Time Machine

A Bitter Sweet of Suga(r)

So.. here we go. I never write something before.. especially about my life.. yeah.. life. Why should I tell anyone about my extra ordinary life? Hahaha I had a dream about being a writer, believe me… it’s happened when I was on elementary school. I was dreaming writing best seller books, beating J.K Rowling popularity. Sounds good huh? “Practice makes perfect”, so I wrote.. everything short stories, poetries, even did my friends’ paper because I believe in my motto.

As time goes by and you grow up then realize you can’t have what you want. All my works had never been accepted anywhere, magazines, news papers, even my mother said I have to quit from writing. Sigh.. so that’s the end of my writing career. Then, I start to think that being a writer was just too high, out of my reach because now I know im not capable. That was so sad, almost losing my appetite cause the one and only I know was writing and the result was really bad.

I try to forget about my past by moving in to new city. Joking, my daddy had new office, so I moved from Busan to Daegu and spent my junior- senior high school here. Daegu was like my new world for me, for the first time I know that body lotion worked like liquid soap, yeah.. thank you Daegu friends. Anyway, Daegu really opened my eyes about school, friendship, and love. Im not trying to emotional here but I owe Daegu for change me to what I am right now.

Let me explain a little bit about my life in Daegu. I was a young innocent and ignorant boy, as I mentioned before I was obsessed with writing things, I rarely went outside but I tried to changing myself. The first thing I did was going to library and spending my time there, day turned into weeks and I thought it didn’t work then later I went to PC Bang (Internet café) yet still didn’t work, everyone was so busy, I couldn’t make any conversations, I tried to greet them politely and end up with they ignored me.

Frustrating hit me, once I thought about suicide but I thought I couldn’t handle the pain when the knife cut my vein or that was no guarantee if I drank anti-insect liquid, then i decided to live my life. That was a fine day, I sat on the bench on my school enjoying the sunlight then someone hit my head, no it’s not someone it’s something, something that might be change me, yeah.. it’s basket ball.

After the basket ball incident I couldn’t stop staring at the player, and one day a guy from the team talked to me. He’s Namjoon, a browned skin boy with plump lips and white hair, so contrast with his skin. He was asking me about playing basket ball together. Honestly, I wasn’t good on sport but I had to left it aside because I need friends, so I said yes and play with them. That was my first try and they said “you are the worst player ever, Yoongi”. but Namjoon let me to join his team, not the regular but he said I could practice with them. Haahh.. sounds familiar eh?

One day, one of Namjoon’s team was sick so he told me to substitute him. Oh my god I would like to hug him because finally my day had come!! But I refused to do that, I didn’t want to he cancelled the order and think im a boy lover, no offense but hey! We are high schooler, boys hug was too much. Back to the field, I played with the team, I tried my best yeah.. really but we the fate was written up there, we lost. Namjoon didn’t want to talk with me a week and a week after that the field was closed for me.

I was alone, again. My mom who worried about me and took me to the ice cream bar to cheered me up, I said im okay but mother always had a reason to protect her child. Haha I love my mom. My dad didn’t know a lot about me since he’s a cruise captain, he rarely came home so.. yeah I didn’t know about him well.

One thing that I couldn’t forget about Daegu was about my new passion. I couldn’t be writer or basket ball player but this time im sure I can be a singer. The first sentence when I told it to my mom was “WHAT? ARE YOU JOKING MIN YOONGI? YOU EVEN CANT SING!”. Yeah.. I couldn’t sing but I can rap.

It was summer in Daegu, I listened to my old radio and Epic High song was played. Since that time I want to be a singer or rapper or anything. I wanted to produce music. So I decided to make my own music. Byebye basket ball. Hehe I started to write so many rap lyrics or even poetries, made a beat. Months after months flied and a big event was coming, “rap competition”. I signed up as newbie, that was held on underground, I had to wake up at the mid night and went to the competition place, my mom forbid me to join but my instinct said the other way, and there we go. I was really nervous, I drank water uncontrollably and I felt sick but when my name’s called I forgot anything, I rapped and relieved I did a job done.

A month later I could see my name appear as a winner, I wished my life in school was changed but nothing’s changed, I still have no friends but Namjoon now allowed me to play with him again. You think I’ll refuse to join, right? Wrong.. since I had no friends, I joined him again.

Namjoon knew I was the winner, he impressed and said my rap wasn’t that bad for a newbie. Haha yeah ofcourse I spent my time practicing. He took me to his place, and I felt small. He’s hell a good rapper, better.. really better than me. And I volunteered myself for being his student. Yeah.. that’s my high school look alike. After that I joined Namjoon’s rap team, in underground that wasn’t Namjoon but Rap Monster, so was I, im not Min Yoongi, I’m Suga.

.

“are you writing?” someone asked me from the back, I jumped a little and closed my laptop quickly.

“no.. I’m not, just a.. paper. My assignment. You know.. Prof. Lee’s.” I tried to convince the orange headed boy in front of me. he just nodded his head and sipped my coffee.

“really? Coffee?” he asked me again as he sipped another from my cup

“I need my battery” my quick answer, to be honest I ordered a tea but the writer did mistake so I had coffee. I didn’t tell this to Jimin anyway.

“I have no schedule after this, how about you?”

“me either. My class just ended 1 hour ago. What will you do?”

“I don’t know, you?”

“hmm… drowning myself on my paper, gotta finish it” no.. I wouldn’t do my paper, I just wanna write on my blog- a new blog

“huh? You do your paper? Are you sick?” Jimin placed his palm on my forehead, checking if I got fever or not

“no, Park Jimin. I have something to finish. As a colleger it’s normal” I don’t wanna make it suspicious

“yeah.. right but you.. you do your paper? Oh man.. you gotta be kidding me”

“Jimin, if you wanna disturb me then you can’t. I have something important here. You are sit here and shut your mouth up or leave”

“what?? Okay.. I leave. I’ll see you soon. Bye..”

That’s it, Jimin left and I sat alone. Ha! Now I have to decide what name will suit this blog. Haahh.. it’s hard to decide cause it’s like you’re giving a name for your child, I better make it best.