Final

Jun's New Kitty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Junhui had always said he’d wanted a kitten growing up, so when his friend Soonyoung accidently told him that all of his friends were pitching in to buy him one, he didn't know what to expect. Well that's a lie. He had an idea. In fact he spent days picturing it, the perfect cat. It would be small, black, and have the softest fur. His cat would be so kind, and sweet. But when his birthday arrived that’s definitely not what he got. There had been a knock at the door and when Junhui opened it there stood Soonyoung and Seungkwang. The two smiled at him mischievously and stepped aside revealing a boy Jun has never seen before. He frowned not understanding what was going on.

 

“Heres your cat Jun!” Soonyoung exclaimed tugging the boy forward. The boy stumbled bumping into Jun. He looked frightened and Jun felt slightly sympathetic knowing he had been stuck with these two of all people. Now that he actually had the chance to look at the boy he noticed small bumps sticking out among his messy grey hair. Upon closer inspection he realized that they were indeed cat ears. He couldn’t stop himself from reaching out and giving one a slight tug. It was real. And not only that the boy hissed at him. Hissed. At. Him. Not sure on how to react he yanked his hand back and turned his eyes to Seungkwang hoping for an explanation.

 

“We know this isn’t what you were expecting but it’s even better! This here is a cat hybrid. He’s half human and half cat.” He reached over and pet the boy on the head reassuringly, “His names Minghao and he’s chinese just like you, so we just thought it was fitting that we bought him for you. He has a very limited knowledge of Korean so we expect you to try and teach him it….He wouldn’t be able to get by here without it.”

 

“He’s really scared of people. Apparently he was taken from his home a year ago, he was basically kidnapped, and has been surrounded by strange people speaking Korean for all that time. I pity the poor boy I really do,” Soonyoung mumbled patting the boy on the back and swiftly pushing him through the doorway into his new home.

 

Unsure of how to respond Jun just nodded his head and followed the two as they dragged the hybrid to the living room, where they plopped him on the couch. The boy stared at the floor refusing to look up at him at all. Jun sighed, “Guys I appreciate the thought I really do but this is so far off from what I meant when I said I wanted a cat. I meant a normal cat. You know covered in fur, walks on four legs and meows?”

 

“He does meow sometimes,” Soonyoung quickly replied. “Come on just take the poor boy. We spent so much money on him and how do you think he would feel if after finally getting out of that horrible shelter, he was forced back in? It would be all your fault you know? Do you really want to hurt this cute little kitty like that?” Seungkwang threw his arms around Minghao’s neck and cuddled him as Soonyoung spoke, nodding along to every word.

 

“I understand what you're getting at but-”

“If you understand then you’ll take care of him.”

“No see you’re not listening-”
 

“Don't forget you have to feed him, buy him stuff, and just generally keep him happy. You pretty much have to treat him like a baby and you’ll do fine.”

 

“Soonyoung would you listen-”

 

“If you have any problems just call one of us and we’ll come over.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter