Your lemongrass scent

You've trimmed your way towards me

Your lemongrass scent

 

 

It wasn’t a particularly busy day. There where customers entering and leaving throughout the past few hours, but Yoongi was somehow free. A few came in and attempted to dye their hair a fashionably “purple pinkish space grey with stars and planets” and some just stuck to their old pattern, slightly short at the back. Yoongi’s mint hair floated around the salon as he checked the works of his juniors, just in case they ed up any of it. They had a slightly good reputation to hold on, somewhat. They won a few prizes when he was around, and before his seniors all left last year. He lazed around a bit soon after, dozing off behind the counter now and then.

 

As the heat outside of the salon increased with the speed of Yoongi decreasing the air conditioner temperature, a young teenager with his school uniform stumbled in. Yoongi opened his eyes a little to have a peek at who opened the doors, just because he was curious. The teen was slightly thin, with black hair curled at many random positions. He was clutching on his bag tightly as he looks pretty lost in the store, you know, as if he was 5 in a grocery store without his mom. The mint haired elder slowly crawled up from his position before standing up, staring at the teen.

 

“Hey, anything I can help you?”

 

He was startled a little before gulping softly, “I’m- I’m- here to get a haircut.”

 

Yoongi eyed him a little before sighing, of course you are, it’s not like you’re here for ing maths class.

 

He guided him before settling him down on a seat. The teen hesitated a bit on whether he should leave his bag on the floor or on his lap, or whether he should take his school coat off or not. He didn’t know if he should take off his glasses now or take it off later, cause what if he had to walk around? Does he take pay first or does he pay later? What if he had not enough cash to pay-

 

“Is it your first time here?” Yoongi asked after seeing his awkward movements.

 

“.....It’s my first time getting a haircut by a professional hair stylist.” He whispered.

 

Yoongi chuckled a little before grabbing his bag and coat, placing it at the shelf nearby. He told him to take it easy as he laid a piece of plastic and cloth folded above the back of his collar. The teen was barely breathing because of how tight his collar was after those were stuffed inside before Yoongi helped him release the first button from his uniform. The elder then sprayed shampoo and water on his hair, massaging the teen’s head carefully.

 

“Don’t- don’t- we need to go to the sink to wash my hair?” He said frantically as he saw the foam forming on his head.

 

“Trust me on this, I got you.” Yoongi spoke softly as he continued.

 

The teen then slowly relaxed his body as he closed his eyes, enjoying the feeling of relaxation. He actually ended up dozing off halfway through, as the mint hair floated back and fro to remove excessive foam. As he continued to massage his hair, he realized how young the teen looked. He had a slightly thin nose and large doe eyes that could bring the good out of you. When he looks at you with those eyes, Yoongi couldn’t even curse anymore. His lips were also pinkish and pouty, as if he was ready for any kisses. His skin was as fair as milk and his face had literally no baby fat at all. He looked…cute.

 

When Yoongi finally stopped being the erted he was, he tapped the teen slightly to ask him to go to the basin to wash the shampoo off. He nodded slightly before trotting towards the basin, eyes a bit blurry while yawning a bit too loudly. As he lay on the chair, he was apparently too short for his knees to bend, so he was forced to keep his legs straight throughout the whole time.

 

“Do you prefer warm water or cold water?”

 

“Uhm, what do you prefer? I mean- I’m sorry- Uh- I don’t know.” He stuttered.

 

Yoongi couldn’t help but to laugh at his response. “Well, I prefer warm water. Is that okay?”

 

“…yeah.”

 

“Hey buddy, what’s your name?”

 

He kept quiet for a while before replying. “Jungkook, Jeon Jungkook.”

 

As Yoongi washed his hair, Kookie -as how he would like to call it- fell asleep again. The elder tried to keep his movement as gentle as possible, lifting his head as ever so slowly so that he wouldn’t wake him up. His locks were softer now, like his favorite cotton candy from the fun fair. Holy he has really small ears how is that even possible, he thought to himself as he rubbed the excessive shampoo of his ears.  He kept touching it softly before realizing how ing weird that was, increasing his image as a erted mint haired uncle. He quickly cleaned up before wrapping Jungkook’s hair up, leading him back to his seat.

 

Yoongi didn’t even ask what hairstyle he wanted, because he’s probably going to give the same “this is my first time and I have no clue what I want” answer. He just told him to believe him and his skills, assuring him that he will look dashing.  The elder really wanted to keep the cute curly hair (so biased) but he knew what was best for him. He took the straightener from the drawer and oh, you bet Jungkook was scared. He had never ever seen a straightener before; don’t even ask if he knew what is it used for. Yoongi placed his hand on the younger’s shoulder, nodding while looking at the reflection of Jungkook’s face.

 

As the curls started to disappear, Yoongi took his favorite shears out. He sat beside Jungkook before t off parts of his hair; face barely a few inches away from his. Jungkook kept looking straight, squinting to be exact to try and get an inkling of what hairstyle it was. Without his glasses, all he could see was that his whole head looked black and Yoongi’s mint hair was orbiting around his. Yoongi layered and shaved parts of the hair, t the rest.

 

As he lean closer, he could smell a very faint lemongrass smell surrounding Jungkook. It wasn’t those ty perfumes you could get at malls; it was like a homemade ointment your mom would used to rub at the nape of your neck before you leave for school. It smelt so sweet, so comforting and delicate; it's as if you could get drunk off the first time you encounter it. As he stared directly at Jungkook, he could feel it. The undeniable urge to touch Jungkook’s skin, to experience the cloud-like skin and let the smell linger off him. He wanted to feel the warmth off his cheeks, the cute wrinkles by his eyes. He wanted to get closer, to be intoxicated by the smell, by the soft skin; he wanted to be with Jungkook.

 

“…uhmm, are we done?” He asked, slightly tilting his head.

 

Yoongi managed to snap out of it again before clearing his throat, informing him that he’s almost done. The elder felt disgusted at how much of a e he was before barely keeping conscious to finish the hairstyle. It has been so long he was interested at someone, but who would’ve ing guess that it was someone that was underage. Probably in Jungkook’s eyes, he was this weird- looking uncle that kept sniffing at him like a dog. And barely 10 seconds later, Min-stalker-smelling-weird-Yoongi almost lost his sanity when Jungkook smiled at the mirror, feeling happy at the fact that he finally had a professional haircut. Holy , this kid is killing me. If I pass my borders, I’m am totally gonna blame him for it, Yoongi blared in his mind as the image of the teen’s beaming smile flashed through his brain over and over again.

 

After a strenuous 30 minutes, he finally took the hand mirror out to show the younger teen his new hairstyle. It wasn’t anything flamboyant; he just combed his hair to the front, shaved the sides, and waxed it so it would stay spiked. But it was Jungkook’s looks that brought the hairstyle to another level. His dashing looks accompanied by his elevated adjustments made him a killer babe, well, for Yoongi he is. The elder could proudly say that he chipped off the final block off his sculpture to form a beautiful masterpiece (he could go on and on about what he did was the best but who ing cares about him).

 

“How much would it cost?”

 

Yoongi hesitated for a second. “20 bucks will do.”

 

Jungkook happily paid as Yoongi could already hear the curses he’s gonna get from his seniors. I guess I’ll have to pay the extra myself. Jesus ing christ this kid better be grateful, Yoongi complaint in his mind although he knew very well he would’ve probably given the haircut for free if the CCTV wasn’t there. As Jungkook took his stuffs from the shelf, Yoongi just quietly stared at the boy. He wonders if he’ll ever see him again, cause permanent customers are either ing rich teens or wives of rich husbands that barely have any time for them. Kids like him are rare to come by, especially ones that have managed to catch Yoongi’s attention to 1000%.

 

“So can I have your contact…you know just in case I come back for a hair cut?” Jungkook asked shyly while directing his phone towards Yoongi.

 

The elder smiled happily before saving his name –cough handsome hair stylist yoongi- in the younger’s phone, mentioning that for as long that he needs a haircut or  anything   help, he can just call this number. Jungkook nodded attentively before bidding goodbye, with smiles etched deeply in the elder’s mind.

 

Right before he closed the door, he turned around and with his flushed red face and mustered out: “Also…you have very soft fingers. I really liked how you touched my ears just now.”

 

Yoongi almost died.

 

 

 

A/N: thanks ya'll for reading 

credits: fist bump