Chapter One

Ink

     The tapping of a pen on a wooden desk can be heard in the office of a small condo in the middle of South Korea. Kim Seok Jin was never the most punctual person out there. He stares at a small sheet of paper that states his schedule for the day. With a black gel pen in one hand, he lets the tip of the pen rest on his arm as he copies the words from the paper onto his forearm.

     His handwriting is slightly loopy, and extremely neat for a guys'. The ink from the pen flows freely from the pen onto his smooth skin, leaving behind sharp, bold characters. The words, "1. Silver Spoon, 8:00 a.m." contrast sharply with his pale arm. Seok Jin smiles, satisfied with his handiwork. He moves onto the next thing to do, filling up his forearm with his schedule for the day. This had become second nature to Seok Jin, as he naturally wrote neat words across the expanse of his skin.

     Once he's finished, it looks like he has a sleeve tattoo, which was weird, considering the fact that Seok Jin looked like a flower boy. He peers out of the window, and sees a boy and girl walk past each other. Their shoulder's brush slightly, and the man turns quickly to apologize. Seok Jin grins as he watches the girl's dark hair turn a pale blonde, and the guy's hair a deep red. They were soulmates.

     In the world, there were soulmates that can identify each other in different ways. Seok Jin hasn't found his soulmate yet, because he doesn't know how to do so. He sighs wistfully at the blushing couple, and goes back to writing on his arm. His forgotten mug of coffee sits next to the window, the frost from the cold weather outside causing the window to freeze up. Condensation falls onto Seok Jin's table, but the 23 year old male doesn't do anything about it. He'll clean it up later. 

     Seok Jin plants his sharp chin into the palm of his hand, staring out the window at the grey city that Seoul has become. He just wants to be able to meet his soulmate. After all, doesn't everyone deserve to be loved?

.

.

.

.

.

     The sounds of fast beats mixed with several harmonies fill the volume of a small studio. Speakers leak out quick-paced melodies, slightly shaking the wood panels beneath them. A tall and gangly, blonde man leans back in his chair, his long, skinny legs barely fitting under his work table. He drums his fingers and thumps his calloused hands on his keyboard as he listens to the harmony that he just layered over the melody. Large leather headphones cover each side of his head as Kim Nam Joon smiles, liking what he's hearing so far. His deep dimples appear as he does so, making his face look about two years younger.

     He pushes the sleeves of his hoodie up, revealing the tan skin of his bare arms. He reached out to play a few chords on his keyboard, when he notices something on his forearm. Neat handwriting slowly makes its way up his arm, forming several words. 1. Silver Spoon, 8:00 a.m.

     Nam Joon looks puzzled for a second. He keeps staring at his arm, and watches in amusement as the writing slowly comes to a stop. It seems as if somebody was writing out their schedule. Nam Joon sits up excitedly. Could it be his soulmate? A large dorky grin spreads across Nam Joon's face as he rests his head on his desk, putting his bare arm under his chin and his marked arm in front of him.

     He goes through each character. The handwriting's really neat. Could his soulmate be a girl? Can guys have neat handwriting? What if his soulmate's transgender? Nam Joon would love him or her anyway. Nam Joon grabs both of the armrests on either side of his leathter chair, and swivels around on its wheels, lightly leaving scratch marks against his polished wood floor. What a shame. He just had the floor waxed too. Wait, no. His relationship with his future soulmate was at stake. Who gives a about wooden floors right now? 

     The dark haired man uses his long legs to drag himself over to a short, pale man working on the other side of the studio, his legs scrambling around clumsily as he almost knocks over a speaker and the pale man's coffee in his rush to get to him.

     "Yoongi hyung. Look at this!" The man looks over with a grumpy face, grabbing his coffee to keep it out of Nam Joon's reach. He stares at Nam Joon's arm for a second.

     "Okay... you wrote on yourself. Whoa. Much write. Very excite," he deadpans. Nam Joon frowns. 

     "I didn't write this!" The man rolls his eyes, taking a sip of his coffee while letting his black Sony headphones dangle loosely around his tall, skinny neck. He adjusts his black beanie, and blows some of his blonde hair out of his eyes.

     "So you got a tattoo? Never knew you had it in you, Nam Joon." The taller stamps the ground in frustation.

     "No! I think my soulmate did this!" Yoongi nods, his face blank as ever. He makes an "ok" sign with his fingers impassively, and makes to shove his headphones back on when Nam Joon makes a grab for his skinny wrist. His rough fingers grip onto Yoongi's wrist tightly, and if looks could kill, Nam Joon would be six feet under as of right now. 

     "Okay, sorry... don't kill me." Nam Joon lets go of Yoongi's wrist cautiously, backing up a couple of feet. 

     "So, what do I do? I think he or she wrote their schedule on their arm or something, I'm not sure." Yoongi sighs, and almost rolls his eyes into the back of his head. 

     "Then go and follow their schedule or something. What time is it right now?" Nam Joon looks at the clock.

     "Uh... 7:50. Why?" Yoongi gestures to the first thing on Nam Joon's arm.

     "I'm assuming that your soulmate's going to that shop at precisely 8:00. Get going, you little ." Nam Joon scrambles to rush out of the studio, and knocks Yoongi's coffee out of his hands in the process. As the younger flails out the studio, he hears Yoongi scream,

     "You owe me a ing coffee, you son of a !" Nam Joon gulps, and starts running. Silver Spoon is normally about twenty minutes on foot, but Nam Joon can get there in ten if he sprints. He doges people, and miraculously doesn't run smack into a telephone pole or anything. He pants loudly as he puts one hand on the door handle, and stops to take a rest.

     A smaller, pale hand gently pushes Nam Joon's hand aside, and catches his attention. He looks up to see the most ethereal being on Earth. Full lips, pale skin, shiny brown eyes, soft chestnut hair, and most importantly, a right arm inked all the way to the elbow. The man is staring at him with a raised eyebrow, clearly judging him for deciding to rest outside of a coffee shop. The man just gives him a weirded out look and pulls the door open, walking inside.

     Nam Joon slumps forward. That's it. He's officially embarrassed himself in front of his one and only. What he didn't see, was that as he rested against the door, the man had stared at Nam Joon's arm for a good ten seconds before making his way inside. A small smile rested upon his lips as his eyes sparkled in amusement and excitement at the same time. Instead of sitting, he waits right behind a corner, watching as the tall man walks in. He almost walks straight past him, until Seok Jin grabs at his arm. He smiles gorgeously at the taller man, who blushes furiously. Damn. He was really cute. He traces his finger over the man's arm, and peers curiously at the characters formed in his handwriting. He pulls out the same gel pen, and writes two simple words on the inside of his left forearm.

 

Hi Soulmate