you to be my partner to grant all of my last wishes. Or specifically, I want you to be my virtual boyfriend and grants all my last wishes together, just for around 180 days,”
Sungjae’s eyes widened. “180 days?! Are you crazy?! Are you kidding me?” Sooyoung tilted her head. “No. I’m dead serious now. So, what’s answer? Say yes please¬¬” Sooyoung begged, slightly did an aegyo.

Quickly, Sungjae shook his head. “Of course not! Why would I? What a waste of time,” Sungjae rejected her request harshly. “Please... I just want to do all the things I wanna do before my time finally come, before I die....” Sooyoung begged once again.

Sungjae frowned. “What are you talking about?” Sooyoung exhaled. “I have a serious condition of a heart failure. And if I don’t get a donor soon, I just have a time to live for another 6 months, at least. So I want to use my left time wisely, with make all my life wishes come true,” She explained.

Sungjae smirked, “and now you are trying to make me sympathize? Sorry, it will be useless my heart is numb and my feelings already dysfunctional since a long time ago,” he said tonelessly. Sooyoung felt a bit offended, she never use her sickness as an excuse to anything, yet she hates it very much. “No. I didn’t try to sympathize anyone, I just said it because I really want to do all of my wishes with you,” said her.

“And why me? Why are you insist to do it with me? We don’t even know each other. Today is just our first meeting!” said Sungjae, couldn’t understand what’s on her mind.

“We do! We know each other! You’re Yook Sungjae, and me, in case you forgot, I’m Park So--" “—I know you’re not that stupid to understand what I actually mean,” Sungjae cut her sentence off.Sooyoung sighed. “It because... it because, when I first saw you back then, while you looking at the window with an empty stares, I know, I know that we have one thing in a common–”

“What is it?” he asked impatiently.

“We’re feeling lonely. You are feeling lonely, right?”

Sungjae clucked. “Ha! Don’t act like you know about me. We’re just a strangers after all. Just cut all of these nonsense off and just forget about today. About our meeting, about everything,” said Sungjae coldly. His tone sounds even colder than before.

Sooyoung felt trembling, her tears almost falling down not under her control. She manages to reached his wrist and held it tightly. “Please, Sungjae-ssi, please,” for the last time, she begged hopelessly. She even talked formally again.

Sungjae looked at his hand that being held by her so tight, as if he let his hand off from her, she’ll losing her only grip then stumbled and fall. For the first time after been so long time, he felt a warm feelings in his heart that surrounded by ice. Cold and untouchable. He didn’t know what kind of spell she gave him, he felt being enchanted by her clueless look and her weak trembled body. Finally, he nodded and said,

“okay, whatever you say, just don’t cry,”

He didn’t know why he said that and agreed with her request. Little did he knows, his life won’t be the same.

 

-----

Hello, so this is the first chapter of this story! I'm sorry with the fonts and stuff, I had no idea with that either T.T but I hope y'all still enjoyed this story^^

Kindly leave your thoughts below, thank you!