Fin.

Age is just a number
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jung Taekwoon life had been organized and well scheduled ever since he started his own company. Starting from a small company, Taekwoon had been planning everything by his own and of course with the help of his PA but he won’t say this, to a big successful company. There are a few branches all over South Korea and three others in Australia. Of course he gets famous after being a 35 years old successful businessman.

 

But he got one problem which is he’s lonely and all he could do to ease the loneliness was by working his off for his company. Women, of course they’re all over him but sadly only for his money. Such a pity for their pretty faces. He got envier when his PA, Kim Wonshik, engaged to a man who’s a year older than him which also means the same age as Taekwoon. He feels very lonely to the fact that he always let the lights in his house stays on.

 

But not until he heard that his sister got in an accident. She migrated with her husband to Washington and had a son which he never met because he’s busy and her sister barely even comes back to South Korea. For the past eighteen years, he never met his nephew and the last was at the hospital where his sister delivered the baby. Now, his parents wanted him to take care of the 17 years old boy because his parents were old and thought that Taekwoon won’t get any lonelier.

 

Thus, that’s the reason why he’s here at the airport arrival entrance with his PA waiting for his nephew to arrive.

 

“Doesn’t he know that I’m a very busy person?” Taekwoon groaned as he looked over his watch.

 

“Boss, you don’t even have any more appointment for the day. Chill up, you don’t need to keep yourself in the office.” Wonshik said while putting his iPad up in the air, which had a certain name on it, when the door slid open and some of foreigners coming out.

 

Taekwoon was so busy checking on his phone didn’t realise a boy nearly his height walked over to them and Wonshik keep his iPad in his bag. “Boss, he’s here.” Wonshik’s voice made Taekwoon looked up from the screen and stared at his supposed to be nephew but got confused. This boy clearly doesn’t look like him at all. Maybe he looked like his father.

 

“Which one of you is Jung Taekwoon?” The boy asked and pushed his luggage to them. “I don’t care which one of you is my uncle. Bring this for me, I don’t feel like it.”

 

“I didn’t know that my late sister rose up a brat.” Taekwoon questioned out loud.

 

“So you’re uncle Taekwoon? Good thing you’re good looking so I don’t have to be embarrassed.”

 

“He’s also famous here in South Korea.” Wonshik said.

 

“I didn’t know that this is Lee Jaehwan I once held in my arms. Bad thing I didn’t be your father or you might already dead in my arms.” Taekwoon then put his sunglass on and walked ahead.

 

“Does he mean that I’m ugly since born?” Jaehwan asked Wonshik.

 

“He isn’t meaning it that way. He meant that you’re cute since born that he might crash your cute face.” Wonshik explained. “Let’s go before he throws a fit.” Wonshik brought Jaehwan’s luggage along with him while the boy followed him with unidentified blush.

 

“Ahhhh, I’m so tired!” Jaehwan exclaimed when he entered the car. He decided to sit at the back seat though Wonshik already opened the front passenger seat.

 

“You’re so noisy I hate it!” Taekwoon said and Jaehwan took the opportunity to lay his head on the elder’s shoulder. “What are you doing? Go away!” He tried to push the younger’s head away.

 

“You’re so boring, uncle. You should spoil me and do as I say because you should remember that I’m your only nephew. Grandma said you’re nice but you’re totally opposite!” Jaehwan hugged Taekwoon’s arm tightly and kept resting his head on the broad shoulder.

 

“Wonshik, take this mosquito away from me!”

 

“I’m driving, boss. You can just stay put and let the kid do it. He’s your beloved nephew after all.” Wonshik chuckled.

 

“See, even Uncle Wonshik know how to be nice to precious person like me.” Jaehwan claimed happily and snuggles closer to his uncle. Few minutes later, the kid eventually fall asleep.

 

“How long are we going to arrive home?” Taekwoon asked while supporting the sleeping male’s head and slowly moved it on his lap; moving Jaehwan’s legs on to the seat so he’s comfortable.

 

“In five minutes, boss.”

 

“Speed up, can you? Jaehwan is sleeping.”

 

When they arrived at the building where Taekwoon’s penthouse located, Wonshik opened the car’s door for Taekwoon and tried to help him with Jaehwan which the elder man reject, saying he can take care of the boy by himself. Taekwoon asked Wonshik to bring up the luggage Jaehwan brought while he brought the sleeping boy to his house, punching the password he set before entering.

