Meet Your Bias

Unforgettable Concert
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You are waiting in front of the concert venue. It is 2pm in the afternoon and the concert is still six hours away, but you don’t mind waiting for so long, although it is pretty chilly outside. There are other fellow Shawols waiting with you together, including your best friend, and fangirling, holding their banners in their hands already and just like you, hoping that your desired idols will arrive a bit earlier and you can catch a glance of them.

You are checking the fan site on your phone and smile brightly as you see your names in both fan projects for this concert. Soon, the flower baskets should be given out and the boys from Shinee will take time before the concert for you and other fans to give them the baskets personally. The other project is for Taemin’s birthday for which the fan site collected money for a donation in Taemin’s name.

“Four and a half hours before they will show up! What will you do when you see Taemin? I will ask Jonghyun for an autograph and a hug!” Your best friend exclaims excitedly and makes you chuckle a bit and shrug.

“Well, you know that Taemin doesn’t really like hugs from strangers … But maybe a handshake will be alright?” You smile at her. You would be very happy already by only seeing him, being so close to him, him giving you a smile or even only saying one word to you. It’s the small things that make you happy and you are not a greedy person, you also respect your idols. Hopefully, your fellow Canadian Shawols would do so too, you don’t want to have lines like London Exo-L back then.

“You are so humble, sweetie. But I bet you will just be a crazy fangirl in front of Taemin, just like everyone else here,” your best friend mocks you and pokes your side, making you glare playfully at her.

“Wanna bet?” You raise your brow and smirk daringly at her. She grins back at you and reaches her hand out.

“The loser buys the winner a concert hoodie,” she agrees and you shake her hand. You know, you will be able to control yourself in front of your bias, not wanting to leave a bad expression at the most probably only time you will be so close to him.

 

Two hours before the concert starts, you are waiting in the lineup for the fan project to give out the bouquets. SHINee will be arriving in half an hour and in an hour you will be able to give the bouquet to your most favorite member, Taemin. You are so excited that your legs feel like pudding and your tummy feels weird too. You hope it will be over once you stand in front of your bias.

“This is so exciting! I will meet Jonghyun in a bit!” Your best friend squeals as she can’t contain her excitement anymore and you just shake your head.

“Yeah, yeah, but come on, you are 23, act like this age,” you mock her and finally it’s both your turn to get your flower bouquets. They are really big and contain the name and favorite flowers of the member you chose.

“You say that so easily. It’s SHINee that are coming! How can you not fangirl like crazy?” She playfully slaps your arm, but you just stick your tongue out at her. Then you hear screams and squeals coming from the side opposite to the one you are standing at. You and other fellow fans turn around to see a few black vans pull up: SHINee is arriving sooner than you thought.

You are immediately being pulled along by your best friend as she runs towards the source of the screams and squeal. You just roll your eyes and shake your head, not really understanding why it is necessary to scream like a mad man or woman in this case. Everything would be so much easier if fans didn’t scream so much or made grabby hands like children in the hopes to touch their biases. It would made the fans’ life easier as well as the idols’ life and bring everyone closer together.

“There! Did you see? Jonghyun’s hand waved out of the window!” Your best friend yells into your ear as the cars pass by and seemingly pull up to the back entrance.

“I did, but I would be happy if you didn’t scream into my ear. Calm down a bit, you will see him soon.” You puff your cheeks and hug the flower bouquet to your chest, shielding it from all the crazy Shawols that are pushing and shoving in the crowd.

 

Finally, half an hour later, the tables for the event are being set up by the staff and the SHINee members are waiting close to them with their bodyguards. Being so close to them and able to watch them, most fans act like adults for once and here and there, there are screams of the members’ names, who wave to the crowd now and then. The participants of the event are being instructed to line up in front of the tables and you get a good place together with your best friend, not having to wait very long until it will be your turn.

 

“This is for your, Taemin-sshi,” you say shyly with a bright smile on your lips as it is your turn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter