Chapter 1

Sleepless Nights {Hiatus}
The chilly, midnight air hit Minah's exposed chest like a cold, hard slap as she made her way out of her apartment building. 
 
She had dressed like a doll in a dark purple, skin tight one-piece dress with her black hair in curls, trying to feel confident after her rough morning and to release stress.
 
Her morning had a ruined her whole day. Her boyfriend of three years called her to a café for something "urgent" and broke up with her, repeating the old "It isn't you, it's me..." phrase and left her heartbroken in the café alone.
 
"Babo-yah... He didn't even say goodbye..." Minah ran down the sidewalk to the local club two blocks over. "Guys are so overrated..." She combed her hand through her hair and let out a long sigh. 
 
Maybe this'll be the night she finds her true love, whether it be a man or woman.
 
Her thoughts were interrupted as she bumped into a womanly figure.
 
"Um.. Excuse me," Minah bowed down 90° to the unknown woman looking at her shiny, white heels. 
 
"No, excuse me. I didn't mean to be in the way," the woman waved off the apology and gave the bowing Minah a friendly smile.
 
Minah peeked up at the woman, hiding her embarrassed face. She quietly scanned her up and down, taking the appearance of the woman. Her dark hair was wavy, caressing her shoulders, her white dress hugged her curves perfectly while she had lacey , and she wore white heels that showed off her perfect and long, white legs.
 
"Wah.. So pretty.." Minah stared in awe, her face turned a deep crimson colour as she kept staring at the beautiful woman.
 
"Thank you," the woman giggled, pushing her hair behind her ear, showing off her gorgeous, white neck.
 
The two stood in an awkward silence before the beautiful woman spoke, "Pardon me, but I have someone I have to meet." She smiled at Minah once before walking across the pavement.
 
Minah watched the woman as she walked around the corner. 
 
"She was so~ pretty.. I need to text Euaerin." Minah took her phone out of her purse and brought up Messenger. 
 
'Unnie~ I met someone tonight!!' She quickly clicked the send button.
 
'Really?? Who?' Euaerin texted back.
 
'I don't know her name, but she's really pretty~!!' Minah smiled cheerfully at her phone while tapping the dimly screen.
 
'A girl? I don't care, be it boy or girl, but be careful, Minah. Make sure she isn't just toying with your heart, babe. I don't want you getting hurt.'
 
Minah's smile grew from ear-to-ear when she read her unnie's message.
 
'I will be careful, unnie. I promise <33' She sent the next text quickly as she wanted to be at the club by 6.
 
A message caused her phone to vibrate rapidly. She peered down at had phone and to read the text that read:
 
'Be good, dongsaeng. Sorry, but impatient Hyemi is angry and is now urging me to hurry and get ready for our date later tonight, so bye byes.'
 
Minah giggled at the text and put her phone into her purse as she walked the corner. 
 
 
Minah arrived at the packed club, her purse in hand. The line had a numerous amount of party goers that reached to the end of the block with people still getting into the line. 
 
"Wah.. How am I supposed to get in?" She stared at the long line while pouting low-key. 
 
Minah stood out of the club for quite some time before some guy came up to her.
 
"Hey, cutie. Wanna get into the club? I'm a V.I.P." The meaty guy smirked at Minah.
 
Minah smiled at the jock-looking guy on the outside, but rolled her eyes in her head.
 
"Um-" 
 
Minah was caught mid-sentence as the guy grabbed her by her waist and dragged her through the doors of the club, past the security guard.
 
 
The smell of sweaty bodies, perfume and cologne rushed into Minah's nose as the guy pushed her through the crowd and onto the dance floor. 
 
The said guy started by dancing a distance away from Minah and slowly came closer to her.
 
Minah was grateful that she got into the club without waiting in the unending line outside in the cold, but the man beside her was getting too close for her comfort. And he obviously didn't notice he was weirding Minah out since he started to grind onto her as she was dancing awkwardly.
 
A few songs past as they danced together on the dance floor with Minah wishing the guy would just go away. 
 
"Hey, girl. What about I buy you a drink?" The guy grinned at her like he just pulled the best pick up line ever.
 
Minah giggled awkwardly as she didn't want to drink with this guy hanging around her.
 
"C'mon, babe. Just one drink." The guy gripped Minah's wrist tightly, hurting the tall girl and caused her to wince.
 
"Excuse me." A voice rang through the air, which Minah found familiar, that stopped the guy from pulling Minah along to the bar.
 
The touchy guy turned around and gave the intruding person a glare. "What the hell do you want..?" He tried to keep his cool. Minah kept looking at the irritated guy as the two spoke.
 
"I just wanted to mention that this woman here is taken." Minah now knew that the woman's voice sounded really familiar.
 
Minah slowly turned to look at the woman and saw that it was the one she had bumped into earlier.
 
"Taken? THIS woman?" The hunky man scoffed, releasing Minah's wrist, which let her rub the sore area. "By what guy?" 
 
"You mean 'Who?'" The woman corrected the man slyly. "Sorry if you feel embarrassed by a woman correcting you, but a woman doesn't have to like men, date men, or marry a man if she doesn't have feelings for a man. They can like, date and marry whomever they want. And the same goes for men." 
The jock stood there in awe for a few moments before regaining his defensive stance. 
 
