WYD (pt. 2)

Eyes on You (updated w/ pt. 2)

A/N: so someone commented for me to continue this and I did! this time the italicized lyrics are from #WYD because I almost drowned in feels while listening and watching the mv I had to write something about it. enjoy!!


 

"Where you at, are you busy
Suddenly I thought of you
I wanted to hear your voice
So I tried calling you"

"Yes?" You smiled into your phone like an idiot while continuing to write with your other hand, no longer writing sums but instead scribbling randomly because you couldn't possibly concentrate while talking to him.

"What are you doing? Are you busy?" Your favourite voice replied from the other end of the line. It was crazy how you used to run away from this voice a year ago but now you can't get enough of it.

"Yes I'm doing my work, Hanbin,"

"Are you at home? I miss you,"

"I'm at home, I miss you too,"
Only at this point in time did you realize that you were actually scribbling too much, with a pen, on the work you were supposed to hand in.

"Can I come over? Pleaseee,"
Immediately after hearing Hanbin say that, you heard noises in the background and guessed that he was already packing his stuff to bring them over.
"But then I won't be able to finish my work.." You replied hesitantly, but truthfully. You want him to come over, of course, but you have never once finished whatever you have planned to whenever he's around.

"I won't disturb you, really, I promise this time. I just want to see you,"
It was unfair, how his few words could completely change your stand, cave your walls, and maybe also have made your weak heart do a little somersault.
"No, sorry babe," It took all your strength to say that, although it didn't come out as convincing and you could picture him smirking at your weak attempt to reject him.

You thought Hanbin would reply immediately with something else even more corny but surprisingly he paused for a few moments, and you actually thought you have finally succeeded in resisting him for once, but-
"You know how guys operate
You keep playing with my heart
My heart for you is like
An automated door
So all you have to do is come inside
Please don’t play with it"
You almost stabbed a hole in your paper with your pen as soon as you hear him rap, but hearing the lyrics then made you too weak to do that, too weak to do anything, honestly. He really knew your weakness.
"Fine. Kim Hanbin, I lost. You can get your here," You surrendered with an exaggerated sigh, even though your head was still fuzzy from his rap, and you hear him laugh softly at your exasperation.


As expected, Hanbin did not bother keeping his promise and two hours later you were still working on the same paper.

"Stop staring at me," You put your pen down for the umpteenth time and lifted your head to look at him who was laying on your bed with a piece of paper and pen in his hands.
"Sorry, just looking for inspiration," Hanbin apologized gleefully after looking slightly flustered at your outburst, and chuckled before returning his focus back to the lyrics he had been writing.

"Girl you’re my stimulation for everything baby
I just wanted to be real with you shawty"

You ran your hand through your hair, feeling a mix of how frustrating it was to not be able to concentrate but yet have your heart feel like bursting after hearing him call you his inspiration. It was not that you weren't aware of that, but because you have never really heard him say it out loud before.
For the past year ever since you spoke to Hanbin, you visited the bar less frequently simply because you didn't have to do that anymore just to see him. But whenever you visited the bar or tagged along with him, you noticed that his songs became less solemn, and that he didn't look as sad when he sang them and you knew why.

A year ago, you both treated the bar as an escape. Hanbin was there to sing as an escape, singing helped express himself and allowed him to breathe. And you were there to hear him sing as an escape, because it was like he understood your feelings and was putting your feelings into beautiful words and melodies.
After he came to talk to you on that day, you both got close and then realized how both of you were in the same mess.
You did not ask him about his past, neither did he, because it was not important; you have became one another's cure and what's important was the present.

In contrary to what you thought a year ago, Hanbin was not less perfect than what he had seemed like when you only watched him sing from afar and before you got to know him. You found out how he was actually less intimidating than he looked, and was actually like a kid most of the time. You never expected it but you also found out how easily Hanbin gets shy, but of course can also create the same effect on others as easily, especially girls. And also how much he loved his little sister.
Most importantly, you realized how you should not have tried avoiding and running away from him before, because he certainly did not break you like how others did.

And right now, he still looked as flawless as he did a year ago before you got to know him. He was wearing a grey oversized pullover which sleeves were then too long for him and covered his hands, with white ripped jeans as he leaned against the bed frame with his left leg tucked under his right leg which was stretched out. His hair was down, the way you like it, and untidy, because of how much he had been running his hand through it.

"You told me to stop staring at you and yet you're staring at me? Focus on your work babe," Hanbin looked at you and said disapprovingly, even though you both know he loved it.
You sighed and finally stood up, acknowledging the fact that your theory was right- you can never complete whatever you plan to with Hanbin around.
"I'll do it later," You said and Hanbin smiled in triumph, before patting the empty spot beside him on the bed. You couldn't help but smile at the thought of finally being able to join him and forgo your undone work.

You climbed onto the bed and was welcomed by his warmth as he wrapped his arm around you, pulling you close.
"Sing it for me?" You asked as you snuggled closer and wrapped your arm around his waist.
Hanbin smiled awkwardly before he did, then once again amazed you with how talented he is, and what his thoughts of you were, from his lyrics.

"I know that I am just one of many divers in your fishbowl baby
I just want to surf on your body like ocean waves
It’s too deep to get inside
Your heart that’s like the depths of the ocean

Just empty your mind
Build on a memory of
How you used to party when
you were younger girl"

Hanbin finished and looked down at your expression, looking like a five year old waiting to receive his lollipop. You smiled at the thought of that and reached up to kiss his lips softly.

"You're the only diver in my fishbowl, baby, and have you seen me party when I was younger?" You questioned as soon as both your lips separated. Hanbin his lips swiftly before replying, "Not really younger, but I've definitely seen you partying before,"
You frowned. "I did? When?" You had no recollection whatsoever of Hanbin being in presence when you partied.
"At the bar, a year ago, I saw you, a few times. You were drunk and dancing and all,"
"Oh," At the bar, you never knew he was there. Those were probably the worser nights when Hanbin wasn't enough to help you escape and you had to turn to getting wasted to forget.

"Hey it's okay, I enjoyed seeing you drunk and dancing," He leaned into your face and teased, interrupting your thoughts. It was obvious now how the swift kiss earlier on was not enough for him and had made him want more.
"I knew you were a stalker all along," You laughed and shook your head, turning away from his face on purpose.
"The stalker which you fell in love with while watching him sing?"
This made you turn back to look at him, "I didn't fall for you because of your singing, Hanbin," You loved his singing but it wasn't that which really made you fall in love with him.
Hanbin pulled back and looked at you with that smile which hinted something else, and sure enough you could feel his hand slipping under your shirt. "Really? Then what was it?"
"You."