1/1

Because you're here...

Jihoon walked around his house, feet bare on the cold wooden floor. His shirt stuck to his back, sweat seeping through the cloth. His breath shortens by the second, his eyes scanned the room for the blade that has traced his skin so many times.

He opened one of the drawers, papers in it he looked at the bottom and indeed there it was.

Seungcheol was never good at hiding things.

He ran to the bathroom, to the cold room that only seems to give him more stress, more anxiety, and more urge to kill himself, The mirror showing Jihoon just how terrible he looked today, Jihoon's eyes darted to his wrist as it was cut, as he places another cut, deep enough to bleed.

He placed it under the tap water, making it numb for a second and sting on the other.

His breath steadies, his eyes blur even more, and he feels even more tired.

He reached for the towel, Seungcheol changed it too. It was a shame, Jihoon thought, He had already spilled his blood on it.

His blood tinting the towel like rose petals scattered in the snow.

Jihoon rests his back down on the walls, the cool tiles felt on the back of his head, his legs stretched on the floor.


He looks another time at his office-mate's text. The illuminating screen that flashed in his tired eyes.

'Boss told me that you don't have to go to work today. Jihoon I'm sorry, He told me to tell you you're fired.'

He clicked his tongue, his frustration getting the best of him, he throws his phone across the room.

 


Seungcheol jammed the keys into the door knob, It was freezing outside, his coat wasn't enough to keep him warm. He knows Jihoon's home as the lights were open on their room.

The door swings open, cold air entering their warm house. He hung his coat on the hook nailed to the wall, his shoes left on the shelf. He walks up their room, he takes every step up the stairs carefully, As the oak wood door opens he sees Jihoon on the bed, sleeping on the clothes he woke up to.

He notices that the bathroom door was ajar so he walks to it wanting to close it.

He neared the said room, tap water running, and a lump of towel littering the floor, red painted on it.

Seungcheol picked it up before folding it, throwing it to the laundry basket.

He knows what this is, he's seen it too much.

 

"Jihoon, what happened?"

A moment passed, only the sound of plates and spoons resonating the dining room. He hears the weary boy sigh, his eyes downcast.

"I got fired." Jihoon said, whispered, almost. "for the fifth time."

"It's okay, Jihoon." Seungcheol said, his eyes softening and his hand extending to reach for Jihoon's.

"No it's not." Jihoon said

"Yes, It is, I know you can do it, and-"

"I told you it won't be!"

Seungcheol's words caught on his throat as Jihoon stood on his feet abruptly, his hands slamming on the table.

"I've been fired for the fifth ing time, Seungcheol." Jihoon said taking a sharp breath "I know, even if your smiling, I know you're disappointed in me. Just drop your smile and tell me the truth. I can't stand people lying to me, specially you."

"I'm not lying. It really is okay."

"Please, stop. I know you're thinking that i'm a failure, everyone is."

"How can you say that." Seungcheol stood up too, he feels so angry although he doesn't know who he's angry with.

He's angry at the both of them, for not being able to take care of each other. "Have I told you yet? How are you so sure I'm disappointed in you? or upset or if i think you're a failure? Have I not made the message clear, that I love you and that means that I trust you and that I believe in you? And no matter how much you get fired I'll still love and trust you?"

Jihoon was quiet then his bangs falling as his head was low, his eyes tracing the patterns of the wooden floor.

"Have you forgotten already?" Seungcheol asked, his voice quivered as he holds himself from letting go of his tears. "Should I tell you again?"

Seungcheol walked to Jihoon, the boy he desperately wanted to protect from himself. His hands reach for the other's face. As his skin reaches the cotton of Jihoon's skin, he felt something wet on his fingers, he raises the smaller's head wanting to look him in the eyes only to see him falling apart. His tears were warm and his nose and cheeks were like a meadow of poppies.

"Jihoon, I love you." Seungcheol said, his voice the gentlest. "I love you, I love you so much."

"Seungcheol, I-"

"I love you so, so much, Lee Jihoon. And I just wish you'd remember that. I just wish that you'll remember these little words when you feel angry at yourself, so that you'll remember how much you're love. How important you are to someone's life. Please don't hurt yourself anymore. I know it's hard, It may be harder than loving me back but please try."

"I love you, Seungcheol." Jihoon said and his throat hurts "I love you so much."

"I love you too." Seungcheol whispered resting his head on Jihoon's.

The smaller's hand rested on Seungcheol's forearms.

"You're so important to me." Seungcheol whispered as he leans in to hold Jihoon's shivering lips.

Their lips collided and it was the most beautiful thing, It felt like seeing the sun after a storm. Like being bathed in warmth when all your life you've experienced nothing but the breeze of winter.

Seungcheol wanted to be Jihoon's safe haven, and that's what he became. Jihoon hugged the male, circling his small arms around him and the other's neck rested on Jihoon's shoulders.

"You're really warm." Seungcheol mumbled against the other's neck, his eyes closed. He can feel Jihoon's hearty laugh as he nuzzles closer to Jihoon.

If he has to make speeches like this every night, he wouldn't mind as long as he'll be able to hold Jihoon like this and hear him laugh at the end.