Friend

White Christmas [Story on Hiatus]

Friend

She woke up to the wind blowing angrily at the windows, it was cold. She stared around the room, darkness was all she could see, “Jin? Jin?” No answer, swinging her legs to the side she got up. Heading towards the door she walked out to the small living room, laying on the floor was Jin. He was shivering, there was no blanket around him he only had a pillow, staring at him she sighed and bent down. Touching his head she could feel normal coolness against her hot skin, walking back towards the bedroom she grabbed one of the blankets on her bed and headed out again. Placing the blanket cozily around his body, she sat down beside him. Staring out the big window by the television she sighed. The wind was blowing the snow crazily. How was she going to find Yoochun? Closing her eyes tired to remember the address that he had given her three years ago, why wasn’t it coming to her? She hit her head softly as she tried to recall the address, 523.... what was the street?  She sighed yet again and looked down at Jin, she could feel the tiredness coming back. Laying a safe distance away from him she fell asleep.

He woke up to feel someone beside him, looking the his right he could see Gyuri cuddling against him, shocked he moved himself away from her, when did she come. How.... What? He looked at her confused, what the heck was she doing?

“Hey,” he said, as he poked her, “What are you doing cuddling beside me?! Are you trying to me?! Hey wake up!” He watched as she stretched her arms and then opened her eyes, she looked at him and cocked her head to the side, smiling, “Good morning.”

“I asked you a question,” he said as he looked at her up and down.

“What is it?” she scratched her head sitting up and staring at him with curious eyes. Did she not hear what he asked just now? He sighed, “Never mind, go get washed. We are heading to the Church.”

“Are you going to leave me there?” She asked him.

He stared at her, “What do you think? I mean you’ve been freeloading for three days two nights already, don’t you think that’s a little much?”

“I don’t want to go,” she said, “I like it here.”

“Why?”

“I don’t know.”

“Well too bad, I don’t have the time and money to take care of a full grown girl like you.”

“I’ll get a job! I’ll clean, I’ll do anything, just let me stay, please Jin. We are friends right?”

“When did you get that idea?”

“...”

“Now get washed and let’s head to the Church they might be a spot for you, maybe one of the teenagers finally realize that they shouldn’t run away from home. Be smart.” She stared at him as she got up slowly, she pouted heading towards the washroom.  She didn’t want to leave. She didn’t want to stay in that beautiful church. She didn’t want God to see the fault that was within her. The fault that she had been trying to hide all these years, even from Yoochun from everyone. When she was done she walked out to see Jin already ready, “Let’s go.” He threw her, her jacket and went to the door to put his boots on. They walked out the door and headed towards the church, she dragged her feet as she slowly followed.

“Can you hurry up?” He asked. She sped a little faster, when they arrived at the Church they found Sister Angela sitting on one of the seats praying. Jin walked up slowly towards the old lady, tapping her shoulders she looked up and grinned at him.

“Jin, how are you doing?” she stood up slowly holding his hand, “I haven’t seen you for awhile.”

“I’m doing well Sister Angela,” Jin said nicely to her, “Has Father T told you about her?”

Sister Angela looked at Gyuri and nodded, “Yes he has, and you are lucky you came right after one of the sweet girls left!”

“Lucky, indeed,” Jin smiled widely, staring at the frowning Gyuri. She had not want to stay at this place at all, at all!

 

Park Gyuri’s Point of View

I stared at him as he continued to talk to Sister Angela, frowning I sat down and looked at the Jesus. He was staring down at me, I felt bare. I looked away as Sister Angela touched my shoulders to show me the way to the place I was staying at, as we started to head towards the doors. I turned to see Jin kneeling, praying.

“Sister Angela is he going to come afterwards?”

“No dear, men are not allowed in the girl’s dormitory.”

“Can I say goodbye then?”

“Sure thing I’ll be waiting over here,” Sister Angela smiled and sat down. I walked towards Jin, tapping him on his shoulders I waited for him to respond but he didn’t. After a good two minutes he looked at me and stood up.

“What is it?”

“I want to say thank you for letting me stay at your place and taking care of me.”

“No problem.”

“I want you to know that I’m happy that you are my first Japanese friend that I’ve made here.”

He nodded, “Mm.”

“I hope to see you again sometime,” I smiled as I turned around and headed towards Sister Angela.

Akanishi Jin’s Point of View

I watched as she walked away sighing a sigh of relief with a mix of guilt I headed towards the doors.. Had she actually thought of me as a friend when I thought of her as weight that had burderned me? Should I have been nicer to her? Walking out to the blue sky, I felt chills running up my spine.