Two.

Living with the Lees
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

***

Lee's Residence, Jeju

First episode

 

 

Narrator: It is a known fact that this island Jeju-do is THE Island of the Gods but today, all of us would finally know why.

 

Presenting to you, the couple whose beauty and kindness can rivals those of the gods and goddesses, Lee Donghae and Sandara Park-Lee!

 

(Individual shots of Hae and Dara smiling and bowing in front of the camera)

 

PD: Please introduce yourselves to the viewers.

 

H: Annyeong haseyo~ I have two lovely and loving daughters—Haru and Areum. Aside from my very pregnant wife, both of them are the loves of my life. I'm Super Junior's Lee Donghae~

 

D: Annyeong haseyo, yeorobun~ It's been a long time coming, right? Mother of two, with another one coming along the way (shows her pregnant belly to the camera), I'm Lee Donghae's wife of six years, actress Sandara Park-Lee~

 

DH: It's nice to meet you all! Please take good care of us! (bows)

 

PD: Sandara-ssi was just telling us that she only knew about this last night?

 

H: She did? (looks at Dara in embarrassment while wiping his brow but Dara just shrugged at him) It's not like that—

 

D: (rushes to save husband when the producers looked like they were waiting for an answer) Truth be told, I was actually surprised when I realized he had not told me about it but I decided not to be upset—

 

H: You were upset? (asks innocently)

 

D: Don't pretend you didn't know I was! (rolls her eyes at him)

 

H: Saranghae. (pleads at her with puppy dog eyes)

 

D:  Oh please. (rolls her eyes again)

 

H: I'll give you thrice the massage I give you every night and even loan you that pillow of mine you really like if you forgive me. (bribes his wife, completely forgetting they were being taped)

 

D: (giggling, liking what she is hearing, and patting his hand) You've got yourself a deal, mister. (looks at the camera) He's not always like that, you know.

 

H: She's right. Anyway, we've got it all sorted out and I'm going to have to make it up to her but the whole family is on board already. (smiles and looks at the camera)

 

D: Yes, we are. And I realized it actually is a good idea that he wanted to spend more time with the twins. They especially love it when their Appa plays with them. I like having him around here too. (adds slyly)

 

H: You do? (lightens up)

 

D: Of course! I get to tell you what to do. I could tell you to vacuum…to cook…to buy groceries…to do chores… (narrates a whole list of chores in a joking manner which made the crew laugh)

 

H: (gives a shocked look)

 

D: I was joking!

 

H: Really.

 

D: Saranghae. (says it this time)

 

H: (rolls eyes) Oh please. (crew laughs harder)

 

***

(A clip of the twins being interviewed in the living room)

 

 

PD: Annyeong~ Please introduce yourselves~

 

(The twins looked at the PD confusingly and asked one another why they had to introduce themselves when they already know each other already. They shrugged right when the PD didn't answer right away and proceeded to stand up from where they are seated. Areum and Haru had misunderstood what he had said as they bowed facing each other before putting out their hands. The producer scratched his head and laughed out loud when he realized what they were doing. Haru and Areum were introducing themselves to each other.)

 

PD: Mianhe. I should have been more specific. Sweeties, can we try doing the introduction in another way? How about we introduce ourselves in front of the camera? You don't need to introduce yourselves to each other. You two know each other~

 

Haru: Oh thank goodness. I thought Areum forgot about me! (mutters under her breath)

 

Areum: (hears Haru and frowns) You're my sister! I will never forget you!

 

The parents heard the exchange and seeing as the younger Areum almost has tears welling up her eyes, Dara nudged Hae to help the kids with their interview.

 

"Of course you won't, darling. PD-imo just wanted you two to introduce yourself to the camera." Hae explained, scooping up pouty Areum and apologetic Haru to put them in front of the camera.

 

"Say your greetings, little ladies~"

 

The mood of the two instantly lit up and soon they were twirling in front of the camera, giggling and laughing, as they blew their kisses and introduced their names.

 

"Hello, my name is Haru—"

 

"And my name is Areum!"

 

"Please take care of us~" They said a little too excitedly before giving two full bows. Clearly, the earlier incident was forgotten as they skipped after bowing to where their Dad sat on the floor.

 

"Oww!" Hae exclaimed as Haru bounced on his knee a lil' bit roughly. He caught her in time though, before she could do any more bone damage. But it was Areum this time who attacked him. "Oww!"

 

The twins giggled loudly as they peppered their dad with adorable pecks on his cheeks. If this is what he'll get every time they attack him, then he'll be sure to welcome any attack anytime and anywhere.

 

He looked over hurriedly to Dara's side and mouthed, "Save me!" when the twins both had their arms wrapped around his neck. They were still smothering him with playful kisses but Areum was enjoying it too much that she had accidentally bit a part of Hae's cheek.

 

"Lee Haru, Lee Areum." Dara suddenly piped in before the twins could eat their father alive. "Come up here." She told them calmly, walking towards the couch beside Hae. "Your PD-aunts and PD-uncles are going to ask you questions like those stars we see on TV so you two try to answer as much, okay?" She asked them gently, sitting down and patting the space beside her.

 

The twins nodded right away, scrambling away from their dad and climbing up the couch to sit cutely and huddled up beside their mom. Hae followed then after, sitting beside his family such that the twins were sitting between them. He rubbed his cheek while settling down, still feeling the sting from Areum's bite and it seemed that Haru had noticed as she reached up with her little stubby arms and patted his cheek softly.

 

"Areum

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter