Warmest Winter

Warmest Winter

 

Another year has passed, and it was Christmas once again.

“Oh, wow, a lot of people are skating today,” Hyoyeon remarked as she pressed her face on the windows of the car.

“Do you want to go ice-skating?” Junho asked from behind the steering wheel.

Hyoyeon turned to look at her husband and smiled. “Yes, I want to. It will be fun with lots of people around!”

He parked the car and after paying and changing their shoes for skates they headed to the skating rink. They carefully skated, holding hands.

Halfway through, a twirling girl hit Junho on the chest with her arm. He didn’t fall down, he just wobbled, and Hyoyeon held him.

It was the girl who fell, but she was on her feet faster than Hyoyeon could blink and she was skating gracefully toward them.

“I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to hit you,” she bowed at Junho, then at Hyoyeon.

“It’s okay,” Junho said. “I didn’t fall but you did. Are you all right?”

The girl looked up at Junho, then she glanced at Hyoyeon and smiled. She was very pretty. “Yeah, I’m kind of used to it.”

“Soojung, are you okay?” a tall boy skated toward them, his eyes trained on the girl. He put his arms around the girl’s shoulders and looked at her with worry and concern.

“I’m okay, oppa, there’s nothing to worry about,” the girl answered, smiling up at the boy and squeezing his hand which was draped on her shoulder.

They both nodded to Junho and Hyoyeon before skating away.

“Aw, they’re so sweet. I remember those days when we’re dating. I missed those days,” Hyoyeon said as she watched the two.

“Why? Aren’t I sweet now that we’re married?” Junho asked, pretending to be hurt.

Hyoyeon pulled him down and kissed his cheek. “No. You’ve become sweeter.”

Meanwhile, the younger couple was now skating around, the girl’s hand in the boy’s firm grip.

“You should be careful. You know that I don’t want you hurt,” Minho said.

“I’m not hurt,” Soojung insisted. Just then she stopped skating and gaped. “Omo, omo, Minho, look!” she pointed to a couple at the center of the skating rink. Others who are skating also stopped to watch. A lot of children are surrounding the couple, but from where they are, Soojung could see clearly.

The man was getting down on one knee in front of the woman. The woman has covered with her hands in astonishment.

Minho and Soojung watched as the man slipped a ring on the woman’s finger. The woman nodded, the man got up and took her in his arms and the children around them cheered. Other people who are watching cheered, including Soojung.

“Yay!” she clapped. “Omo, that’s so romantic.”

From behind her, Minho wrapped his arms around her waist. “Don’t worry, when I propose to you someday I’ll make sure it would be more romantic,” he whispered in her ear.

Soojung giggled and turned to Minho. “I’m sure.”

The couple on the center of the skating rink embraced for a while before letting go of each other. Seo Hyun looked at the people watching them and she turned bright red.

“Oh, my,” she put her palms on her face. “This is embarrassing.”

“I think it’s the most romantic proposal ever, unnie,” Jinri said as she clapped with the other children.

Yonghwa and Seo Hyun became a couple months after Yonghwa confessed to have fallen for her. And he had fallen so much deeper, as she brought him and his parents closer. Whereas Yonghwa thought his parents didn’t care, they do. And they were sorry when they realized they had spent little time with their son, and they were aghast when they learned Yonghwa had felt rejected and ignored by them.

Seo Hyun couldn’t believe how fast everything had been. But she was sure about her feelings for Yonghwa and she was sure about his feelings for her. She knew he would take good care of her.

As they went out of the skating rink and filed into the parking lot, Yonghwa stopped walking and pulled Seo Hyun in a corner.

“Children, you go ahead. Seo Hyun and I will catch up with you later,” he said and the children obeyed.

“Hyun,” he said, holding her by the shoulders and looking at her once they were left alone.

Seo Hyun smiled. “Yes?”

He grinned. “I’m just so happy and you just look so beautiful I can’t wait to kiss you.”

She laughed, but turned serious when she saw his face coming closer to hers. She closed her eyes as he pressed his lips unto hers. It wasn’t exactly their first kiss, but she always felt like it’s the first time every time.

When Yonghwa pulled away, his eyes were sparkling as he looked at her. He caressed her face. “My beautiful angel…” he whispered. “Thank you for coming into my life. I love you so much.”

“As I love you, Yong,” she whispered back. 

 

 

MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!!!