Chapter 1: Exam

Life as a Trainee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

               The only way I could pass the exam was by cheating. I can’t believe I procrastinated my entire month to play video games and hang out with my friends. I should have been practicing my vocals, and the song I was preparing for this upcoming monthly vocal exam. If I fail this exam I might get kicked out of SM Entertainment. But how was I going to cheat? Thinking about all the possible outcomes, and it finally hit me like a blind monkey could have seen it. I got it, I am going to cancel the exam for next month. If I recall, the only way an exam will get pushed forward is if a big scandal happens in the company. I just have to make a fake scandal so the company attention is focused on it. I got until three days to make a big scandal happen. I’ll have think about this, but right now I’m craving coffee.

            As I’m lying on my futon staring at the ceiling of my basement, I take my phone out of my pocket, to message my best friend Seulgi. “Hey do you want to go to Tom’s Café with me?” I knew she was always on her phone so any second I would receive a repl–.

            Buzzz.

            She’s calling me, and why do I feel excited that she’s calling me. Snap your head out of it Chanyeol! She’s your best friend.

            “Hello.” I said in a deep voice acting manly over the call.

            “Hey Chanyeol, I saw your text and I would love to go with you!” Seulgi replied immediately in a soft excitedly voice.

            I hesitated for a moment, wondering why she was excited since we hang out every week. “Um, how about we meet in 30 minutes since I’m already dressed.”

            “Okay, I’ll see you soon Chanyeol, bye!” Seulgi hung up the phone.

            I made my way to the bus stop across the street. When I got on the bus I started thinking about the phone call that just happened. That was weird, why was she so excited? The last time she ever got this excited to talk to me was when I told her I bought red velvet cake for her. It was odd… She probably has something to tell me. We tell each other everything about each other and never lie to one another.

            Seulgi and I have been friends since I first joined the company as a trainee to become a singer. She already debuted as a singer, ten weeks before I joined the company. I can even remember my first conversation with her. I was practicing my vocals with my trainer in the studio. She walked in and my eyes immediately locked onto her. I asked my trainer who she was. He replied with that’s Seulgi, she just debuted ten weeks ago, and saying I was the same age as her. She was 18, but I was older than her by two months. She was born in May while I was born in March.

  

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter