Devotion

Devotion

Kim Jaejoong put on his apron, turning on the stove to prepare for their breakfast that day. He closed his eyes, trying to ignore the anxiety he felt within. It's troubling him since the summer kicked in. No, he's not troubled by the heat. Yesterday, when he searched to his hearts of heart, he found the real reason of his distress.

Jung Yunho.

It's nothing, but there's something wrong with his husband. It began when Yunho quickly fell asleep after their intense love making, and Yunho's not like that. He would pulled him for a hug, cuddled with him until they fell asleep. And these past few days, Yunho would come to his office, early, earlier. Then he'll come home late at night, and he's tired. It's suspicious, right? No, he's not just freaking out, he felt it. Yunho's slipping away.

He blew a heavy sigh, walked to their living room and looked at himself in the mirror. He looked like . What if Yunho's slipping away because he's getting ugly? Oh no. Then he'll find someone who's still young and still perfect - or worse, a girl that could give him everything. What if Yunho's cheating behind his back? What if Yunho had fallen out of love in him? What if --

He quickly run back to their dining room when he smell something was burning. He puffed a sigh, cleaned the mess in the kitchen and fried another set of breakfast. After thirty minutes, Yunho came, wearing his usual attire.

"Good morning, come. Let's eat. I'll make you coffee," he said, grabbing Yunho's favorite mug.

"Uh. No. I'll be having breakfast in the office. I need to be there at seven," Yunho said, marching to him. "I'll see you later." He only nodded.

When Yunho's car was out of their garage, he sat on their porch, thinking why everything's seemed to fall apart. They were married for seven years now, and prior to that, they were friends since their childhood days. Practically, they knew each other their whole life. What if because of that, because of being together for too long, Yunho's cheating? What if there's someone else? If then, it would be sooner than later that Yunho would like to end what they have.

But the question was, could he let him go? No. He couldn't accept that.

He closed his eyes, trying to erase the negative thoughts. But he couldn't, because the signs were there, Yunho's changing. He wouldn't kiss him in the ear anymore, or hug him from behind, or call during office hours just to say how much he loves him, or text him, telling him how much he's missing him, or surprise him, or just tell him how perfect he looked no matter how haggard he is. Seriously, he just missed all of that.

-

Once on their room, he began rummaging through Yunho's things, looking to his pockets, smelling his shirt, searching for his cabinets. He's looking for one evidence that he's cheating, there were none. But still.

He sat on their bed. "Really, am I wrong?" he asked. What if he's just being suspicious, what if he's just insecure, that's why he thinks Yunho's cheating? He raked his hair, blowing a sigh. Unable to think clearly, he decided to take a shower.

Undressing, he realized he's gained weight. Wait. Was that it? Was it because he's getting flabbier? What if Yunho's cheating because he's no longer petite? Then he'll look for someone who has a perfect body.

He closed his eyes, turning the faucet of the shower. How about because of his wrinkles? When he looked at himself in the mirror, he could already see the faint lines of wrinkles on his forehead and eyes. What if Yunho didn't like it? What if he's looking for someone who's younger, free from any signs of aging?

He's going crazy.

He thought as he put on some clothes. Sitting down in his workspace, he let out his frustration in his writing. He's a writer for a living - Oh. What if Yunho's looking for someone who has more stable and firm job? What if -?

He was brought back to his senses when his phone vibrated. Picking it up, he find Yunho's sent a message.

'Go to this restaurant later. We need to talk.'

Yunho's message said. No emoticons. No emotions. Nothing.

He put down his phone without replying.

'We need to talk.' Yunho had said. What if they'll talk about their divorce because there's really someone else, someone who's everything he wasn't. Closing his eyes, he began to plan what he'll do after that night. First, of course, he'll pack his things, bring it to his rest house in Myeongdong, then leave. Then he'll write their story with the ending he deserve, then he'll jump in the 33rd floor of Empire State Building. Seriously, Yunho's all he's got. And he couldn't lose him. But if Yunho really liked it, who's him to stop him?

-

Night came. The time has come. He's dressed in his usual clothes. Simple shirt, old pants, a rubber shoes. Really, why would he dress like a star when after that night, he'll feel like trash. Right?

When he reached the address of the restaurant Yunho texted, he realized there's no one there, and there's a candlelight dinner. He reread Yunho's message. It's the place, but really, there can't be a dinner like that, because they're bound to end everything that night.

He shifted his feet, pulling the door of that resto when Yunho's voice stopped him.

"Hey, Jae. Where are you going?" Yunho said, chuckling, motioning for him to come closer.

Okay. There's a candlelight dinner. And Yunho's smiling so bright.

"I thought I'm in the wrong place," he said, walking to him. He looked at the table, all of his favorites were there. He pulled a chair, but even before he landed on it, Yunho pulled him, then kissed him with such passion and need and love. He closed his eyes, tasting it. Because maybe, that would be their last kiss. Then, when they pulled back for air, Yunho caressed his cheek gently, his hands landing on his wrinkled forehead. Then, Yunho kissed it.

"Why?" Yunho asked, looking intently at him. He only hummed. "You still look perfect despite of this," Yunho said, grinning. He held his breath. Okay. Okay. What if Yunho's only saying that because he's being nice? So the separation wouldn't stung so much, or what if --

"I love you, Jae." Yunho whispered right into his ears. That's when he finally cried, because he realized how stupid he was. Yunho loved him and Yunho's not leaving him. And he let insecurities ruined his life for the past weeks.

"Why are you crying?" Yunho asked, wiping away his tears with his lips. He shook his head, and continued to cry, and Yunho continued to hold him tight as he kissed his tears away.

"I thought you're asking for divorce or something, these past few days, you're slipping away," he said after he calmed down. Yunho grinned, squeezing his hand.

"Really, I never even thought of that. I'm sorry if you're feeling like that. You see, I'm just working harder this year because I'm planning to resign next year, so we can be together every day, I'm really missing you when we're apart," Yunho said, cupping his chin. "Don't ever think of that, okay? I'll never leave you. And besides, why would I ever look for someone better when I already have the best?"

He finally smiled, tiptoed, and kissed him. "I'm sorry about that, I love you too, and just so you know, I'll never let you go, too." he said, winking.

Yunho hummed, tucking his hair in his ears, a mischievous smile adorning his face. "You know what? Let's just go home, I'm starving but I want something to eat tonight, you know, a dish named Jaejoong." Yunho whispered. He looked at the untouched dishes in front of them. It's mouthwatering. But he said yes, because a Jung Yunho with a little chocolate in the abs was much more appetizing.

"I love you," Yunho said again before they walked out of the place, hand in hand. A cool wind welcomed them, and they both giggled.

Before Yunho stepped in the accelerator, he said it again. "I love you, Jae. Just so much."

He smiled, eyes beginning to water. He closed the distance between them, kissing him. "I love you, too."