Seeing Clearly

Seeing Clearly

In all honesty, a long line in the school cafeteria was much easier to handle than one stupid, cheesy, handsome, and flirtatious Park Chanyeol.

-

Byun Baekhyun clicked his tongue when he saw a familiar figure walking closer to him. Hell. Before he could turn his back, Park Chanyeol's loud obnoxious voice rang in the eerily quiet corridor. "Hey, Baek!"

Baek your face.

He flashed his annoyed smiling face, turning to him. "What is it this time Park Chanyeol?" he asked. But the boy only gave him a grin - his usual signature goofy, the -inducing grin that could make your knees jelly and - No. His knees weren't turning jelly because of the stupid boy in front of him.

"Can you do me a favor and have your eyes checked? I think you should wear eyeglasses." Chanyeol said, brows furrowing. 

He rolled his eyes. "I'm sorry, but my vision is 20:20. Thank you very much," he said, beginning to walk to their cafeteria to grab his lunch.

"Your vision is just fine? Then why can't you see how much I like you? Please, have your eyes checked," Chanyeol said, smiling sheepishly at him.

Okay. That smile's turning his knees jelly.

"Well, why do me a favor and have your mind checked," he said. Chanyeol asked why. "Because I think you're going crazy. I know a mental institution, they can help you."

"You're right. I'm going crazy. Yes. I'm going crazy for you," Chanyeol finally said, winking at him.

He shook his head, biting his lips, trying to hide the small smile in there.

-

Seriously, all he wanted was a quiet college life. And it really did. Until Park Chanyeol happened.

Park Chanyeol was the transferee in their school. A handsome boy that shifted from commerce to business management. Yeah. He knew all of that tidbits because he's a freaking stalker of Park Chanyeol, and he's going mental because finally, after watching from afar for three years, Chanyeol noticed him. But. But what? Yeah. He's keeping it to himself because Park Chanyeol's a stupid heartbreaker. He knew that too. He was watching when he saw Chanyeol rejected one poor girl's heart. He's rejected too many people - and he don't want to be one of them. So despite Chanyeol's advances, he would reply him with a snort, a roll of the eye, or a grunt. Yeah. ing hide your feelings Byun Baekhyun.

-

"You know what? Ever since I met you, I no longer use Google," Park Chanyeol said one day. They were having their Algebra 2 then.

With a grunt, he turned to him. And he find Chanyeol grinning so bright. "Because you know, the search is over."

"Shut up." he only said, looking away. Okay. He's not blushing. Definitely not.

-

"Tell me, are a water? You know? Water?" Chanyeol asked the next day, hands on the back of his head. Without waiting for his answer, he said, "Because whenever I come near you, you make me wet." Chanyeol winked, walking toward the cafeteria.

Hell. He fanned himself. Park Chanyeol's a ert and he freaking liked it.

-

"You're like a light switch Baek," Chanyeol who was falling in line with him in the cafeteria said, grinning. "Not only you light my whole world, you also ."

Then, he heard chuckles from behind him. 

"Shall I turn you off then?" he said, with a rolled of his eyes. Chanyeol only grinned.

-

"Can you close your eyes? Please? Just for a moment," Chanyeol said one day, he was walking home then when Chanyeol called him.

Shooking his head, he closed his eyes, then opened it after a second. He raised his brows.

"Dark, isn't it? That would be my life when you're gone." Chanyeol muttered, winking.

"Why not shut your mouth? That's how peaceful my life would be." he said, walking away. No. He's not smiling like an idiot.

-

"Seriously, Baek, you're like my favorite song." Chanyeol said. They were having their midterm exam then. And yeah, they were seatmates.

"And why is that?" he asked, because really, the exam's draining him off.

"Because I can't get you out of my head."

He faked a smile.

-

"Aren't you tired?" Yes. That's Chanyeol again. They were in their PE Class, and he's doing absolutely nothing, so yeah, he's not tired and by the way, Park Chanyeol's dripping in sweat, and he's so freaking handsome. No. He didn't said that.

He raised his brows. Then, Chanyeol scratched the back of his head. Cute.

"Because you kept on running in my head. Seriously, aren't you tired?"

"Seriously, you're a retard." he replied. Yes. He's playing hard to get. And oh, he could bet his monthly allowance that Park Chanyeol's not serious anyway.

-

"Are you an English subject?" Chanyeol asked while they were walking to their English class.

"No. I'm obviously human." he replied, nonchalant.

"Well, because even though I can't fully understand you, you're still my favorite," Chanyeol said quietly.

And when he turned to look at his way - Oh. Good. Lord. His effin heary skipped a beat.

-

It was the first day of fall when Chanyeol asked to meet him in the rooftop. Okay. He's not jumping in his way to the rooftop. No. No.

-

"What's up?" he asked upon slipping in. He find Chanyeol there, watching as the sun set.

"Hey," Chanyeol replied, lazily. He raised his brows in that, but didn't comment further. Then, an unbearable silence descended upon them.

"Hey. Is something wrong?" he finally asked when the silence became too uncomfortable.

He heard Chanyeol took a deep deep breath, then, he grabbed his shoulders.

"I like you, Byun Baekhyun." Park Chanyeol suddenly said, a little too loud actually.

He hummed, unable to form any words. You like me? In a friendly way, I guess.

Before he could actually said that, Chanyeol spoke again. "Not in a friendly way, but in a ual way!"

He grimaced. . And when he looked at Chanyeol's eyes, the stupid, erted look were gone. All he could see was sincerity. So then, he finally smiled.

Just one smile. But Chanyeol understood. 

 

.

.

.