Chapter 1

The Voice Within

It was a clear bright day. Not even a single cloud can be seen on the sky. It is just too clear, unlike her mind which was buzzing with everything she had been thinking lately.

‘I thought it would be different’ was one of the buzzing lines on Subin’s head. She’s lying on her back, staring at the sky before her eyes. The rooftop had become her favorite rest area since the beginning of her school days.  Not that she has no other place to scatter around during recess, but the fact that nobody ever make any interest to join her, or even let her join in whatever God knows they were talking about had give her no other option besides ‘The Rooftop’.

‘I really thought it would have been different”. And there goes the line with additional words combined making it more complicated.

It had been 2 week since high school started, and also it had been 2 week since she starts seeing Sehun on the same school ground with her except his mansion.

It had been 2 week, and it had been a week since the last Sehun start making any interaction with her. She’s been thinking of any possibilities of what had gone wrong thought she already knew the answer.

Subin closed her eyes, trying to rewind the first day she met Sehun 8 years ago.

 

 

It was also a clear bright day, except that dark and gloomy aura radiated from the tiny boy clutching behind the dress of her grandmother. Sehun was surely trying to hide himself but Subin was too excited to see a child in her age, or soon-to-be friend, that she started to going around her grandmother just to get a sight of the boy.

“Subin dear, stop that you’re scaring him!” Mrs Choi grabbed Subin by the shoulder, trying to stop her from running around in circle. Subin can only smile and pointed her forefinger to Sehun, clearly wanting Sehun to come out from his ‘hideout’ and play with her.

Mrs Choi then turned around and crouched so that she was eye-level with Sehun. The latter stared at her with the visible frown on his forehead.

“Now Sehun, Subin is my granddaughter and I know you haven’t met her before. She just discharged from hospital yesterday. You know the place where the blue-clothed people with the evil needle and bad-flavored sweets?”  Mrs Choi whispered while trying to make her voice as sad as possible, “Now pity her as she had plenty of that for months and go and play with her. She needs a little bit of running and a friend to be healthy again, okay?”

Sehun nodded, frown slightly disappeared as he stared at Mrs. Choi.

“But first, you must know this. Subin cannot talk,” and that’s when the frown completely disappeared. Sehun shifted his gaze to Subin.

“She’s dumb?” Sehun asked, still in whispering state with Mrs. Choi.

“Yes. She can’t talk to you with words but interaction just not from spoken words right?”Mrs Choi smiled. Sehun nodded again. “Okay I’ll go and play with her, Mrs Choi”

Sehun started walking toward Subin and said “I don’t know how girls play with each other but I had train set in my room if you want to come and see me play.” Subin nodded her head and smiled. Both went into the house to go to Sehun room while Mrs Choi started to clean the mess Subin had caused from running around in Oh’s living room.

It had been almost a month since she started working in the Oh’s mansion. Mrs Choi moved into the district last winter when she received a call from the police of how her only son and daughter-in-law had died from a car crash, leaving no one but her granddaughter in the hospital. With few contacts here and there she finally got her permanent job as the head-servant of the Oh’s mansion, good enough to support both of them for years coming.

Subin had been dumb from birth, but the accident had left the greater scars to her. Knowing both of her parents had died and she’s the only one left. Who can stomach it? For months she refused to eat, refused to see her grandmother in the eyes. The only time she acted like a human being was when she cried over few shots here and there on her hand when drawing blood. Not that it’s painful but she just needed reasons to cry.

Then after weeks of mourning and when Mrs. Choi break in front of her saying she couldn’t handle to see Subin like this, saying she was not the only one felt the loss that Subin started to change.. And added with the fact that if she continued to be like how she was and ended with death of hunger and mourning then it would have been Mrs. Choi left to live alone.

And it is a few weeks after that event, when Subin had finally seen a bit in weight added with a load of cheerfulness that the doctor said that she could be discharged.

And it is also the very next day that she finally got to meet Sehun, the friend of her life.

 

 

A/N : I'm sorry it's kind of short (and I'm sorry for not updating my other fic) but I promise to update more chapters later  My head is aching with head-ache~~

 

Subscribe, comment and upload i mean upvote (seeimhavingheadche??))