Chapter 4

The only love I knew

“Jae! Jaejin!” As soon as he sprinted inside the crying girl threw herself in his embraces. “J-Jae!” her voice chocked. He tighten his hold around her and patted her head to sooth her.

Last night they talked for hours while planning their future together after he told her that his Umma is so excited about their wedding that she already booked a banquet hall without his concern and now she is on her way to buy the whole market for their wedding preparations. Everything was fine by the night. Suddenly he got her call in the morning she didn’t say much over the phone because of her hiccups so he rushed to her apartment without wasting time.

He looked at her face carefully while she finished the glass of water. She was looking so weak and tired. Her eyes were still red and puffy due to whole night crying. He took away the empty glass from her hand and put it down on the coffee table.

“Feeling better? Is-is it something about Jaejoong?” She gave him a small nod in response. “Okay! Now tell me from the beginning.” He softly squeezed her hand between his and encouraged her to speak more.

 

 /Flashback/

“Jae! Did you meet Yoochun the other day?” Jaejoong asked her a straight forward question.

“Yes.”

“You insulted him in public?”She kept her blunt way of questioning.

“It was his fault he was the…”She hung her head down and mumbled but,

“Leave it! That was all I wanted to ask you.”Jaejoong ended the question-answer session between them.

“Jae! What is all this? Why are you packing your things?” Shocked Jaejin asked Jaejoong who was busy packing her luggage.

“I am leaving home.” She answered sternly without sparing her a glance.

“What? But why?” stunned by Jaejoong’s declaration Jaejin demanded for reason.

“I am moving in with Yoochun.” She kept doing her chore pretending busy.

“Are you serious? Jae! Do you have any idea what are you saying?  No, you can’t do this to me. You are my only family after Umma how can you leave me alone. Don’t do this to me. What would I do without you?” She grabbed her hand and begged to her but Jaejoong pulled off her hand mercilessly.

“If you can do whatever you want then why can’t I live a life of my choice? If you like Yunho then what is wrong in Yoochun?”

“Yunho loves me Jae but it is not the same with Yoochun why don’t you try to understand this simple thing and for God sake don’t compare them with same scale.” Jaejin couldn’t hold her anger when Jaejoong drag Yunho’s name between their arguments.

“So you are trying to tell me that your love is love and mine is a mistake. You sure have double standards Jin. Move.” Jaejoong pushed her and Jaejin sprain her leg due to sudden fall. Jaejoong noticed that though she picked up her bag and attempted to walk out but Jaejin held her leg.

“Jae! Jae! Listen to me please don’t leave! Please Jae! You are my only family.”She lugged along her steps but it wasn’t enough to soften Jaejoong’s heart not even for a moment and she left without turning back.

/Flashback end/

 

“She left me Yunho? What am I going to do now?” She sobbed while hiding her face behind her knees.

“I am here aren’t I? Jaejoong is not a kid Jae she can take care of herself. Trust her for once and try to see things from her point of view. The more you force her the more she will rebel. Let her be and just wait until she comes back to you.” He tried to console her.

 

/Flashback/

As soon as he open the door small rain drops hit his face but the cold feeling couldn’t affect that smile carved on his lips as he witness a diva like girl waiting for him on the rooftop. “Yaa it’s raining you will catch cold.” He clutched the girl’s hand and tried to drag her along to get under the shed but turned around when he felt no movement from her.

“Let’s break up.” The girl said nonchalantly as she looked down to avoid making eye contact with him.

“Break-up! but why?” He held her by her shoulders still not believing at whatever she said.

“Let’s say we aren’t destined with each other.” She sure was a heartless girl when she said those words bluntly.

“Destined the ! You said you love me have you forgotten it already? Weren’t you happy with me? Tell me.” He asked that merciless girl between tears.

“Yes I did. I still love you but we have to stop it. It is not possible for me to be with you. I am sorry.” This time she failed to fight her tears which she was holding in her eyes.

“Why can’t you be with me? Come with me we can go to the place where no one knew about us then we’ll be together forever.”  He came up with a plan and grabbed her hand.

“No Yoochun! I can’t do this. I can’t run off. Please forget me and find someone who can love you more than me.” She said with a forced smile slide her hand out of his grip. Those tears of her he can’t stand to see at any cost are now seemed like the most artificial thing in the world.

“Stop your nonsense! If it is not you I don’t need anybody else. Don’t make me see your fake innocent face ever again the sight of it is making me sick.” He left her behind under the pouring rain. Unable to think what to do next he just walked along the road with his broken heart.

/Flashback end/

 

Faint sobbing sound made him pause on his track.

“I told you it is not obligatory and gonna be completely your choice. Me or her, are you regretting on your decision?” He asked Jaejoong who was hiding under the stairs sarcastically.

“No.” She said bravely.

“Good. I hate it when girls shed their fake tears. They love to showoff that they are the most vulnerable creature in the world.” Yoochun said in disgust. “If you are done with your crying then go upstairs, the second room from right is yours.”

She dragged her luggage somehow and threw a glance over the empty colorless room which was going to be her home from now on her eyes got teary in the memory of her twin. She closed the door and lean her back on it.

“Jaejin! Will you forgive me after what I did to you today? Although our bodies are apart but my heart will be always there with you. I am happy that you have Yunho by your side. I know he will take good care of you but Yoochun, he have no one he needs me more than you. I am sorry but I have to do this. This is the only way. I am sorry.”

This time she let her tears flow without any protest.