Chapter 1

I loved you once

"Why can't you get over him?"

It wasn't the first time this question had been asked.

Jimin put his head on the table, the coffee cups shared by the two rattling upon contact. Taehyung just waited patiently, watching and waiting for his best friend to explain why, after over six months of being apart, Jimin still wasn't over Min Yoongi.

"I..." Jimin just sighed. It felt like tears were threatening, but his eyes were dry. He had a lump in his throat, but could speak clearly.  
"I don't get it. We went on a break, I said I wanted the break, to figure ourselves out... We were always long distance, and he was so busy, I didn't think he needed a full-on relationship." Jimin rubbed at his eyes, trying to distract himself from the pain of his own words. "But he didn't even seem to fight me."

Taehyung just nodded, this being the fifty billionth time he'd heard this story meant he wasn't as moved by Jimin's words as he probably could've been. He just wanted Jimin to get to the part where he actually answered his question. "Then what?" 

Jimin sniffled, gathering himself but keeping his head on the table. "We didn't talk much. It was kinda nice, I guess; I felt more free to make my decision, and I didn't feel like I was annoying him. 
But then things started to get weird. I just tried to message him, telling him good morning, and there was no response for days. I understood he was busy, but he couldn't even say he was okay? It felt weird.
Then I tried again a few weeks later, to message him I mean, and I realised I couldn't find his name. I tried looking through a couple times over... He'd blocked me. I tried looking for his number, his snapchat, his kakao... Nothing."

"What else?"

Jimin paused, feeling guilty. He was sure the hotness burning in his cheeks would give away this feeling to his best friend. "I asked Jungkook if I could use his Facebook to look at Yoongi's profile." 

This was news to Taehyung. He shifted in his seat, waiting for him to continue.

"He found someone else."

The two sat there, stone cold silence in the room, and Jimin tried so hard not to cry. 

"H... His name is Hoseok. He's really tall and good looking, and from what I can see he's got such a gentle-heart..."
Taehyung interrupted. "And yoongi loves him?"
Jimin burst into tears.

"I just don't understand why I wasn't good enough. I know I wanted a break, but it was just a break! And now he's got someone older than me and funnier and more talented and kinder..."

Taehyung placed a gentle, warm hand on Jimin's back, rubbing comforting circles onto his skin.

"I loved him, and I feel like I'll never love again."