 

He brought Jaehwan to a room that he had tidied the week before when he heard about his nephew staying with him. Taekwoon gently placed his nephew on the bed and took off his jacket and shoes before tucking the seventeen years old boy under the blanket after turning the AC on. He patted Jaehwan’s head before walking out of the room towards the living room where Wonshik waited for him.

 

“Is he sleeping comfortably?” Wonshik asked.

 

“Yes, he is. What’s my schedule for tomorrow?”

 

Wonshik opened up his iPad and looked through the note application where he kept Taekwoon’s schedule. “You are going to have a dinner with Miss Sujeong at night. Well, she asked to schedule up a meeting with you.”

 

“Didn’t I finish my business with her? Why the need of meeting?”

 

“She might want to be serious with you this time.”

 

“Cancel the dinner and tell her not to try it anymore. Is there anything more?”

 

“You’re scheduled to send Jaehwan to his new school and pick him up later in the evening.” Taekwoon stared at his PA.

 

“Who scheduled me sending and picking that brat?”

 

“Your mom, she called me three days ago to schedule you with that. Is there anything wrong, Sir? Do I have to cancel this too?”

 

“No, I will do that. Then, I’m not going to the office tomorrow and if there’s any file I need to look at, you know your way to my house, right?”

 

“Then, I’ll go home now, boss. My fiancé said he wanted to cook my favourite dish.” Wonshik said while closing his eyes; imagined.

 

“Don’t make me jealous or I will make you work overtime.”

 

After Wonshik went home, Taekwoon took the luggage his PA brought in and put it in his room instead because he scared he would wake the younger up if he enter the room. He took a shower and relaxed under the cold water running on his body. He wore his favourite baby blue bathrobe and walked out of the shower and flinched when he saw someone sitting on his bed.

 

“You ing shocked me!” Taekwoon said and walked over his nephew.

 

“You didn’t answer me when I called you. Did you e in shower?” Jaehwan teasingly asked while laying his body on Taekwoon’s bed.

 

“What do you want? Go back to your room.” Jaehwan shook his head.

 

“No, I don’t want to stay in that room. It’s too small and stuffy. I like your room more. I’ll just stay here with you.” He smiled and stood up from the bed and began ping his luggage.

 

“I didn’t say you can stay in here.”

 

“Uncle, stay close and look at my face.” Taekwoon did as said. “Does this face look like I care about your opinion?” Jaehwan’s laugh could be heard rhyming in his room and for some reason, that place seemed alive.

 

“Fine, do as you please. Also, you’re going to attend your school tomorrow. I’ve ironed your school uniform. It’s in my closet.” Taekwoon walked over to his night stand drawer.

 

“That soon? I don’t want to enter school yet. Can’t you delay it?” Jaehwan jumped on the bed and tried to put up a puppy face towards his uncle.

 

“Look at my face; does it look like I care?” The question made Jaehwan whined and kicking everywhere on the bed.

 

“If you behave and listen to me, I will give you this new phone.” Taekwoon put up a newly bought phone in front of Jaehwan’s face which made the younger to stop whining. “Will you go to school tomorrow?” The boy nodded and Taekwoon handed the phone. “I bought this for you, actually.”

 

“You’re not a bad uncle anyways.” Jaehwan earned himself a pat on the head.

 

The next day, after a long night arguing with his nephew again, Taekwoon sent Jaehwan to his school and even accompanied him to the principal room until Jaehwan’s homeroom teacher picked him up and brought him to the class. The kid reluctantly said goodbye and waved at his uncle.

 

When he’s at his supposed class, Jaehwan looked around the class room and frowned. Everyone was so busy with their business and even ignored the teacher until the teacher said ‘new student’. Jaehwan realized; it’s an all-boy school.

 

“Is it true that your uncle is the famous Jung Taekwoon?” A student asked. Jaehwan nodded.

 

“So, do you have a lot of money?” He asked again which made Jaehwan shook his head. “Then, you can’t befriend with us.” He pointed at those who he mentioned. “We are only going to be friends with rich students.” What a low life.

 

Jaehwan took his steps to the back of the class where’s there two students sitting together while talking to each other. Suddenly the student who talked to him before made noise about him befriend with faggots. He was about to throw a fit but a hand stopped him from doing anything.

 

“Don’t do anything, just stay quiet. They’ll stop any time soon.” One of the mocked students said. “I’m Lee Hongbin and this quiet person next to me is Han Sanghyuk.”

 

“How can you guys stay calm with them talking to you like that?” Jaehwan asked, enraged.

 

“We’re already used to it. We got even nastier words than this when we first got together.”

 

The first half of the day in school quite exciting to Jaehwan as he gained friends and enemies at the same time, but it’s getting more exciting when lunch time. He got into a fight with the student that talked lowly to him in the class; he learnt that his name is Len. It’s clearly that Jaehwan was the first one throwing the punch but Len was also at fault for provoking. Honestly, Jaehwan was happy when the discipline teacher dragged him to the Counselling Room.

 

The reason was that he got to go home early and Taekwoon will pick him earlier than scheduled.

 

“I send you to school are for you to learn and make friends, not enemy.” Taekwoon nagged while he drove his car.

 

“Why do you have to listen to what the teacher said? Did you ever try to understand and ask me why I did that?” Jaehwan asked and he was totally mad at his uncle. Taekwoon can ask him what happened rather than listening to the teacher who was not even there when the fight started.

 

“Isn’t it clear enough that you started the fight?”

 

“Fine, believe what you heard rather than asking me what actually happened!” Jaehwan sulked until they reached home. He even slammed the car’s door but luck wasn’t by his side when he realized that he didn’t know the password to the house.

 

“The password is 0101.” Taekwoon said and Jaehwan quickly press the numbers and entered. He threw his school bag on the sofa and ran towards Taekwoon’s room which they shared. Taekwoon knocked on the door and called for Jaehwan’s name.

 

Taekwoon took out his phone and dialled his PA’s number. “Kim Wonshik, how the should I calm a teenager with rage?”

 

Taekwoon heard Wonshik chuckled from the other line. “Did Jaehwan get in trouble?”

 

“He got in fight at school and I just nagged him. He’s the first one throwing the punch and isn’t it clear enough that he’s at fault? Now he’s in the room sulking.”

 

“Boss, why not you talk to him and ask him why he did that in the first place? He’s still a teenager going through puberty. Try talking and make up. I know he will understand you and you will understand him as well.”

 

Taekwoon hung up once without saying anything to Wonshik. That guy already used to it anyways. He opened the door and saw Jaehwan lying on the bed with his face buried on the pillow. “Jaehwan, I’m here to talk to you.”

 

“There’s nothing to talk about. You won’t listen to me anyways.” He sat up on the bad and stared at him and Taekwoon saw loneliness and sorrow in that eyes.

 

“I’m sorry for not listening to you.” Taekwoon moved to sit next to his nephew. “I will listen to you now and won’t nag anymore.”

 

“Len talked bad about Hongbin and Sanghyuk while we’re talking.” Jaehwan started.

 

“Who are they, may I ask?”

 

“They’re my new friends and I like them a lot. They’re a gay couple and people at school don’t like them. They said being gay is disgusting and unhealthy. While eating lunch, Len and his friends came to our table and started mocking my friends.”

 

“You really did punch him because you only talk about your friends?” Taekwoon saw Jaehwan fidgeting and hesitate.

 

“Well, he did say about you being alone at this age and you doing illegal activities.”

 

“Next time, don’t mind his words like Sanghyuk and Hongbin did. You know what I did and there’s nothing illegal about my business. Do you believe in me?” Jaehwan nodded. “Now, where’s the brat I met at the airport yesterday?”

 

“Where’s the cold old man I met yesterday?” Jaehwan ended up cooking his own dinner.

 

The whole week seemed to be fine for both males. In the morning before going to work, Taekwoon would send Jaehwan to school and would pick him up in the evening. Even the elder somehow running late because of his work, Jaehwan kept himself from throwing a fit like a kid he is because he knew that adults are difficult task.

 

The fact that everything going great for Jaehwan doesn’t mean that it went smooth for Taekwoon as he’s getting busier with works and appointments. He sometimes has to bring him his unfinished works and finished it within the night. But there’s something else that had been bothering him since the first day Jaehwan stayed that. Every night while he’s on his way getting in to a nice dream, he heard someone weeping. It actually scared the hell out of him when he thought that there’s actually ghost in his house.

 

He figured that Jaehwan had been crying in his sleep every night and Taekwoon never asked why the next morning. It’s kind of crept Taekwoon and somehow he admired how his nephew tried his best in keeping his puffy eyes from him. Every morning when he woke up, he saw Jaehwan finished applying everything needed on his face leaving no trace of sorrow from the crying. He concerned but if Jaehwan’s ready, he’ll tell him for sure.

 

He should already tell him but it has been a month and Taekwoon still heard the sobbing every night they spent together next to each other so the elder decided that maybe he should take a step forward instead of waiting. He saw how Jaehwan had lost his once puffy cheeks within a month and that’s totally concerned him more than before.

 

That’s the reason why they ended up at a café, next to each other, on the weekend with matching sweaters. Taekwoon was embarrassed by it but then blamed himself for putting his words mindlessly. He told Jaehwan the night before that he will spend the next day with him and said Jaehwan could ask for anything from him so that’s the reason him, a 35 years old man, wearing a sweater patterned the same as his nephew.

 

“People are looking at me with strange looks, Jaehwan.” Taekwoon said while eyeing the customers in the café that had their eyes on them.

 

“Relax uncle; they probably just think of us as cute gay couple.” Jaehwan received a glare from his uncle but dodged it away with his cheerful smile; the one that covered all of his sadness.

 

“I look old with this kind of stuff. I want to change.” Jaehwan pouted.

 

“You said I can ask for anything. What about you do everything I want for half of the day and we’ll do what you want on the other half?”

 

“You’re not going to fall asleep, right?” Taekwoon stared at him.

 

“I promise you I won’t fall asleep! Now, we’re going to act like we’re having no family ties.” The boy quickly hugged his arm and laid his head on the other’s shoulder.

 

“What do you mean by that?”

 

“We’re currently out on a date like a lover and I won’t call you uncle. What is the right nickname for you?” Jaehwan acted as if he’s thinking and clearly ignoring Taekwoon asking if he’s crazy. “Maybe I should call you Leo. You look like cat but cat isn’t this big so you suits on being a lion. Then, that’s a perfect nickname.”

 

“Are you being serious now?”

 

“Of course I am serious, my Leo. Now, you pick a nickname for me!” The boy giddily said.

 

“What if I don’t want to?” Jaehwan began pouting again and Taekwoon gave up.

 

“Fine, since you’re serious about this. I guess I should play along.” He sighed and fell deeply in his thought. “Should I call you Ken?”

 

“And why is that, Leo?”

 

“I can’t deny it that you’re pretty since you’ve inherited my sister’s features thus the soft and pale skin. I can’t call you Barbie, can I? So instead, I will call you Barbie’s boyfriend name.” Jaehwan blushed and hid his face on the elder’s shoulder.

 

“You’re so sweet that made me question why you’re still a single old man. But I’m okay with it since I’ve got a boyfriend for the day.” Jaehwan claimed happily and Taekwoon relieved that he can make the younger happy. Even it’s just for a day.

 

“Excuse me, sir.” A waiter suddenly approached them with a smile. “Here your orders; chocolate milkshake and vanilla milkshake, am I right?”

 

“Yes, thank you! Work hard and stay smiling!” Jaehwan excitedly said and took his drink. “Let’s go, Leo.”

 

“Where are we going? Aren’t we going to just stay here and drink?”

 

“You sure are not such a romance person. We aren’t just going to just stay here for the half of the day.” Jaehwan began to stand up. “We’re going to watch cherry blossoms.”

 

“I’ll better take my car then.”

 

Jaehwan whined at the older words. “It’s not even romantic, Leo! We’ll be going to take shuttle bus!” The boy grinned.

 

“Are you seriously going to go around walking in this outfit?” For the half of the day, Taekwoon ended up listening to his nephew, including getting on the shuttle bus he hasn’t take ever since high school and walking around Namsan Mountain while holding hands with people staring at them intensely. Honestly, Taekwoon liked this one day boyfriend idea because at least he can feel that someone is by his side and he’s not alone.

 

“There’s still two more hours before we’re going to have lunch, Uncle.” Jaehwan quickly covered his mouth with his palm. “Sorry my mistake, I mean Leo.”

 

“I just want to rest and gain back energy before going on with my plan, Ken. You’re a tough companion.”

 

“How could you say that to your weekend boyfriend?” The younger pouted and crossed his arms over his chest.

 

“You think that you running around at the road are fun and not tiring? I’m old, remember?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter