The Edge of Glory

Do Kyungsoo; Life of a Hotelier
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Meet Do Kyungsoo, a 23 year old bachelor who is working as a manager at a renowned hotel located in the city of Seoul. Despite being only 23 and just started working after he graduated from college, he managed to score a high profile job at a prestigious organization. Living his daily routine at work, sometimes the memories of his first day at work seems to amuse him. Working under his supervisor whom he deemed as incompetent, he carefully devised plans on how to “get rid” of his supervisor and slowly made his way up to the position he is in now. Looking back into his life, he is somehow proud of his little achievement. However, working in a big organization such as his is like living on a battlefield, everyone need to watch their own back and be ready to stab others back whenever it is necessary but as they say; what goes around comes around.

 

“Marlene, please arrange for the interview session tomorrow at 0200pm. Here are the names given by HR. Inform them to bring their resume and please ask them to dress formally. Strictly no revealing outfits allowed.” Kyungsoo instructed his secretary.

 

“Alright Kyungsoo.”

 

“And please inform them to come on time. I will not tolerate last minute appearance.” he continued in a serious tone.

 

Kyungsoo being himself really hates it when people are not punctual with time. To him, time is money, and every second wasted is like throwing money into the air. Sometimes he wonders how did he end up this way. Maybe the way of this world works has changed him without him realizing it. As far as he remembers, being raised in a moderate household as the youngest child in the family, he is well nurtured with high moral by his mother and it will not be too much if it is stated that Kyungsoo is pampered by his four sisters. So mostly in his childhood life, he is surrounded by the memories of him with his family.

 

“Knock! Knock!”

 

The sound startled Kyungsoo from his thought and all his walk down the memory lane vanish into the thin air as reality hits him on the face in the form of a middle aged man and to be more precise, the General Manager.

 

“Hey Kyungsoo, come with me. We’ll go inspect the suite reserved for our VIP tomorrow and please inform Melanie to also come along and bring some chambermaids. I need the suite to be thoroughly inspected without any speck of dust in it. Tip top.” The old man instructed in serious tone.

“By the way, how many night will the VIP guest be staying at our suite?”

 

“Approximately 3 nights. At least that is what his assistant told me when she made the booking and he will be travelling with his project director. From the info that I received, the guest is on a business trip, his company is the one that scored the contract for the construction project of the luxury mall by the promenade. Estimated cost of this project was appraised to be roughly at 1 billion US$. Roughly but maybe more. Not much info was disclosed about this project.” Kyungsoo casually explained to the GM while browsing his Note 5. Eyes focused on reading the latest release of Fairy Tail.

 

“Wow! Mr Kyungsoo, I am really amazed by your intelligence. You really keep yourself updated on the latest info. May I know who exactly is your source Kyungsoo?” the old man asked.

 

“Well, I am just doing my job. All for the sake of the company.” Kyungsoo replied.

 

“Exactly what to be expected from the guy who successfully sacked all his supervisors. You really remind me of myself when I was younger.”

 

“Well, next, I’m gonna fire you.” Kyungsoo whisper. In annoyance.

 

“Did you say something Kyungsoo?”

 

“Nothing sir, nothing in particular. I was just wondering where Melanie is. I texted her 5 minutes ago to meet us here.” Kyungsoo answered.

 

Well, the thing that happened next was not a pleasant situation for Melanie and her staffs as she was bombarded with angry word from the old man for being late. Some profanities were also included in the package. Kyungsoo being Kyungsoo, won’t stick his nose into others affair. He just ignored all the sound and casually browsed his phone as they all headed to the suites for inspection.

 

The next day,

 

“Marlene, is that all the candidate for today’s interview?” Kyungsoo asked?

 

“No Kyungsoo, there is supposed to be ten candidates. There should another candidate for the interview. It’s a male candidate.” Marlene explained.

 

“Then? Where is he? Don’t tell me that he is late.”

 

“Hold on, I’ll call him again.”

 

“Don’t bother. I won’t tolerate people who is not serious with their life. Just in case, if he show up later, tell him that today’s interview session has ended.”

 

Flipping through the resumes, Kyungsoo seems to be unable to find the right candidate to fill in the position. Everything seems to be wrong with these girls, either their appearance are not suitable for the position or the previous job experience is not related at all to the position of being a customer service officer.

 

“Knock! Knock!”

 

“Come in.”

 

“Kyungsoo, it’s the male candidate for today’s interview. He just showed up because he said that he had a minor accident earlier on his way here.”

 

“Did you tell him that today’s interview has ended?”

 

“Well, of course I told him that but he keeps begging at the reception counter to let him in for the interview. Maybe you should just let him in. Give him a shot. Who knows maybe he is the right person for this position. Ok? I’ll tell him to come in.” Marlene convinced Kyungsoo.

 

“Alright then, let him in. I’ll interview him. Besides those girls earlier are not made for the cut. Maybe I should give hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter