fin

Waiting For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was 7pm and he went out from the call center agency that he was working for. He rode his motorcycle and drove to the direction on where his apartment was but in the same direction was the restaurant where he always eats his dinner at.

 

There was traffic and Mark was trying to look at the traffic light without leaving his motorcycle when he saw a guy running over cars until he was near Mark. The guy saw Mark and approaches him. Mark saw the boy and when he looked behind the boy, he also saw 3 boys with masks chasing the boy.

 

Mark asks the boy to ride on and the boy did and before the little group reached them, the traffic light was already green and Mark drove away.

 

"What happened?" Mark asked the boy when the boy was already breathing calmly.

 

"Uh... well... I was in a gang and then I decided to leave them because I didn't know they were doing bad stuff until now. They didn't accept what I said and I kinda got into a fight with them but I ran away when I saw that the rest of them came."

 

"Oh my god, college students." Mark said and rolled his eyes.

 

"Hey! I'm in my third year!" The boy said.

 

"Well, I'm already working." Mark snickered and this made the boy annoyed and he stayed quiet.

 

"What's your name?" Mark broke the silence.

 

"My name is Jackson Wang. I'm third year college."

 

"Well, I'm Mark. And I'm a fresh graduate and started working three months ago."

 

"That's neat. Where do you--" Jackson was stopped when they both heard his tummy groan.

 

Mark can only laugh while Jackson lowered his head in embarrassment.

 

"I'm gonna treat you for dinner." Mark said and parked his motorcycle at the restaurant.

 

"Are you sure?" Mark saw how excited Jackson was and guessed that he rarely eats outside.

 

"Yeah." Mark said and the two entered the restaurant.

 

Their dinner went nice. The two was conversing while waiting for their food and conversed for a while after eating.

 

When the two decided to go home, Mark paid for the food and they both went out.

 

"Where's your house?" Mark asked Jackson.

 

"It's that way." Jackson pointed at the way apposite from where Mark's apartment was.

 

"Then let me drop you off." Mark offered and Jackson agreed because he noticed that there weren't any taxi passing by.

 

"Where do you live?" Jackson broke the silence and asked Mark.

 

"Well, it's in the other way. Straight from the restaurant."

 

"What? Really? Then why did you offer to drop me off? You're wasting time and fuel!"

 

"I had fun with you so I felt like doing this."

 

"Me too, Mark."

 

Jackson guided Mark until they stopped in front an apartment.

 

"Where do you go to School, by the way?" Mark asked Jackson.

 

"At JYP University."

 

Mark was staring at Jackson and then nodded.

 

"I'm gonna get you there tomorrow, 5pm."

 

Jackson looked surprised that Mark knows the end of his schedule but hid it, "Why?"

 

"Because... Jackson... I want to spend time with you more." Mark said and winked at the not-moving-Jackson, "See you tomorrow!"

 

Mark drove away and Jackson could only stare at the disappearing image of Mark's motorcycle.

 

 

Ever since that day, Mark's life made a 360° change.

 

Long ago, he lived to survive. Now he lived to see Jackson.

 

His life finally has meaning now.

 

Every 5pm, he tells his officemates that he has something to do for a while and leaves his work just to get Jackson. He then drops Jackson to a nearby cafe where he will work with his projects and assignments while Mark will go back to work until 7pm.

 

After his work, he goes to the cafe where he left Jackson and then Jackson decides where they'll eat dinner. At the end of the day, Mark will drive Jackson home.

 

It became Mark's everyday routine. And Jackson felt the same.

 

And one day, they both decided to confess to each other. And they did.

 

Both was happy to hear that their feelings was mutual.

 

The two became closer than ever.

 

 

***

 

 

It was 5:09pm and Mark couldn't find Jackson anywhere near the waiting shed Jackson always waits for him.

 

"But it's okay. It's just nine minutes, what is wrong with you." Mark was talking to himself.

 

His phone said 6pm and he decided to call his officemate to tell that he'll come back tomorrow.

 

He eyed the gate of Jackson's school and with one last glance at the waiting shed, ran in.

 

He found the security guard drinking his coffee.

 

"Mark? Mark Tuan? Is that you? Wow. You changed, kid!" The security guard recognized him but this wasn't what Mark's purpose why he approached the guard.

 

"Did Jackson Wang come out yet?" He faked a smile at the guard.

 

"Jackson? Yeah. Sure. But I saw him with his group of friends. It's been months since he hanged out with them but I guess they're good now..."

 

"Group of friends?" Mark knew it was Jackson's old gang but he needs to fish more information.

 

"Yeah. But Jackson should really avoid those guys. I mean, he hangs out with the most dangerous gang."

 

And Mark almost fainted when he heard "most dangerous gang."

 

He knew only one gang in JYP University in where the guard will address dangerous. 1 gang.

 

And no, he doesn't want to believe that Jackson messed with that gang. With that one merciless gang.

 

Then he snapped out when the guard clapped his hands, "Right! Their leader was your ex-boyfriend right?"

 

Mark closed his eyes. "I knew it." He thought.

 

"I need to go now, sir. Thanks for telling me all those." He said and ran away.

 

The guard was staring at Mark when he ran away.

 

"I guess I shouldn't have told him that..." He muttered and continued to drink his coffee.

 

Mark was running around the School.

 

Jaebum, the leader of the gang that the guard was talking about, always takes Mark to their hideout which is an abandoned building behind the School.

 

When he tried to open the door, it was locked so he had no other choice but to kick it down. It wasn't long when the door collapsed and he made his way inside and went to the one room where he knew where everyone spends their time at.

 

When he kicked the door down, his eyes first saw Jaebum's friends... and was once his friends too. Then he saw that they were beating someone who was lying down on the floor. The person was covered by blood, probably his own's and he wasn't moving anymore and Mark felt anger take over him when he realized that the person was Jackson.

 

He quickl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter