Heaven

Heaven

Jaehwan sits on his rooftop. His black wings flap behind him. He's curled into a ball, staring up at the thousands of stars in the sky. Silver tears run down his face, as his wings close around him.

He's alone. It's nothing new. He's always felt it. The quiet, empty pain. It's draining. It takes all energy, leaving him unable to enjoy. Flying, his favorite escape, has become a hassle. It doesn't hold what luster it once did.

Jaehwan flaps his wings, feeling them grow soft. He hasn't flown like what he's needed in so long. Everything feels dull. Colors, flying, life.

“I should have had them torn out and left to bleed on the unholy grounds,” Jaehwan whispers, rubbing the feathers around his body.

“But then you wouldn't have met me.”

“How conceited, Wonshik,” Jaehwan whispers, ‍‍‍‍‍‍as a body sits beside him. Wonshik smiles warmly, sending a small burst through Jaehwan. Jaehwan smiles back, completely weak, and falling within seconds.

“What's wrong?” Wonshik asks, adjusting his winter jacket. Jaehwan notices the white fluffs of snow floating around them. He looks down at his arms, watching the flakes melt on his warm skin.

“Am I good enough?” He whispers.

“Pardon?” Wonshik asks, tilting his head. Jaehwan sighs, and shifts away.

“Am I good enough to exist? I was cast out from my home. By ones I trusted and I thought embraced me, only to be betrayed, to have my wings darken and to fall,” he elaborates, looking off again.

“Oh.”

Jaehwan rises. He walks to the top of the roof. He teeters on the point, arms out wide. He focuses on the task, ignoring the snow. His wings flap slowly, helping him balance. Cold wind blows past him. He doesn't even blink. He sighs, and drops down again.

“Maybe this is my punishment,” Jaehwan mutters, shaking his head. Wonshik shakes his head, walking up to him. He shivers, pulling his arms in close.

“What is?” He asks, sitting beside him. Jaehwan pulls up his legs, rubbing his chest, over his heart.

“Emotions. Feelings. Things catch up, and they can't be fixed,” he explains, flapping his wings. A silver tear shines in his eyes before falling down his cheek, streaking it with it color. A snowflake falls on it, staying for a moment longer than normal.

“Talk to me,” Wonshik offers, grabbing his hand. Jaehwan pulls back, shaking his head.

“I don't want to push everything onto you,” he denies, wrapping himself with his wings.

“I want to help you,” Wonshik says, moving to sit in front of him. Jaehwan shakes his head, as Wonshik grabs his hand. Jaehwan moves his wings, pecking through a crack in the feathers.

“I want to help.”

“I don't want to do this now,” Jaehwan whispers, as Wonshik moves closer.

“Jaehwan, you need to talk about this,” Wonshik nearly begs.

“No!” Jaehwan denies, forcing his wings forward. They hit Wonshik, making him topple over. Jaehwan watches Wonshik fall. His guardian training kicks in, reaching out to grab him. His wings flap, as he grabs Wonshik's wrist. He floats up, as he pulls Wonshik back to the rooftop. He sits Wonshik down, watching blood spill from a small cut above his eyebrow.

“Go inside. Treat that,” Jaehwan commands, backing away after. He turns, flying off the roof. Wonshik stands, watching Jaehwan take off. Black wings beating against the wind and snow.



 

Jaehwan returns to the house, wings almost white with snow. He jumps on the balcony, flapping his wings to black before walking inside. Wonshik lays on a couch, legs curled in. A pink band-aid lays over his eyebrow, making Jaehwan smile. He closes the door, before the cold takes over the room.

Jaehwan walks over to Wonshik, pushing his hair back. He scoops Wonshik up from the couch, curling him in close to his body. Wonshik snores, making Jaehwan laugh. He carries Wonshik to his bed, cooing as Wonshik nuzzles against his chest.

He lays Wonshik down, wrapping his blanket around his form. He kisses Wonshik's cheek, before moving away.

“You know that I care,” Wonshik whispers, causing Jaehwan to still. He deflates, pulling his wings into his back.

“I know. I know,” he says, looking back at him. He walks back to Wonshik, sitting beside him. “It's late. You should be sleeping.”

Wonshik grabs his hand, pulling him down. He gently hugs Jaehwan. “I don't sleep well when my friends are upset,” he whispers, nuzzling against his chest.

“Friend?” Jaehwan asks, looking down at the top of Wonshik's head. Wonshik looks up, nodding at him.

“I sure hope so,” he confesses, pulling Jaehwan onto the bed.

“I'm not good. You don't want me as a friend,” Jaehwan says, looking at him, as Wonshik's arms surround him.

“I do. I really do,” Wonshik says, squeezing him tightly.

“I've fallen. I'm not good,” Jaehwan denies, wiggling in his grasp.

“It couldn't have been that bad if you're here now,” Wonshik counters, voice starting to slur from tiredness. “And you've never told me what you did.”

Jaehwan sighs, before Wonshik snores reach his ears. He reaches up, starting to play with Wonshik's hair. Wonshik mumbles in his sleep, curling in closer. Jaehwan smiles, watching him move and rest. He kisses Wonshik's forehead, as a silver tear leaks from his eyes.

“I fell in love with you Wonshik.”

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A/N: This song and Lean on Me have helped me a lot. But yay something is put out. Until the next~ (-<) <3 ^_^