Tuesday evenings

What's your Passion?

“Hey Jungkook!”, the voice booms loudly throughout the empty school corridor. Silence. A clock is steadily ticking on the blue wall between two classroom doors. It's 6:28pm. Jungkook stills. He hears him approaching but he isn't lifting his head. Gaze fixed on his old read sneakers, he changed into a few minutes ago. They're almost ruined, but he likes them anyway. A little hole on the inside of his right shoe and one of his shoelaces is slightly ripped. Better than those ugly white school slippers all students are forced to wear during their lessons. The boy reached him and his feet slides into Junkooks view. He's wearing some new and shiny white shoes, no hole and the shoelaces are also intact. An expensive brand, Jungkook couldn't afford even if his life depended on it. “Hey you'll do the cleaning duty for our classroom today. I've got things to do.” he's interrupted by some other classmates of Jungkook. “Jisoo! Come on the Movie is about to start soon ”. “You will, won't you?” Jungkook nods. Still looking down. His fringe hiding his eyes. Maybe he himself hiding behind it. “Didn't expect anything else”, Jisoo says with a knowing grin. He spins around and walks down the hall, leaving the dark haired boy behind. Their laughter trail of as they leave the school ground to spend time with friends. Jungkook blinks. Once . Twice. Nothing's changed. He lifts his head and lets out a silent sigh. Nothing ever changes. He turns around and starts to walk his way back to the room. He reaches the door of classroom 2A and enters. It's a mess. But he starts anyways, wiping some math formula of the blackboard, sweeping the room and setting chairs and tables straight into their original position. He needs some time cleaning all alone a huge room made for 30 Students, but eventually succeeds after good 50 minutes. He swipes of the dust of his Dress shirt and adjust his blazer over his shoulders. After picking up his backpack he's wandering the the empty corridors again. The sun starts going downwards, it's late summer. The day time gets already shorter and now the light is blending him as he steps out and stands a second in front of the huge building. Not even a teacher is still on school grounds, so Jungkook starts to make his way home. It's not a long way, just a 15 minute walk to reach his little apartment he inhabited with his mother and his little sister. So the dark haired boy walks instead of taking the bus for 3 Stations. He's in no hurry. Won't there be changes in his life anyway. He'll get home, eating dinner with his family, doing his homework, doing some household duties his mother will bother him with and then sleep. Push the repeat button. Waking up, eating breakfast, going to school, cleaning the classroom, going back home, eating dinner, writing down his school stuff, doing some chores, going to sleep. It's the same. It's always the same. What isn't the same is somebody exercising in the little park, at half past 7 on a Tuesday, Jungkook has to pass through to get to his complex. Or more likely someone playing basketball at the shabby little court in the shabby little park in front of Jungkooks apartment complex at half past 7 on a Tuesday evening. So Jungkook stops. It's the colors that catch Jungkooks eyes first. He's wearing a bright red Hoodi, and although it's still solid 66 grad Fahrenheit on this Tuesday evening in late summer there's a black Beani on his Head covering his shining white blondish hair as Jungkook sees through some strands that sticking to his forehead. His legs in those long black jeans running over the court with no end in sight. The Boy seems absent minded, a concentrated look on his face and fire in his eyes whenever he throws the ball right through the loop. Something causes Jungkook to stay and watch this endless game as it seems and he just sinks onto a bench behind the fence, facing the court and the figure of the boy. Even as sweat starts to trickle down the boys chin he doesn't stop and Jungkook sees hes making the same move for about half an hour, hissing after each jump and starting again. He never seems to be satisfied with the way he jumped, the ball flew through the air or even how he held his hand while throwing the ball, so he simply starts anew. Never with less enthusiasm or this spirited glance in his eyes. “Why won't he give up”, thinks the black haired boy. “Even if he gets the move wrong over and over again. Why doesn't he just moves on?”. Again the blond boy dribbles the ball near the loop, takes into his hand, adjust his position, jumps and scores. This time he stands still. Doesn't move over to start anew. He seems to think about it or something else. And finally he nods. His shoulders slump down. He's taking the ball and going to the other end of the court, away from Jungkook. As he reaches the opposite site his he picks up a towel and a bottle of water and Jungkook realizes he's done. The sun started to set and as Jungkook stands up he thinks about how much time has passed while he watched this boy playing basketball. He's tacking his backpack and silently walking away while the blond hair guy's back is facing him. After everything he watched him like a real creeper and it seems better to just disappear without the other noticing him in the first place. Jungkook makes his way to the front door of his home without further ado and enters the pin into the code guarded lock. Every of his days is like one another, as if copied and pasted. He eats dinner with his family and nods politely as his little sister talks about her day in school and praises his mothers cocking. He does his Homework, putting the laundry into the washing machine when his mother asks him to. And then he lays in his bed. But instead of sleeping he's thinking. Thinking about a certain boy in a red Hoodi. He likes red, he thinks. He thinks about slender finger, carefully dribbling the basketball. About dark eyes that hold a fierce gaze and something deeper he couldn't completely name yet. But he will, he thinks. Not today but soon. Today wasn't a day like any other. Today was different, he was different. Every of the boys days seems different, as Jungkook imagines it, than the one before even if he repeats a move over and over again. Moving his limbs the same way as before. Something is different about it. “What is it about you that you don't copy and paste even if you repeat? What's the difference between us?”, he whispers while his gaze is wandering through his unaltered room.

___________________________________________________

Hey,

I hope this was worth your time although it's my first try to write a story. Feel free to let me know about any mistakes or just write me if you have some suggestions or constructive critique.

This Story is inspired by @Sugakookie go check her out on twitter. I can't get enoug of her AU Ideas and would want to write a story for all of them! Well I have to start somewhere so here it is.

Hopefully until next time

*Over and Out*

-BS ♥