"Whatever then." He crossed his buff arms and questioned the woman again. "WHO is this woman taken by?" 
 
"She is taken by me." The woman announced and pulled Minah to her side and laced their fingers together.
 
"Prove it," the guy smirked at the two girls.
 
"I don't need to prove that I'm with someone, babo. If I say I'm with someone, then I'm with someone. Get over it. Now, excuse us." The black-haired beauty stuck her tongue out at the guy as he stood in his place, awestruck. She walked Minah off the dance floor and over to the bar. 
 
The woman untangled their clasped fingers and sat on a stool at the bar. 
 
"You okay?" She looked over at Minah, worry written all over her perfect face.
 
"Uh.. Y-yeah.." Minah stared at her shoes and slightly nodded. 
 
"Here. I'll buy you a drink." The woman flipped her hair over her shoulders and waved a barista over to order. 
 
Minah glanced at the woman quietly. A blush covered her cheeks as she stared at the side of the pretty woman's face. 
 
Minah kept staring until the woman turned to look at her, which caused her to look around the club frantically. The woman caught on and smiled at her silly antics. 
 
"Hey." The woman's voice soothed Minah's ears. "My name's Sojin. What's yours?" She gave Minah an angelic smile.
 
Minah sat stiff for a second before answering, "M-my name's Minah." 
 
"Hmm.." Sojin squinted her eyes for a second before tilting her head at Minah. "I think I've heard of that name.. Have we met before?" 
 
Minah began to think of her earliest memories, slowly reminiscing and going through the newer memories. She shook her head.
 
"Hmm.." Sojin began to think again. "Are you famous?"
 
"Ani.." Minah shook her head yet again.
 
"Wah.. Jeongmal yo?" Sojin scanned Minah's body head-to-toe and grinned merrily, showing her eye smile. "You're so pretty."
 
"Anniyo.." Minah waved her hands profusely at the other woman. "I'm not pretty.." Her cheeks heated up at the comment.
 
"But you are pretty," Sojin scooted closer to Minah and looked her in the eyes. "How can you say you aren't?" She tucked strands of Minah's hair behind her ear and moved her face closer to the other woman's.
 
"Ahem.. Excuse me, but your drinks are here," the same blonde barista Sojin gave their orders to interrupted the little moment.
 
"Thank you, Keumjo." Sojin gave her the side eye. "Now, shoo shoo." She waved Keumjo away. 
 
Sojin picked up both glasses and handed one to Minah. 
 
"Here you go, Minah-ssi. Cheers." 
 
Sojin and Minah clinked their glasses together and threw the soju down their throats. They both winced for a second before returning to their earlier state.
 
"So.." Sojin coughed abruptly. "Minah-ssi.. What brings you here to this club?" 
 
"I um.." Minah stared at her empty glass before replying. "My boyfriend broke up with me.." 
 
"Ohh.. I'm sorry if you didn't want to talk about it." Sojin patted Minah's shoulder gently. 
 
"No, it's okay." Minah shook her head. "I'm fine." 
 
"Mhmm. Sure.." Sojin grinned amusingly. "Hey, Keumjo-ah!! Another round!" Keumjo nodded at Sojin in response.
 
"So I'm assuming you know that girl?" Minah looked at the blonde bartender. 
 
"Yeah." Sojin chuckled, tapping the cold, stone bar. "She's my best worker." 
 
"Your best worker?" Minah gave Sojin a confused look. 
 
"This is my club." Sojin motioned to the entire club. 
 
"Wow.. That's amazing.." Minah was amazed at this woman. She was beautiful, smart, cunning, and just perfect in every single way you can imagine. 
 
"Eh.. It isn't amazing when cocky little boys come in here to prey on girls." Sojin rolled her eyes thinking of the guy from earlier. 
 
"Oh.. Yeah, thanks.. For earlier.." Minah was entirely grateful for Sojin sweeping her out of the hungry animal's paws. "You really saved me over there." 
 
"It was nothing." Minah peered over at Sojin with a doubtful look. "Really.. It was nothing." 
 
"Here's your other round, ladies." Keumjo smiled at the pair cutely. "Enjoy." She made her way back to another customer.
 
"And here," Minah started, grabbing a glass, motioning to Sojin to grab the other one, " is to you saving me." 
 
Both women downed their glasses and slammed each of their glasses back on to the bar. 
 
Sojin felt a little buzz already, due to her little sustainability to alcohol while Minah felt amazingly fine. 
 
"You want another?" Sojin smirked at the other dark-haired woman, who looked like she obviously wanted another drink.
 
"Let's do this~!!" Minah felt happy, the happiest she had ever felt in years. No one had ever made her feel this happy. Not one person. 
 
"Keumjo~!!" Sojin called in a sing-song voice. "Another round, please~!!"
 
Keumjo just playfully rolled her eyes at her boss, who acted like a laidback teenager most of the time.
 

 Hey, guys. Just here to say that criticism is welcomed. Constructive criticism is needed for an author to grow and also learn about their readers and hear their thoughts. So, criticise, people. But no harsh words, okay? xp