What I Fear the Most

One Heart, One Soul, One Love

 

This day is going to be another memorable one as I watch Super Junior do what they do best - perform in front of us, ELF.

As they were singing their 7th song, we were singing along with them and we were screaming and shouting as well. Then, BANG!! We heard something from nowhere. At first, I thought that it was from the pyrotechnics but, it wasn't that kind of explosion, it wasn't fireworks either.

"Teukie Hyung!" Sungmin rushed to the leader's side who is now on the floor, clasping his chest. Everyone’s attention turned to him and gasped.

“Oppa!” All the ELF screamed and started crying. “Teukie Oppa!”

“Hyung!” Eunhyuk started sobbing as well.

“Guys..” Leeteuk started. “I’m gonna be fine..” He forced a smile.

 

Siwon faced crowd. Who did this, huh?! Who dared to do this?!”

We began looking around, hoping that we could fine the one who shot Leeteuk, but there is no one among us that seems suspicious.

 

Yesung suggested  that they take the wounded leader backstage to have him properly attended to and brought to the hospital right away. Eunhyuk, Donghae and Sungmin stayed at the stadium with us.

 

“ELF, don’t worry.” Eunhyuk, whose nose was now red, sniffed. “You know that our leader is very strong, right? He can surpass this, especially because he has us.” Donghae caressed him.

“What we have to do now is pray that Teukie hyung will be all right and that we find the gunman. Our managers have already filed search warrants so we’ll find out who he is soon.” Siwon said, his jaws clenching. Then, he sighed. “All I know is that an ELF will never do such a thing. ELF love us so not one of you would even think of doing that, right?”

“Yes!!” We replied, crying even more. Sungmin nodded and smiled in relief.

“Now, everyone, please go home for now. You guys need rest. I’m sure we’ll soon know Teukie hyung’s situation.” He said with concern.

“No~~” We replied. We didn’t want to leave. We wanted to stay there with them until we’re told that our beloved leader will be okay.

“Come on now, out ELF. All of us need rest. Also, as much as we’d love to stay here with you and wait, we’ll just put your lives in danger by doing that. We wouldn’t want anything to happen to any of you, okay?” Siwon pleaded.

“Okay..” We sadly said. Then, everyone left the stadium and headed home.

 

-

 

“The world mourns at the death of Super Junior’s leader.”

 

As I read what was flashed before my eyes, I started crying. “No!” I screamed. “This can’t be!!”

 

I couldn’t believe what I had just found out. Our leader, our beloved leader, had left us. Tears wouldn’t stop running down my face.

 

“Why? Why did you leave us, Oppa? I thought you were strong? I thought you wanted to be with ELF forever? How an we fulfill that if you’re not here with us?” I was now hitting that wall repeatedly and was flailing my arms. “No, no, no!!” I screamed my heart out and shook my head vigorously.

 

I was sad and hurt after knowing about Leeteuk’s death. There was no way I would be able to accept it. I rushed to the kitchen, still sobbing. I quickly took hold of the nearest knife in sight.

 

“If I can’t be with Leeteuk Oppa forever, I will make a way to be with him.” I positioned the sharp knife against my abdomen. “If he won’t be coming back, I’m going after him.” I said with conviction.

 

As the knife inched closer to me, my body shot up and my eyes opened. I looked around and I was still in my bedroom. Beads of sweat was on my forehead and I was panting. Then, I started crying, relieved that it was just a bad dream and afraid at how awful that nightmare was.

 

I brushed my hair away from my face and took a deep breath. I looked to my left and took my Super Junior pillow into my arms, feeling at ease that I had it. I was able to doze off once more that night.

 

*

End of Chapter 1.