[ Final ]

[ Happy Birthday, I Love You ] by : Malevolance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Happy Birthday,

I Love you 

By : Malevolance

 

Started on 08/01/2017 at 18:43

Completed on 13/01/2017 at 00:00

 

// Notes //

(I actually got lazy and procrastinated a lot :p

In all honesty, I finished this in the last two days before his birthday lolol)

 

 

 

Sehun's deep brown eyes stared at the calendar, and at a date that he had circled in red with a bunch of hearts drawn messily. He wanted to scoff at himself for being so silly and so stupid. But now wasn't the right time for second hand embarassment of his love fool self. Sehun looked at his school bag which contained the present. Kai's present. It was his birthday today, on the 14th of January, a date that Sehun remembered by heart ever since he met Kai. With a sigh and an optimistic mind, Sehun grabbed his bag and set foot out the door. 

Sehun walked to school with a mind imagining all the possible scenarios, practicing for the millionth time his "Happy birthday Kai!" and hoping for the best. He really wanted Kai to like his gift. He has spent all of his savings on it, just to make the boy happy. It was strange, how Kai made him do all these things and made him feel all giddy and happy. It was the first time for Sehun. The first time he has ever felt anything besides amity and platonic friendship and he desperately wanted things to go well. At least for today. With a smile on his face, Sehun tightened his grip on his shoulder strap, and headed towards the school gate that was now in sight.

Sehun arrived a little ahead of time, so instead of going straight to his classroom, he headed for the bathroom to fix his look a bit. The weather was a bit windy and he was sure his hair has become a bit messy by now. He was right. He sighed when he caught sight of himself in the bathroom mirror. But it wasn't that bad. Sehun fixed some strands and looked at himself. He looked quite good today. His raven black hair was fixed, his skin looked fine although he was a bit insecure about his many freckles. He was wearing a simple black Hoodie over a white shirt, with black skinny pants and equally black shoes. Sehun really liked black. Everyone liked to about what they call his "funeral" outfits. But it was okay because...

...because Kai said he looked great in black.

Sehun slapped his cheeks at the thought of his crush, hoping he wouldn't blush and make a fool of himself already. After a few glances at the mirror, Sehun deemed himself ready to go to his classroom and wait for his friends, and Kai, to come.

"Okay! You got this. Just be your normal self, maybe try not to be a clumsy idiot and everything will be fine!" said Sehun looking at his reflection. He glanced at his watch and hurried to class.

Sehun walked enthusiastically. It didn't make sense that he was this happy for someone's else's birthday. He quickly arrived at destination and noticed a lot of people were already taking their places and he spotted Kai excitedly chatting with some of his peers. He looked as beautiful as always. Sehun admired his brown locks that moved so effortlessly along with the movements of his body. It didn't help at all when Kai was sitting in front of the window, the sun rays behind him made him look very much ethereal and out of this world. It didn't help when he smiled too, even if his smile was faint and subtle, it managed to make Sehun fall in love all over again. It made the pale boy remember why he fell in love in the first place.

It was about a year ago, in their first year of high school, that they first met. Sehun's group friends was limited to a very loud but cheerful Baekhyun and a cheeky Jongdae. It somehow happened that Baekhyun began dating a guy named Park Chanyeol. Meeting his friend's boyfriend was very overwhelming, mostly because the said guy was freakishly tall, and Sehun found himself tilting his head slightly upwards to meet his gaze. The second thing that marked this meeting was the fact that Chanyeol brought his own group of friends. The two groups merged ever so delightfully and now everyone is hanging out with everyone.

Kai was one of Chanyeol's friends. Sehun swears his stomach clenched the first time Kai said "Hi" to him. Sehun managed to stay calm and collected as he greeted him back. They got along well after that, mostly because they both shared their love for dancing, though Sehun repeatedly claimed he was not as good as the other, and Kai always complimenting him and saying "No! Stop talking Sehun, you're an amazing dancer!".

That sentence alone had Sehun's soul soaring high in the sky and happy as the happiest man could be.

Back to the present and enough reminiscing about the past. Sehun found Kai staring at him and realised that he must have stood there like an idiot the whole time and he felt very embarrassed. Sehun’s blush seared through his cheeks and freckles and for a minute he thought his face was on fire. He suddenly felt a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter