Final

I Need U

One day.


One day was all it took.


One day and their entire world was shattered beneath their feet. 

 


 


 Dreary didn’t begin to describe the day. The sky had been painted grey since dawn and rain fell in scattered showers throughout the day. Jungkook watched from his spot by the window with droopy eyes. It was the sort of day you just wanted to sleep through so it would be over. Despite the fact it was only 5 pm he felt sleep tugging at his eyelids.


His phone chimed from his pocket. He checked his messages, yawning as he did so.


Jin: Up for a walk?


 A walk? In this weather? It was pouring heavily out. Jin must be out of his mind. It was asking to get sick.


Jungkook: No thanks, I’d rather not get deathly ill, besides I’m tired. I think I’m just gonna go to bed.


Jin: Okay.


 Jungkook abandoned his spot by the window to curl up in his bed, leaving his phone on the bedside table. He didn’t know why he felt so tired but beneath his covers and surrounded by the soft feeling of his sheets he wasn’t gonna fight it. He faded into an easy sleep.

 


 


 Namjoon was in the middle of the most important meeting of his life when Jin texted him. He wanted to curse the elder out but restrained himself to turning off his notifications.


 If this meeting didn’t go well he’d lose his chance at a record deal. He didn’t wanna work at a gas station for the rest of his life. If he could get signed then he could finally get out of his ty job and into a better life.


“Something the matter, Mr. Kim?”


“No, sir. Just a wrong number.”


 He turned his phone on silent and tucked it into his pocket.

 


 


 Taehyung was one level away from beating his all time high score. He had worked hours to get to this point. His blood, sweat (literally) and tears had gone into this game. He was so close he could feel it.


 He was so absorbed in his game he didn’t hear his phone vibrate on the bed where he’d left it. He continued with his game, unaware of the gravity of the phone call he was not answering.

 


 


*Buzz Buzz*


Jimin glared over, giving his phone his most hateful stare. Now she wanted to text back? Well forget it. Jimin was sick of waiting by his phone to receive a call or even a text. He was sick of trying in a relationship that was leading nowhere.


She could be dying for all he cared.

 


 


 Hoseok had always been bad with phones. He would either lose them or drop them in toilets or pretty much any other small amount of liquid. In today’s case he had been helping wash vegetables for dinner when his phone had dropped into the sink. It was his fifth phone in two years. It was embarrassing, really.


Rather than admit to everyone he had destroyed yet another phone he decided to go into the store tomorrow and swap it for a new one. No one ever had to know about his mistake.

 


 


A buzzing woke him from his much needed nap. Yoongi groaned, groping blindly for his phone between the sheets. He tried to follow the buzzing but it ended before he’d found it. He sighed, dropping his arms back down. If it was important they’d call back.


He settled back in, grateful he could fall back asleep.

 

 


 

 


 One person. He had reached out and out of six people, one had answered. Even then, he’d been turned away. Was this what he had to expect?


 Why bother fighting when the tide was constantly urging you down? He had no energy left for this. He was exhausted and he just wanted it to stop for a while.


 His mother’s medicine cabinet was stocked as always. He browsed through the pill bottles, searching for the right one. If he could just fall asleep for a while maybe things would stop long enough to figure it out.


 He fiddled with the childproof lock, hands shaking too violently to open it at first. He took a deep breath, reminding himself this wasn't the end. This was just pressing the pause button. It was like a vacation more than anything.


 The pills slipped down his throat easier than he’d expected. He barely needed to swallow the water afterwards but it comforted him so he did anyways.


 He curled up on his bed, staring at the wall as he waited for sleep to claim him. 

 Maybe life wasn’t as simple as he’d made it out to be. He couldn’t predict the future but he just hoped he could hold on long enough to have one.

 


 

 Six people had their world pulled out from under them in the blink of an eye.  

 Unanswered messages and declined texts filled their thoughts and suddenly they lost the person they could always rely on. 

 They went from 7 to 6.

  They didn't know how badly there were needed until it was too late.