Final.

Meow Meow Meow

 

"You did good than your usual work, Chaeyeon-ssi. Because of that, I'd like to promote you. Youre still a waitress but your payment will double up. You'll like that, right?" 

 

An ahjussi in a suit smiled then laugh. 

 

"Ne, ne. I'd really love that!" Chaeyeon ecstatically said. She badly needs money in order to support her family, her studies, her house rent, and she, herself. She's in Seoul to study and help her family in South Jeolla Suncheon. 

 

"Okay then. You still are a waitress but every night you must throw the big garbages in the kitchen. Seeing that you are the strongest in all the waitresses in here, I thought that you can handle that, right?" 

 

"Ne!" Chaeyeon politely nodded. 

 

"Tonight, you'll throw it." 

 

 

-

 

"Where the heck is that girl?!" A ragdoll cat whose name was Eunwoo, asked in frustration, obviously waiting for someone while walking in circles. 

 

"I told you, Eunwoo. Nothing is permanent. Remember the girl who's real clingy?" Another cat, with a breed of Siberian, beside her, whose name is Kyulkyung asked while her paws.

 

"Oh, that hooman Suhyun?" 

 

"It's "hyu-man" not "hoo-man", . By the way, how'd you know her name?" 

 

"Well, I heard the two girls who are always beside her say. Plus, she keeps on calling me Baeksoo for god's sake." 

 

"I have no problem with her at all. She keeps on giving me food." 

 

"Where is her, though?! Let's peek inside." 

 

After Eunwoo said, the two cats jumped in the window of the kitchen of the restaurant. Two pair of eyes were wandering. One with blue and the other with brown. 

 

"There she is!" Pinky pointed at the human who's removing her apron and covering her eyes with her hand. 

 

"Let's go!" Eunwoo said as she saw the described human making her way outside the kitchen. 

 

 

*SOBS* *SOBS* *SNIFF* 

The girl named Suhyun is sitting and crying near the trash cans. Eunwoo apporoached the girl and said "Are you okay?" 

In Suhyun's world, it all sounded as "meow" 

"Oh hi, Baeksoo." Eunwoo rolled her eyes as soon as she heard that 'lousy' name again. "I actually got fired today because the manager knew that Im giving food away for you.." 

Eunwoo smiled (as if that's possible) when Suhyun said that. 

"..Nayoung, and Haein." 

Eunwoo scoffed again when Suhyun mentioned the names of the persons who helped her to know the name of the human infront her. 

Eunwoo continued to rub her fur on Suhyun's legs and Suhyun gladly accepted it and caressed her fur. 

Pinky already left them because she'll benefit nothing but see her friend having the time of her life with that hooman Suhyun. 

 

-

"Oh my god! Why must this smell horrible?!" It was 2 in the morning already and being the human garbage truck of the restaurant, she must dispose of the trash.

 

Chaeyeon was carrying three garbage trashes (not to mention the six more bags, she left on the door) one on the left, the right and on the middle. Luck wasn't on her side that the smelly garbage bag is directly on her face. 

 

"Don't worry, Chaeyeon-ah. This is actually the first time you're taking out smelly trashes. You can do this!" She said to herself. 

 

It's been five days since Pinky last saw Eunwoo. The last one was her interaction with that hooman, Suhyun. Pinky wasn't worried, she wasn't at all. 

 

It's also been five days (nights, to be exact) since Pinky keeps on seeing this girl who's wearing gloves and goes out at 2 to throw garbage. Pinky's just sleeping on the box near the trash bins and she's sure the hooman sees her but only her eyes since she's inside. 

 

It's night 6 already and this time, Chaeyeon will throw liquid wastes into the sewer. It was put in a bucket. 

 

Dumb Chaeyeon, it is. She forgot to wear her mask so she went back to get them. 

 

Pinky, on the other hand, made her way into the bucket and thought it had food. Pinky smelled the bucket. 

 

"Disgusting !" She exclaimed then went farther at the bucket filled with horror. 

 

Pinky heard the hooman laughed. 

 

"And that's why I have a mask." Chaeyeon said then pointed at her face. 

 

Pinky just looked at her. 

 

"Oh. Ofcourse, you wouldn't understand. How stupid of me!" Chaeyeon exclaimed then laugh again. 

 

"I understand, dumb ." Pinky thought. 

 

The second time she heard her laugh. It's like a magnet or a food that makes her go nearer to her. 

 

"You're a good breed." Chaeyeon said while looking at Pinky. "Do you want to eat?" Pinky just looked at her.

 

Chaeyeon took that as a yes and went to the kitchen. 

 

"Why did she not throw this first though?! Ugh. Dumb human." Pinky exclaimed.

 

 

Chaeyeon went out and kneeled to the ground so she can feed Pinky. She reached out her hand and looked at Pinky. 

 

Pinky looked back and she regretted what she said. Her eyes were round, not really round, but it looks like it holds the whole world. It was shining bright despite the darkness. Pinky knows that this girl is having a really hard time. Lack of sleep was the most evident cause she sees because of the hooman's eyebags.

 

"What? You don't eat this? or maybe this is dog food? I swear, "cat food" was written there." Chaeyeon said completely spilling all her thoughts to the cat infront of her. 

 

Pinky ate the food on the hooman's hand and it tasted like the best food ever. She and Eunwoo had a habit before to steal food from other's people houses. Sometimes they use their cuteness so they can lure them. Heck! She even ate roasted chicken before but somehow, this "cat food" the human gave her is perfect! 

