Ferris Wheel

Choose! Me or the Stars?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Word count: 2251

----------

Jihoon was beyond pissed when Seungcheol told him to go study by himself at the cold, quiet, empty and dark library that is opened for twenty-four hours a day. As much as he was used to Seungcheol rejecting his invites to go outside during the night so that he could watch the stars with his telescope, the fact that Seungcheol agreed to come yet not show up and had the nerve to message Jihoon that he would not be coming is where the pink haired boy draws the line.

Instead of walking to Seungcheol's house and confront him about it, he decided to do the cruellest way possible, make him feel guilty. Jihoon ended up walking home alone after studying (ALONE) with his thoughts occupied with plans to make Seungcheol feel all guilty and would stop looking at the damn stars and look at him instead.

He has been in love with that star gazing idiot for two years after all.

The next day when Seungcheol came into class with a eating grin, Jihoon wanted to slap himself for smiling like a flower blooming in spring because he was supposed to give Seungcheol the cold shoulder yet he replied with a smile so bright it's against his entire being. Seungcheol walked up to Jihoon like he didn't cancel their study date session last night and sat down at his seat (which is beside Jihoon and he believes he has the best luck ever) pulling out something from his bag.

Pictures of the stars from last night. Now that got Jihoon to remember Plan A: Ignore Seungcheol as much as you can and act indifferent at all costs, I repeat, at all costs.

"Jihoon! Sorry about last night but my dad told me that last night was the perfect night to take pictures of the stars! Here!" Seungcheol laid the pictures out on Jihoon's table and the pink haired boy could not help but be amazed at the beautiful pictures in front of him. Beautiful was an understatement but Jihoon's vocabulary side of his brain was not working properly at that point of time.

"Alright, class settle down! You're all in your third year yet you still act like three-year-old kids!" The homeroom teacher came into class and everyone rushed back to their seats. Seungcheol quickly grabbed all the pictures and put them inside his bag so gently like they were his babies. Right, that's the reason why Plan A is in action right now. Jihoon repeatedly told himself to be as nonchalant as he could. He was usually really good at masking emotions but then Seungcheol (a ball of fluff) came into his life (along with so many emotions that Jihoon never thought he had) and Jihoon had troubles masking his feelings again.

When it was time for lunch break, Jihoon ran down to the canteen bought from whatever store that had the shortest queue (the newly opened Asian delights store) and went to sit in a quiet corner of the canteen. He wanted to quickly eat his lunch (that didn't taste that good, no wonder they had the shortest queue) and run back to class avoiding Seungcheol completely. If he saw Seungcheol, the desire to eat with him and stare at his face would be so tempting, which is why avoiding him is the best option to give the cold shoulder.

Even though Jihoon could hear his heart slightly cracking. Jihoon knows Seungcheol wouldn't like him back anyway and this is totally stupid. They've known since the third year of middle school, every time Jihoon ignores him, Seungcheol would assume that he was tired and message him encouraging messages, sending bright sunny smiles when he sees his classmate. This made Jihoon go back to Seungcheol every time.

Something popped into Jihoon's head and he wondered if it was better to give up. He has developed a one-sided love for Seungcheol for two freaking years and nothing has changed. Seungcheol didn't even hint that he had the slightest interest in his pink haired classmate. The boy shook his head to try to get rid of his thoughts. They were going to graduate in a few months time, this would all be over soon.

While Jihoon was busy eating, he didn't notice a figure sit opposite him and eat quietly. The figure ate as quick as Jihoon did and soon, both of them were finished with their food. So when Jihoon looked up to clear his table, he almost fell off the bench. 

"Seungcheol?" Jihoon asked with his wide eyes and open jaw. The one person he was trying to avoid just had to sit right in front of him.

"Yo!" Seungcheol chuckled and his voice was music to Jihoon's ears and he tried not to let it show, "you left class so fast it was hard to catch you! It's a good thing you have pink hair!" Seungcheol reached out and ruffled Mr Blushing (LIKE A TOMATO) Jihoon's hair who couldn't raise his head to meet Seungcheol's eyes.

"I was... I was hungry!" Jihoon reasoned and nodded in his head when he realised his excuse sounded believable. 

 

Plan A was harder than Jihoon had thought and he initially thought that Plan A was as hard as the maths test he took a few days ago because vectors would be death of him.

It has been three days since Plan A had taken into action and Seungcheol showed no signs of remorse. He still had that stupid grin he always carried around. The pink haired boy wante

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter