Ch. 1: Stupid Plan

For You

 

For You

Prologue

Jihun's POV.

 

* * *

 

 

I remember three things, though I probably should’ve remembered more. Nothing else mattered. 

First, I remember a bullet surging through my ribcage. 

Second, I remember Hyomin screaming my name. 

And third, I remember the necklace- a plain silver chain bearing an equally plain key -being torn from my neck.

Then I passed out.

 

* * *

Chapter One: Stupid Plan

* * *

 One month later. 

 

I didn’t dare breathe, sinking as far back into the shadows as I could manage, waiting for them to pass. There were two guards this time: one with lighter brown hair, the other black- both with guns strapped to holsters on their hips. I shuddered at the sight, remembering what it had felt like to be on the receiving end of one of those. I could still feel the pain sometimes. Let’s not get shot tonight, I chided myself watching as the two floated past without a second glance at the dark corner I was now crouched in, half of my body stuffed behind a hedge with leaves jabbing uncomfortably into my side.

 

The guards turned the corner and I wasted no time tearing myself away from my hiding spot and sprinting to the large vine that stood about ten feet away, crawling up the brick wall. The plant grew well past the third floor where I had approximately ten minutes to get to before the guards would circle again. my life.

 

It was a stupid plan in all honesty, and became even stupider in my mind as my hands grasped the stem of the vine, barely strong enough to hold me. Screw it! I began climbing. Breaking into anyone’s mansion would be considered a dumb move by the majority of society, but breaking into a mafia boss’s mansion... yep. That was just plain vapid. I was essentially signing my own death warrant.

 

But it was too late to turn back. I needed to find her

 

It was an arduous climb, feet and hands barely able to grip the tiny ridges between vine and brick. Little by little I made progress, continuously checking the stopwatch that now rested at 00:04:49. By far the worst part of this endeavor was the clothing. I was a twenty-one year old male- attractive and well liked by the ladies -and here I was dressed like one. It was seriously messed up. 

 

The idea had come from Baekhyun, my best friend, and savior considering he had been the one to discover me and drag my bloodied body to a hospital. I owed him a lot but not this much! It wasn’t about owing though, it was about protecting myself and once he had told me all the reasons why I should do it, I couldn’t turn him down. My face was plastered everywhere now, and listed under ‘missing persons’, which in of itself wasn’t a bad thing.

 

...except that whoever had taken Hyomin would be at my door ready to plant another bullet in my body if they knew where to find me. And I doubted this time they would leave any room for questioning whether I was alive or not. Heck, they’d probably plant a bomb in my chest just for good measure. 

 

“The best disguise,” Baekhyun had said “is to be someone they would never look for.” I growled, angrily tugging at the black leather skirt I now wore. It was WAY too ing short. Why do girls wear these contraptions? The t-shirt and hoodie were tolerable- tight but tolerable -the skirt, and bra on the other hand deserved to be shoved through a paper shredder... like a thousand times. 

 

My right hand slipped, scraping painfully against the brick. . I was above the second story now, on my way to the third with two minutes to go before the guards would be back. KNK headquarters were especially well guarded, as it was the second largest mafia group in South Korea, second only to EXO. I had been watching KNK for weeks now and knew everything anyone outside of the mafia could know about them. Their leader: Seungjun returned to his room every night at ten-thirty. His light went out at eleven. Now, at one-thirty in the morning, he would be fast asleep and completely unaware of anyone climbing through his ever-open window. 

 

Ten seconds remained on the clock when my fingers found purchase on the third story windowsill, sweat making them just the tiniest bit slippery. I hoisted up just enough to do a quick once-over of the room, finding that it was dark and devoid of life other than one mafia who lay asleep in his bed. Soundlessly, my feet slid from the ledge to the pillow-soft carpet on his bedroom floor, the rest of my body following suit as I dropped to a crouch and crept my way through the darkness around the foot of his bed. Moonlight pouring through the window created just enough light for me to see where I was going when I reached my destination point on the floor, just below where he now slept. Palms sweaty, I tugged a small bottle from my hoodie pocket and quickly unscrewed the top. It contained a new hallucinogen that had just been released on the black market that both disoriented the brain and seized the muscles, temporarily paralyzing the consumer. It would buy me a couple hours with Seungjun to get as much information on Hyomin as possible- hopefully her location if she was still alive -and then get out. 

 

My heart pounded in my throat as I slowly lifted myself above the bed, just enough to see Seungjun’s face. Flawless, pale skin greeted me, crowned in perfect, jet black hair. My eyes rolled in irritation before I could stop myself. Seriously, this is the guy in charge of one of the largest mafia syndicates in Korea? He looks like a model. It irritated me, rubbing up against the part of my ego that reminded me I was currently wearing a skirt! 

 

Focus Jihun! 

 

I glanced back at the sleeping face, checking once more for caution sake before shakily drawing my hand to his lips, easing them open as carefully as I possibly could. Taking the lack of change in his steady breathing as encouragement, I brought the vial to his mouth. Here goes nothing. 

 

Then, just as I went to pour it there was movement. Both lips turned up in a grin, releasing a single puff of air- that came out almost as a snort. Before I could react, the bottle of hallucinogen was smashing into carpeted floor, and my own back tumbling into a cloud-soft mattress. Dark, piercing eyes were above me then, gazing into my own as strong hands pinned mine forcefully to the bed. 

 

“I generally prefer to sleep without poison running down my throat.” A smooth voice spoke, light puffs that smelled of mint and whiskey blowing across my face. Say something, my mind demanded, but my traitorous lips were too frozen in shock along with the rest of my body to do anything. I’m going to die! 

 

“So, who are you?” He continued on, apparently unfazed by my lack of communication. “I don’t recall doing anything to warrant a woman sneaking into my bed in the middle of the night.” For a moment longer I was too stunned to do anything. This was Seungjun. THE Seungjun. 

 

Wait. Woman?! 

 

Boiling hot rage filled me at the insult and I opened my mouth to scream at him, clamping it shut just in time to remember that I was dressed like one. Oh. Yes. A woman. That’s right. Act feminine Jihun

 

“Where is she?” I found myself saying. Dark eyebrows raised. 

 

“She?” It was a question. It shouldn’t have been. Tampering my rage, I tried twisting my wrists to see if I could wriggle from his grasp. Nope. Locked in. 

 

“Yes she,” I continued, pretending as though we didn’t both know I was currently trying to escape. “Hyomin. You know the girl that your imbecilic goons kidnapped a month ago, after shooting holes throughout my entire apartment. Where is she?” My tone was laced with heavy sarcasm but I was far from joking. Everything in me had been consumed over the course of the last month- bent on finding my girlfriend alive and hopefully unhurt. I needed to. I would never be able to live with myself if I didn’t. 

 

“I’m afraid I have no idea to what event you are referring,” He spoke. “My ‘imbecilic goons’ as you so politely called them, do not shoot up people’s homes and steal their girlfriends.” His eyes narrowed dangerously, and I felt the bed sink ever so slightly as more of his weight pressed down on me. “I am however, aware of an event in which a young girl scaled my wall to drop poison down my throat. Sound familiar to you?” I winced as his strong hands tightened around my wrists. That was going to bruise. The composed, almost gentle facade he had been holding up a moment ago, had now completely vanished and I felt a bolt of rediscovered fear run through me at the burning anger visible behind his eyes. 

 

“It wasn’t poison,” I choked out. The man continued to glare so I tried again. “It was a hallucinogen. It temporarily,” I stressed that word, “paralyzes and disorientates you, lasting only for a few hours.” I struggled, now openly trying to free my hands. “I just needed to find her.”  I tried to sound desperate. If there was any mercy in this man’s heart I prayed to the gods that it would surface now. 

 

For a long while he said nothing and continued to glare at me, easily restraining my wasted attempts at escape... and then he spoke. 

 

“Youjin.” I stared at him, confused. Huh?

 

Movement on my peripherals caught my attention. I flopped my head against the mattress, turning just in time to see a tall man in a black suit step out from a shadow on the far side of the room. I gaped, then mentally slapped myself. This man, Youjin, had been there the whole time watching my pathetic attempt at stealth.

 

“Yes sir,” Youjin responded, not even bothering to look at me. 

 

“Take Miss-” Seungjun glanced back at me. My mind scrambled for a feminine name.

 

“Jae?” It sounded more like a question than an answer. The mafia boss obviously thought so too, but appeared not to care enough to question it.

 

“-Miss Jae to the guest bedroom. I’ll deal with her tomorrow morning.” I squirmed. 

 

Deal with?! He’s so going to kill me. 

 

“Yes sir.” 

 

“...and Miss Jae.” Burning eyes turned back on me. “Don’t try to escape. I don’t like making my men waste bullets.” Well that was clear. Suddenly I felt the loss of pressure on my wrists and abdomen and realized I had been released. Dismissed was more like it. My fingers began tingling at the return of blood flow.

 

“If you would please follow me Miss Jae.” I hated the name already. It sounded ugly and weak. The tall man, Youjin or whatever, looked down on me with scorn, signaling for me to follow him. I considered running for the window but thought better of flinging my body down three stories only to be shot at. Again. Better not... 

 

So, I swung me feet off the bed, tugged on my skirt (to ensure it still properly covered my ), and followed Tall Guy out of the bedroom, wondering what on earth the next twenty-four hours held in store for me. 

 

* * * 

 

For You. 

Chapter One Completed. 

Subscribe. Comment. Upvote.

A note from RedNight:

Hey guys! Thank you for your encouraging comments and subscriptions! Nothing excites me more. While you're waiting for chapter updates (which I will continue to post as soon as possible) please go checkout my other fic: What He'll Never Have. It's a Jongdae x Baekhyun (EXO) fic written also upon request. 

If you have any other fic requests for me feel free to submit through the Chimerical Shop (request author: Red or any of the authors, who are amazing), or you can go to my latest blog post and type out your request there. I will get to yours if I can, as soon as I can. 

Thanks everyone! :D