 

"Is it yummy?" Pinky just looked at Chaeyeon again. "I'll take that as a yes" 

 

Chaeyeon now granted Pinky's command and threw the liquud waste in the sewer. She scooted down and Pinky swore it was the best view ever. She can see the latter's soft white skin and her neck didn't help at all. Thanks to her night-vision kind of eyes. She can see that the hooman is struggling as the veins in her arms started to show up when she's about to raise the bucket. Pinky wanted to help her. Pinky knows she doesn't deserve this job. 

 

 

Several nights passed by and Pinky always goes out whenever Chaeyeon is there. Only at 2 am ofcourse. Chaeyeon would notice her presence right away then give her food. Never had she caressed her fur which was nice to Pinky since she doesn't like hoomans to touch her but for Chaeyeon, she's an exception. But Chaeyeon had never caressed her yet.

 

"Are you living by yourself? Why don't you come with me to the house?' 

 

As Pinky heard that her tail sticked straight up which shows she's excited and happy. 

 

"I'll take that as a yes." 

 

Chaeyeon went home with a Siberian Cat following her from behind. Pinky doesn't even know if Chaeyeon knows she's still there so she fasten her pace up and walked side by side with Chaeyeon. 

 

But all of those were useless.. The moment Chaeyeon stepped on the house, she locked the door that instant. 

 

Pinky doesn't know if she's being dumb again or she was so tired that she forgot her. 

 

"Oh well. I guess I have to check her house." 

 

Pinky is sometimes dumb but she's a smart cat. She climbed the branches of trees which leads her way to the window of the second floor of the house. She's sure that's Chaeyeon's room. 

 

The curtain is a little bit open and to the luck of Pinky's eyes, she daw Chaeyeon changing her clothes. Just like what she described earlier, her skin was so white, white like the clouds, it looks so soft, soft lik- 

 

Pinky's thoughts were interrupted as she fell to the ground. "Is this what home feels like?" Pinky said last before dozing off. 

 

 

-

 

KKRRRIIIIINGGGGGG

 

Chaeyeon woke up to the sound of her alarm. It's her day off but ofcourse she has to do work. 

 

She went outside to do laundry. She was still half-asleep, you can tell. She's in her white nightgown and her hair is very messy. 

 

She was about to rub the clothes she will be washing but she noticed that there's a cat that was looking at her. 

 

FLASHBACK FROM FIVE MINUTES AGO. 

"How can someone be this pretty? I don't mind living in the tree as long as I see a goddess every morning. Look at that hair, it's messy but it's.. it's oh my. And she looks like her soul has left her but she's still cute and her precious jawline! Oh my! Oh my! The-" Pinky thought but was soon stopped when the human she's been describing looked up to her. 

 

Chaeyeon looked dumbly (because she just woke up) at the cat infront her. 

 

"Meow. Meow. Meow."

 

She heard the cat she brought home said but she didn't understand and her soul was missing that she continued to brush the dirt off the clothes. 

 

"I... Love... You.." Those were the words that automatically went out of Pinky's mouth. She was shocked when their gaze has been cut then she realized Chaeyeon wouldn't understand. 

 

"I'm so stupid." Pinky said.

She left Chaeyeon there and went where her paws lead her.

"Why can't I be human?! Please God! Please know how much I want to protect that hooman! Please let me be human! Please oh please!" She shouted. She's informed that any human wouldn't understand her. 

 

-

 

"Eommaaaaa~" Chaeyeon sweetly called her mother. 

"Is something wrong, Chaeyeonie?" Her mother answered back. 

"Eobseoyo, Eomma! I got my paycheck already! I'll send it today! Just wait!" 

"Really, Chaeyeon-ah? How about you? Don't send me 100%, okay? Just send me 30% of it and keep the rest. You'll need that." 

"Araseo, eomma!"

 

Stubborn Chaeyeon was that she did the opposite, she even made it 80%. But she left the shipping express with a smile pasted on her face. 

 

 

2 AM. 

 

A girl in the middle of the street was laying down. She had no clothes. She stood up and got the blanket that was hung. It was small for her, it was only up above her knees and it barely covered her body. She's still thankful since it was the only house who has a blanket outside. 

 

The blanket wasn't enough though. It tried to fly away from her skin as soon as the wind blows and the latter is freezing cold.

 

She started walking slowly, it's obvious that she's trying to look for a particular house. 

 

"Lot 2.. 3.. What lot was that again?!" She exclaimed, annoyed at how she forgot the house.

 

"Oh! There is it! Yay!" then she jumped in excitement.

 

DINGDONG

 

DINGDONG

 

DINGDONG

 

Chaeyeon woke up at the sound of her doorbell. At first she was annoyed and even complained about not having any peace at 2 am. Then, scared, because who the hell would knock at 2?!

 

Before she opened the door.. she got the frying pan in her kitchen. So then she opened the door and readied her weapon. 

 

"Hi! Im.. uh.. Actually, looking for a house to sleep.. but.. can I sleep here?" 

 

Chaeyeon looked at the girl infront of her. Her inside was showing, she can see how tight her grip is on the blanket that covers 30% of her body. Everytime she opens , white smoke is coming out and she's shiverring. 

 

She can't let this girl freeze in the cold. She can't let this person be a prey to the hungry wolves outside the neighborhood. She can't let someone this precious, be alone in the dark. 

 

"C-come in." 

 

 

 

 

Finally! Wow this took longer than I expected. Thanks for coping up with the twisted AU I just wrote. Did you enjoy it? Leave comments! :)